Advice on esa appeal

Ali71
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3855 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I started claiming esa sept 12.had atos cross examination April 13 failed with 0 points,I appealed this and kept sending fit notes.i ended my claim in oct and returned to work.i was told when I ended my claim that the appeal would be stopped.i have just recieved a letter saying my appeal date is 23rd dec.can I still appeal if I'm not currently claiming esa.

Thanks

Me again. :)

I stand to be corrected, but I would have thought you could attend the tribunal regardless of what you're claiming now, because you're talking about what you thought you were entitled to at the time.

Here's a link to the forum stikky on appeals and tribunals which might help you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?251737-Appealing-or-going-to-a-Tribunal-Some-useful-information

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

:Ali71:

In this instance, the contact centre didn't realise that Jobcentreplus can't cancel an appeal. (Technically known as strike out) cancellation of an appeal is under the jurisdiction of the first tier tribunal.

Yes, your tribunal hearing will go ahead as scheduled. As :honeybee13: says, it's about your capability for work last April, regardless of whether you're still in receipt of benefit now. However, you'll need to be very clear about your limitations before whatever treatment you've had, cos the difference between then and now is an obvious question. Unless you've found a way to return to work (reasonable adjustments, shorter hours) without an improvement in your condition.

If your appeal's upheld, you'll be due arrears from the date of disallowance to when you returned to work.

Best wishes, Margaret. :panda:

Edited by **Margaret**