Complicated problem with distance selling and more

xoanon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3732 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, this is a bit confusing but here goes.

In June 2012

I ordered an electric trike,

that is a normal Viking cargo trike with motor etc fitted.

At the time it was made clear I had disabilities, including back trouble and more,

and that the trike would be used for me to shop so it needed to be able to carry at least some cargo (hence trike not bike).

It was finally delivered in October 12

but still required some actual building/putting together.

I also found that certain requested modifications weren't done,

namely the fitting of a pannier and installation of the electrics into it so they could be locked away.

I contacted the retailer over this but then became too I'll to deal with much for a long while.

Note that I also have social anxiety so I don't have people I can get to help with this kind of thing, I don't have friends/family who could help.

Just before Christmas 13 I was finally able to get the trike put together and took it out. That's when I discovered the following...

The basket falls apart at the slightest knock

One of the two provided batteries has a different connector

I can't walk after riding due to my back being severely jarred as there is no form of suspension.

Yes, I realise its been over a year but I couldn't act until I became aware of the problems.

The company concerned have offered to fit a suspension post,

but want to charge me £125 to send the bike back to them to do so,

they also offer to fit it free but it will cost £180 for the post from them.

The link they sent of the particular post was to Amazon, the post costs between £110 and £160 depending on the size.

No mention by them of the work they didn't do, apologies for it or offers to move that.

Where do I go from here?

don't forget SOGA too here.

also how did you pay for it?

by credit card p'haps?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Part paid debit card and part credit agreement

I'm told there's also supply of goods and services act as well.

I just am not sure because of the time thing..

Does the fact I couldn't put the thing together or test it for so long mean it hadn't been accepted?

Do I need the independent report?

Where exactly do I stand because I don't know what best approach to take, what regulations apply, what I can ask for and I'm getting stressed already. The last thing I need is to get so stressed I can't deal with it again for another six months.

Part paid debit card and part credit agreement

I'm told there's also supply of goods and services act as well. - yes plays a part

I just am not sure because of the time thing..

Does the fact I couldn't put the thing together or test it for so long mean it hadn't been accepted? - yes make no odds - you have a claim

Do I need the independent report? - no I don't think you do, they've not complied with your contract

Where exactly do I stand because I don't know what best approach to take,

what regulations apply,

what I can ask for and

I'm getting stressed already.

The last thing I need is to get so stressed

I can't deal with it again for another six months.

in this instance it might be better to get CAB or trading standards etc involved

who will deal with this for you?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I am about to go to trading standards. I'm not sure what will happen as so far the person I've been dealing with hasn't been exactly helpful.

The problem seems to be that while I specified my disabilities and they told me this was the right build etc They are treating this as a repair/service and so think I should be paying, as well as ignoring all the other attendant problems. In fact the most recent mail from them states they are 'unaware of other problems", although they've had photographs, telephone discussion and emails about it - including to the person unaware of the issues.

I've just been informed that suspension is rare, and was at the time, but I didn't get offered it in any form (alterations, additions or an existing model that had it). I was just told this is what I needed so assumed they knew what they were talking about (mea culpa...). I've ridden the thing twice and both times its taken me days to walk afterwards (I thought the first time may have been distance related, it wasn't)

Who can deal with it for me? No idea, open to suggestions of people other than CAB or Trading Standards.