DLA or PIP?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3731 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I currently receive HRC and LRM but would now be entitled to HRM as my condition has got significantly worse. I am not in a PIP area and my current award is due to expire in 2 years.

If I decided to report a change of circumstances in order to receive HRM I think it would still be a DLA claim. Am I right? I'm not yet ready to risk a PIP claim even though I shouldn't be any worse off.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I am happy to be corrected, but it is my understanding is that it will depend upon whether you live in a PIP reassessment area

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/265767/pip-postcode-map.pdf

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

Although I think I read somewhere that due to the backlog with PIP, they may have put a hold on migrations, maybe Estellyn knows better

• Haha 1

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

I guessed you had, just making things clear for anyone else with the same question.

All I have to do now is decide if asking for my DLA to be looked at again is worth the risk of losing what I already have and/or getting my review date brought forward.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I guessed you had, just making things clear for anyone else with the same question.

All I have to do now is decide if asking for my DLA to be looked at again is worth the risk of losing what I already have and/or getting my review date brought forward.

Yep, that's the risk you take.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Don't be sorry the map was useful. Any news about what areas are affected next?

not heard any announcements yet

I currently receive HRC and LRM but would now be entitled to HRM as my condition has got significantly worse. I am not in a PIP area and my current award is due to expire in 2 years.

If I decided to report a change of circumstances in order to receive HRM I think it would still be a DLA claim. Am I right? I'm not yet ready to risk a PIP claim even though I shouldn't be any worse off.

You are required by law to report any "change of circumstances"

Part of the DLA declaration.....

I understand that I must promptly tell the office that pays my Disability Living Allowance

of anything that may affect my entitlement to, or the amount of, that benefit.

I am happy to be corrected, but it is my understanding is that it will depend upon whether you live in a PIP reassessment area

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/265767/pip-postcode-map.pdf

Or you could try this

PIP checker

https://www.gov.uk/pip-checker

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

You are required by law to report any "change of circumstances"

https://www.gov.uk/pip-checker

Clearly, but since the reported change could (should!) only result in an increase in the benefit being paid, what consequence could there be for not reporting getting worse? I've certainly never heard of someone being invited to an interview under caution for not claiming extra benefit!

I already know from the PIP criteria that I should get high rate for both components, however since the PIP system is still relatively new and untried, I'd rather not be one of the guinea pigs.

RMW

Clearly, but since the reported change could (should!) only result in an increase in the benefit being paid, what consequence could there be for not reporting getting worse? I've certainly never heard of someone being invited to an interview under caution for not claiming extra benefit!

I already know from the PIP criteria that I should get high rate for both components, however since the PIP system is still relatively new and untried, I'd rather not be one of the guinea pigs.

If your so confident then you will get extra money, then go for it ....

One of the reasons the government are changing from DLA to PIP, is people Are choosing not to report a "change of circumstances" hence regular reviews under PIP and no life time awards any more !

Good luck

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Actually, I've had 4 reviews in the last 10 years and would have reported the change straight away if the government and ATOS hadn't treated disabled people so badly it's put them off claiming anything, ever, entitled or not.

I know I meet the criteria for high rate mobility, easily. However, thousands of people who meet the criteria for other benefits are having to appeal to get them so meeting the criteria is no guarantee at all.

RMW