WDA totally ignoring me when trying to repay them..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3452 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 5 months later...

So I've moved 170 miles away, went home for the weekend to my parents house and there was a letter from MMF dated 15th September. They apologised for the delay (nearly 5 months?) and 'reduced' the balance by 25% by way of an apology. Also multiple times revoked their right to call at my address but their reply was 'your assumption is wrong on this as you agreed in your loan contract that the creditor can contact you and therefore we can call when we like and you're wrong that we have to make an appointment with you as we have the same rights as the Postman or someone asking directions to call at your doorstep'. I actually quoted the Sheppard case of 1959 to them but they disregard this and claim it doesn't apply to them.

So then, next steps?

your assumption is wrong on this as you agreed in your loan contract that the creditor can contact you and therefore we can call when we like and you're wrong that we have to make an appointment with you as we have the same rights as the Postman or someone asking directions to call at your doorstep
Standard MMF, they think they're "special" they do have those rights, the same as you have the right to tell them to p*ss off. If a debt collector can knock off 25% just like that I'd be wondering just how legit this alleged debt is.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• 1 month later...

I've had a couple of debts with WDA. I phoned them to discuss repayment both times and they were actually quite helpful. Accepted my offers both times with no requests for I&E, etc. Maybe phoning them is a better idea in this case ?

No. NEVER phone them. it MIGHT work for some people, but for the majority it doesnt. Keep everything in writing so you can get a paper trail and EVIDENCE of what you agree. When you call them on the phone, they will agree anything, then turn around and say they never recieved a call or the agreement was never reached.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D