• Tweets

• god they've got at you haven't they. told you all the usual utter BS. a CCJ vanishes from your credit file on it's 6th B'Day regardless to being paid off or not or paying or not. same with any debt with a registered defaulted date - it vanishes from your file on the DN's 6th B'day regardless. creditfix are Knightsbridge, (they renamed) there are 100's of threads here on Knightsbridge, if i remember rightly 2 of the directors of a certain very big IVA provider were struck off for embezzling £1m's out of debtors. pers i'd stop paying now.  end of . just ignore them all. 99% of your debts are to utterly powerless DCA's and probably were never owed in the first place only goes to firm up my belief from post one..you got had blind. its very easy to deal with the debts even those with CCJ's. can you copy and paste what you credit file says regarding the IVA please?   
    • The airline says it is investigating reports that customers can view other passengers' personal information.View the full article
    • They are finding new ways to cut back on household spending as China’s economy loses steam.View the full article
    • Sorry I meant credit fix - I really wish I'd known this before - kicking myself right now  If they come back to me asking for more money I'll cancel it and start trying to deal with the debt myself let's see what they say  Feeling tempted to cancel it now but scared that some of the debts will do more CCJ's on me and I'll have to wait 6 years again.  2 of the CCJ come of this year and then I'll only have the iva in credit file - effectively if I'd have not took out the iva in 2021 I'd have clear score by now - but then again would I because I would have been hounded the last 3 years, as bad as it is it's saves me lots of headaches whilst my debt was still within the 6 year mark.  I think most of them are near there but in all honesty no point chasing them if I do cancel iva I'd jjst wait for the ones who contact me and then start the relevant letter process on them.  Of over 6 years easy if not still possible to write off. My true victory would be having the iva wiped off my credit file as mis sold or something that way I Don't have to wait till 2027 Other option is to fight back and ask for them to offer the creditors to accept payments so far and use the following method    Will your IVA firm agree to complete your IVA on the basic of funds paid to date? The Guidance lists a lot of factors to be considered in deciding whether a settlement on the basis of funds paid to date should be proposed. You should read the list. But that may not give you any feel for whether they apply to you or not. The following are my thoughts on when an IVA should be treated as settled, not failed. They assume that you have £75 or less to pay a month: if you would currently qualify for a Debt Relief Order, then your IVA should be settled now  There is no point in making your IVA fail and you have to apply for a DRO – it will not generate another penny for your creditors. If you are renting and owe less than £50,000, check the DRO criteria now and talk to National Debtline on 0808 808 4000 about whether you qualify. You may have been told at the start of your IVA that you aren’t eligible – still check now as the DRO criteria have changed, your situation has got worse, and some people were given incorrect information about DROs at the start. if you have no assets that would be realised in bankruptcy (eg a house with equity, car worth over £2000), then your IVA should be settled now Same as (1), there is no point in making you apply for bankruptcy after your IVA fails. if your only asset is a car that is worth less than £8000, then your IVA should be settled now A car that is worth say £5000 would normally be sold in bankruptcy and you would be given a small amount to buy a cheaper car. But your creditors would not get any benefit from this as the Insolvency Service takes the first £8000 raised to cover its own costs. if you have significant assets, the closer you are to the end of the IVA, the less reasonable it is to fail it If you have been paying your IVA for 4 years, you have done your best over a long period. It isn’t your fault you can no longer continue. The fact you may have had equity to release isn’t relevant as that simply isn’t going to be possible. if your situation will clearly improve soon, then it’s unlikely your IVA will be settled I mean real improvements, not hoping that prices fall. If I can get them to accept payment to date or threaten with cancellation hopefully they may accept it -  Other option is to try and borrow money and pay make a full and final offer  Or I can just ignore and hope for the best which I'm very tempted to do especially if they respond to my review with bullying tactics despite me being skint as a fart with no mortgage as renting  It's so stressful but I've just checked the iva agreement from 2021 and it's Cabot 2 accounts Lowell about 5 accounts and then lots of repeats of the same debt with for example zopa and Cabot same amount listed twice -  also loyyds banks but I'm sure that's older than 6 years and not on credit file anyway  If I can somehow remove the iva from my credit file I'd be happy 
    • India has one of the world's fastest growing economies but the benefits are yet to fully reach the poorest.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

*** caution hastings non fault claims will be met with resistance ***

jay david
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3709 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

as a customer with hastings and an employee of another large insurance company i can only say an insurer is only as good as their claims department. in hastings case this service is deplorable.

i was involved in a non fault accident which the 3rd party insurer has already admitted liability. my vehicle was purchased less than 8 weeks ago and is still under dealership warranty. the damage was not extreme and mainly the costs of repair will be airbags and labour. the car purchase was £8500 and i have since been told that hastings have deemed the car a cat d total loss and value repairs at £6500. i was told the vehicle was a total loss in my first call to hastings to register the claim even though no-one had even seen the car at this stage. i am now at a stage where i am 5 hours of phone calls later and many missed promised callbacks in dealing with my claim (ongoing since 21st feb) that i am dealing with the 3rd party insurer myself. hastings even told me at one stage it was better that i deal with them as i wanted to buy the car back. is'nt this why i have paid a policy with hastings that in an event of a claim they act on my behalf not against me and i have to deal with it all myself.

the car was taken to salvage to be estimated and when i requested a copy of this estimate i was assured i would be copied into this email. however this was not the case and again i am back on the phone to hastings to get this information. i was assured of a callback from my file handler this afternoon but when this was not forthcoming i yet again call them to be told awfully sorry but he had a busy day. unlike myself who has not been busy as i have been sitting in all afternoon awaiting said callback. i have since spoke to the third party claim department who were extremely helpful and advised they have had the engineers report which is very vague and they have twice sent emails to hastings regarding who have failed to respond (suprised i was not).

today i have an email stating the hire car will be collected this week as hastings are awaiting an estimate from myself,

. i have yet to be able to provide an estimate as they have not provided me with the engineers report that they promised so cannot get an estimate completed.

each time you call hastings be prepared to waste lots of your own time and be promised callbacks that do not happen and also details of your claim being provided to you which does not happen either. i even had to inform hastings that the 3rd party insurance company admitted liability as hastings were unaware because they had not contacted them until i pushed them to do so.

i have had to deal with the claim mainly myself not with hastings as they are not competent in doing so. as stated earlier an insurance company is only as good as their claim department and in hastings i would never trust and all this came from a non fault claim, i can only sympathise with their customers whovdo have to register an at fault claim.

paula

Hopefully Hastings rep will respond tomorrow.

If there is damage affecting the structural integrity of the car, you might not be able to get it repaired. If the car is less than 12 months old and you are the first registered owner, some policies do cover the replacement cost of the new car in the event of a write off. Have a look, if this is relevant to you.

There have been similar complaint about Hastings, which their rep has managed to resolve, by getting someone senior from their claims dept to to deal with it. Hopefully this will happen.

Some Insurers have outsourced their claim departments to outside companies and I do wonder whether this is the case with Hastings.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

hi all the car is not within the 12 month clause unfortunately as its a 2007 model. however the car only has 11k miles since new and condition is immaculate hence why purchasing car back. my issue is that hastings told me to deal with the 3rd party myself regarding this and then told me i shouldl not have been advised this. each time you call them it becomes contradictory information that is provided. the level of service they provide is quiet shocking. the damage is repairable and structure is fine on the car.just can not believe a non fault claim is handled so badly and hastings want to resolve claim themselves then recover costs when claim is settled. the 3rd party insurers have actually been more helpful than my own insurer. this case luckily has not been outsourced so the blame will lay with hastings in how they treat their own customers. the amount of time i have wasted on calls is not fair and i was in tears today whilst my husband was on the phone to them yet again trying to be kept informed. they only way to get information is if you call them and push for it. just dont understand why it is so difficult for them to be helpfull and get the fairest outcome for the customers when they are not at fault

Hi Paula, Thank you for posting and explaining the situation. I am very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the service that you have received to date in regards to your non fault claim. If you can please contact us directly and provide your policy details I will be happy to liaise with the claims team on your behalf to hopefully get this matter resolved promptly. [email protected] Many Thanks, Jamie

hi jamie my claim ref is 001391300 the above issue is a result from already dealing with a manager as i asked for this when first register the claim and have since been dealing with the same person throughout. im not sure any issues can be resolved if a manager has not been able to resolve any of my complaints or queries to date. ill await a response again but dont hold much hope of this as so far i have many callbacks that have not been completed and this is from a senior member of staff.

thank you

and to add to the above i am still awaiting again 2 callbacks that i was informed would be completed yesterday afternoon when i spoke to the manager at 4pm regarding the courtesy car and also the return of my own car.

so i am still to hear anything back from hastings however i have just this minute received a call regarding the courtesy car i have and informing me it will be collected tonight at midnight!!!

midnight is not a time i would be expecting a knock at my door to say the least. apparently the courtesy car company have also not heared anything from hastings (suprised not the least)

just spoke 3rd part insurer who like myself and courtesy car company are awaiting a response from hastings. this is becoming a farce and time consuming for us to deal with. im an enquiring to see if the 3rd part are willing to deal with me alone as hastings cannot act in a proper manner on behalf of me as their customer. so all hinges now on hastings making contact with us all!!!!

so another phone call made by me to court car provider who advised they spoke to albany who in turn spoke to hastings yesterday afternoon and hastings asked to extend the car however albany declined due to delays. obviously these delays are a result and direct fault of hastings. the 3rd party insurer also confirmed still no response from hastings as the engineer report sent to them is to vague. so again im am in a position where i have to call hastings to get information not them contacting me as a previous post here has just advised me. fos will certainly involved in this case now as its becoming more and more frustrating dealing with such incompetence. no wonder hastings didnt return my call as promised yesterday about the courtesy car as they knew it was more bad news

Hi Paula, I appreciate you keeping this thread updated. Please be assured that I am passing all of your updates over to the claims team so that they are aware of this. I appreciate your patience whilst I get to grips with the status of your file. Many Thanks, Jamie

its not helping that im here at home phoning other people to get information that hastings should be supplying me.the court car company want a callback from me in ten minutes to give a time to collect car tomorrow a.m. which i cannot provide without knowing any details. im caught between everyone here because everyone is awaiting a repsonse jamie myself included from hastings. what do i tell the court car company in ten minutes? when can the 3rd party get a response from the 2 emails requesting a more detailed report and last but not least when can i the customer get the callbacks that were promised yesterday afternoon? its time consuming for me sat here again another day today dealing with all this. i paid a premium and and to re-iterate its a non fault claim and this can be resolved simpler and quicker if i alone dealt with the 3rd party insurer and not hastings

so finally hastings have called to ask how they can help me with the courtesy car query. i have had to give all the information as outlined in the original post in this thread again in detail. now informed that because i didnt accept the offer of settlement this means the court car will have to be returned. at no point in many calls to hastings manager was this ever highlighted to me. like i have then informed hastings if they had sent the original engineer detailed report when promised i may not even be in this situation. the caller was not even aware the 3rd party has been trying to contact them and can only apologise for many callbacks that they promised and did not fulfill. they will now speak to salvage yard to get time i can expect my car returned and i had to ask them can they please contact the 3rd party to find out what information they require from hastings. i had to suggest this. i have asked for a sars request form to have copies of my calls to proceed with my complaint to fos which i have to pay hastings for and this is the usual we will respond in 8 weeks to try and resolve the complaint. which is fine by me as the response will be passed to fos as unsatisfactory on my behalf. so where do i stand currently? again awaiting a callback from hastings to find out when i can expect my car and the result of what they have discussed with the 3rd party. 2 weeks of me calling has now been started all over again at a cost to me not to them. so the saga begins yet again. they had not even communicated between themselves in the claim department before calling me to establish my concerns!!! and now i have to go and rent a car when i was put off the road by a 3rd party who are willing to deal with claim asap but hastings wont allow them or me to do so. please think before insuring as price can impact service as is my case with hastings claims procedures and competence with claims handlers. matter far from resolved and as mentioned im back to square 1 all over again and awaiting another promised callback

This exact situation has been experienced by a number of people reporting on CAG. I really do think that Hastings need to revisit their claims processes to make sure there are no gaps. Hastings should have a flow chart of the claims process stating what actions they need to take at different points, so the customer is not forgotten and they have all the information that is needed to make decisions, so the claim is dealt with as smoothly as it can be.

I would guess that Hastings (like many Insurers) has outsourced some of it claims handling and they are therefore not in control of what is happening. This can make it a frustrating experience. When will Insurers learn that if they lose control over how claims are handled, it will eventually hurt them in terms of customer reviews and more complaints to the FOS.

It may be easier to just get the car back to a local garage and get the third parties Insurers to handle the claim.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

indeed unclebulgaria we probably will deal with 3rd party alone as they have been very helpful. the issue we have is all insurance companies understand the process of "the life of a claim" and its process however hastings dont seem to follow it. its all very ad hoc with them and customer service is most certainly their biggest issue and communication between themselves within their own departments. they leave the claim until you physically contact them and push them to do the work they should not need instructing to do. im sure their fos charges are very high especially as every fos complaint is a charge of £500 to them regardless of who wins the outcome. the 3rd party want the claim resolved asap in their words but yet hastings are the ones preventing that and hastings are meant to act in my best interest. they should be acting for me not against me!!! feel free to comment anyone on this thread your more than welcome

so finally do get my callback and hastings advised they have sent a full engineer report at last to the 3rd party which i have also asked for a copy emailed to me this afternoon. courtesy car will go back tomo even though the delays were caused by hastings. they will start the complaint process with the quality dept which i wont hold out much hope at this stage due to my current experience with hastings. i will speak to 3rd party tomo to see wether i will cancel my claim with hastings and i have also asked them to inform their own customer service dept of the issues as i am sure they will try and retain a full premium even though they have no costs to recover as its 3rd party liability. i will also be looking to have cancellations fees waiverd if i am to cancel as think this is only fair. they informed me as i have a complaint the claim maybe kept open so wont be able to cancel my policy even if i do not progress with a claim with hastings and decide to deal with 3rd party alone. in summary hastings have done nothing for me but cause hassle loss of many hours in having to call them the 3rd party the salvage company and also courtesy car company myself. as a non fault claim i have done the majority of their work and have wasted how many hours for callbacks that they failed to adhere to. lesson has been learned by myself to never insure with hastings or recommend anyone to do so (in fact i would do my utmost to dissuade future business from family and friends in doing so) but im sure lessons have not be learned by hastings themselves as this is not an isolated incident looking around this site and forums. i have never experienced a company work so hard against their own customers when their own customers are not at fault on in anyway shape or form. will post when i have further information regarding my claim and complaint to show the outcome of this claim and how i am to be treated by hastings going forward. it was only the power of this site that even got them to start listening to me and to actually call me back

You can cancel at any time you choose, even if there is a claim and/or complaint open. If this was not the case, if people had a claim say a month before renewal, they would have to renew their policies.

The problem you would have is getting a new company to insure you, as you would have to explain the situation to them. The car if it is to be repaired, could be off the road for awhile or if it is a write off, you won't have the car to insure.

exactly uncle and what if claim was worse scenario could be running for years as an open claim. also they advised would send me report they sent to 3rd party as soon as got off call to me and guess what. they have not as im sat here refreshing my inbox every 2 minutes. what a mess of a follow up they have done yet again!!!! so yet another call to them I HAVE TO MAKE because the can not fulfill the promise they make

Edited by jay david
forgot to add details

just received the detail report with labour and costs etc. very detailed apart from missing that 2 airbags deployed that would need to be replaced and interior ceiling kit required to replace after deployment. thought these would be included due to nature of cost to replace if new is very high

so now another call to 3rd party who have advised they now need to send an engineer to my home to do estimate as without this the claim value will be less the costs of new airbags and kits and ceiling etc etc. so we still have not got this issue resolved even after all this today and hastings pretty much assuring me would all be correct. the highest cost of repair is actually missing from their report how can they miss that??? this is yet another day wasted today and now i have to have an engineer call to do another assessment because hastings is incorrect. its just error on top of previous errors. at least i have a log of this all for my complaint now and they just keep adding more to it by the incompetence. the salvage yard as a joke when i called to arrange the car to be returned tomo as a joke told me it was scrapped. thank god i can not take any issue with them and see the funny side of that as if it happened yesterday i think i would have had a breakdown

still no response to my email back asking why the airbags etc were not included in the report. however the court car company have called and are calling at 8.30am to take the car back which now means i will walk to work and be late. wouldnt mind if i had more notice than being told at midday today about them wanting car back and this was because albany disagreed to extend the cover because of delays (hastings delays). it seems when you get a reply from hastings on this forum its a generic reply and indeed you still end up in the same position or in my case starting again from scratch. to make it worse the hire car company just called to advise will be picking the car up thursday morning as staff levels cant manage this tomorrow. i understand it is totally not their fault however i have a car outside my house that i have to keep there on the street whilst i walk to work. again because of hastings. i am sure this is a candid camera situation im dealing with.

do hastings actually 1 care and 2 react in a proper manner to this forum not just monitor it.

this thread is now being shared on my facebook and twitter pages as i believe the more people it reaches the more people will be able to make an informed decision on insuring with this company. in that all i can add at this stage is do so at your own risk because it certainly wont be at theirs. other readers feel free to post on your own facebook and twitter pages to share this thread i urge you please to do so. big companies cannot continue to treat their customers like this and think a voice has no power