• Tweets

• Thank you, @honeybee13 and @dx100uk, your help is much appreciated. Could you kindly confirm, @honeybee13, which of the information requested from the sticky thread I should provide given I am at witness statement stage? Sorry for any confusion, I am slightly overwhelmed. — Per @dx100ukI will also provide the defence I  filed and the court directions. — I have not received UKPC WS yet. Should I expect that through the post?  
    • it is not a fine, thread title updated and fine changed to charge in 1st post. also can you post up the defence you filed and the court directions have you received ukpc WS yet? if so scan all that up to. read upload carefully one mass pdf only. dx
    • Hello, welcome to CAG. Could you let us have the information we ask for in the forum sticky please? We need the information to start working on your case. Once we have that, I'll get you to answer a different set of questions. Best, HB
    • Hi there,  Long story short, I was working a year ago in a city centre and the site operator I was working with told me I could park in a private car park as they had an arrangement with the owner. I came back to a parking charge  from UK Parking Control, and the site operator subsequently couldn't get hold of the private car park owner and haven't been able to since. Fast forward to today, I have received multiple legal threats from DCB Legal acting for UK Parking Control I have now been issued with a court hearing along with a date. I have to file my witness statement for a court hearing later this summer.  I realise that I could have handled the situation better and am already aware of that. I was wondering what my options are at this stage? I am very keen to avoid a CCJ as it would obviously be disastrous for my credit score. Any advice appreciated. My current plan is to file a witness statement and hope the case is discontinued. Thank you for any advice in advance.
    • I run a small retail business selling cards & gifts ( all my sales are done on a face - face basis  ) & noticed one of the settlement amounts on the card terminal bank deposits was short so contacted the card company which said a customer has requested a chargeback on a sale the reason saying the goods bought was not fit for the purpose purchased for. I have old fashion till which does not show any sales or descriptions of what is bought, plus when the settlement statements match up i shred the sale receipts. The card company told me the transaction was paid for with the customers phone & shows on my portal. They have asked me for sales prof, cctv, terminal receipt of the transaction which I have none, as this was done a few weeks later. I have asked for pictures to prove the items are not fit for the purpose purchased for plus said if the customer can return them i would give them a full refund but have had nothing back plus no pictures. Also I have had no communication with the customer even asking me for a full refund. They have now closed the case & awarded the customer the full refund. Any advice would much be appreciated   
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Carter/lowells court claim old catallogue debt

Buzzybeee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3731 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

" Can anyone help? If I do not get anything back from Lowell regarding the CCA ... And BCS have not sent anything through regarding the CPR request ... This claim can be struck out? "

Only if a DJ decides to

so you may wish to give the Consent some consideration.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they can not comply with a cca request and buzzy is adament that no agreement was signed would that not be a defence. I am of course aware that fighting a claim might not be everyone's idea of fun and the bigger picture needs looking at as well.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

If they can not comply with a cca request and buzzy is adament that no agreement was signed would that not be a defence. I am of course aware that fighting a claim might not be everyone's idea of fun and the bigger picture needs looking at as well.

Cant be struck out for those reasons by the defendant....If the DJ requests disclosure of the agreement they must disclose if they do not he will strike it out.A defence as already been submitted that puts the claimant to strict proof.

Have we not already had this conversation once this week fletch? or is this de ja vue?

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Andy you misunderstand or didn't fully read what i said.

You suggested giving the consent some consideration.

I was suggesting that there is a good defence that can be used in court.

I thought you were suggesting to roll over and all i was saying is that not everyone has the fight in them to go all the way and that there is no shame in that.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Agreed fletch but that's a decision for Buzzy...... but I take your point.

Andy

Totally agree. Do what is best for you.

Thanks guys, well I think I will have to strongly think about the constant as time is running out and there's not enough time for the 7 days for the CCA from Lowell's.?!

I don't really see another way... I need to keep this off my CR.

I do feel I'm backed into a corner :-(

No rush to accept the Consent at this stage...retain for later in the process he has offered it now up to you when/if you wish to use.

Ignore that he cant impose time restrictions...that's to force you so he doesn't have to respond to your Defence and submit a DQ with fee...all costs time a further expense and reduces the debts profitability...don't forget they probably bought the debt for 3p in the £1.

Andy

Having said that, although you don't have to respond within time it is essentially a 'voluntary' offer and can be withdrawn so just be aware that if you try to accept the offer further down the line there's nothing to stop the creditor saying ' sorry, too late, offer withdrawn'.

But then you can propose one.....

Ignore that he cant impose time restrictions...that's to force you so he doesn't have to respond to your Defence and submit a DQ with fee...all costs time a further expense and reduces the debts profitability...don't forget they probably bought the debt for 3p in the

Andy

Rightio! Thanks :-) I'll carry on with the CCA request then ... Well wait for the response!

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
Absolutely, it's a negotiation but I just wanted the OP to be clear that it's entirely a voluntary process so if they arbitrarily decide to withdraw an offer or refuse one then there's nothing that can really be done.

Now i'm worried .... have sent CCA request to Lowell over 12 days ago now ... no response , didnt reply to the consent form , and now have received a questionnaire from the court?!

Why are you worried BB .....you didn't actually think they would respond to your CCA request did you?

Directions Questionnaire is simply the next part of the proceedings.

Regards

Andy

Why are you worried BB .....you didn't actually think they would respond to your CCA request did you?

Directions Questionnaire is simply the next part of the proceedings.

Regards

Andy

Hi there Andy, Not worried about the CCA request , worried about the consent form now... if I have made the right decision.

I have until the 3/2 to send the questionnaire back .... it says that the claimant will have to pay a fee also, should I hold tight till the last minute to see if BC sends it back first?

Also do I need to tell the Court that I have requested the CPR from BC and CCA from Lowells and no response ? or is that further down the line?

many thanks

Hi there Andy, Not worried about the CCA request , worried about the consent form now... if I have made the right decision.

I have until the 3/2 to send the questionnaire back .... it says that the claimant will have to pay a fee also, should I hold tight till the last minute to see if BC sends it back first? :thumb:

Also do I need to tell the Court that I have requested the CPR from BC and CCA from Lowells and no response ? or is that further down the line? Further into the process

many thanks

Regards

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
Regards

Andy

Morning! So I got a letter this morning to say that he has sent back the questionnaire ... And has tucked yes to meditation ... And he is looking forward to me contacting him for negotiations ....

I am ready to send mine back and not signed the yes to med due to the fact that I have no CCA and no CPR ?

Is that right?

Many thanks

You must still agree to mediation...CCA/CPRs are nothing to do with the process of the claim.

Regards

Andy

• 3 weeks later...
You must still agree to mediation...CCA/CPRs are nothing to do with the process of the claim.

Regards

Andy

Right have now got a phone call I need to ring back, any tips on how to conduct it?

No NOA from. BC or CCA from Lowell's ..... So do I just carry on to allow a judge to decide? Is it enough evidence? Or lack of it so to speak?

Just clarify why you dispute the debt and what you require to settle/agree.

Andy

Just clarify why you dispute the debt and what you require to settle/agree.

Andy

I dispute the amount due to charges and PPI on a account I did have.

Would I be better to agree a payment plan!? Then chase the catalogue company for the charges and PPI?