• Tweets

• OK.  It was worth a try. Their case is still pants and they have broken their own Code of Practice numerous times.
    • @BankFodder sorry for the delay and thank you for the lengthy reply. Yes, I agree. It's a small business and the guy is very very decent. I know someone else said my priority shouldn't be worrying whether he gets shafted but I'm not here to try and screw him over because I feel like if someone behaves decently and gets exploited, they might not behave so kindly in the future. I know DX mentioned he thinks I've caused the issue by leaving multiple instructions, but I have already explained why and both instructions were to leave it with a neighbour and there was nothing advising the driver to abandon the parcel on my doorstep. I don't think leaving it there could be considered a safe place.  I am still waiting on the retailer to respond. Ultimately, I wanted to know how he would proceed if DPD's response isn't favourable. I am certainly not looking to cause any problems. I just want my laptop. I will read the other posts for sure. I've been a bit preoccupied with family stuff. I have nothing in writing from DPD as I phoned them, but they did advise it should be the retailer that liaises with them. I tried contacting the driver straight after deliver via Whatsapp, as that's an option, but it said I couldn't send him a message and I have kept that log. We all know who took the parcel on our street, because that person has a history of parcel theft, but I don't have a doorbell camera or cctv. Police are refusing to intervene, despite the fact that I, along with several other people, spotted another's neighbour's parcel in said "suspect's" car and confronted her to get the parcel back. If the police had acted sooner, I might have had a better chance of getting the parcel back, but I suspect the laptop has long been sold on.  When the retailer responds, I will send him the link to this thread. Hopefully, he will benefit from the information on here as well.
    • @dx100uk none of the instructions advised them to leave the parcel on my door step and without such instructions., I'm struggling to see why they think it's ok to just dump it there.
    • I have checked. No recording was triggered by the camera - I don't have loop recording, only proximity and vibration sensor triggered recording - abs and since he took photos from afar and did not physically touch my car - no recording was done. 
    • He also useing he girlfriend to phone and mesage people as well
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Banks, CRA and DPA!!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here a statement issued (in wirting) from my bank which poses a few questions to which Im throwing open to the floor.

We Lawfully disclosed the default data to them (CRA) and they are processing it in accordance with our agreemnt with them. They are data controllers in their own right and you would be advised to continue your Discusions with them seperatly.

Ok....

1. So CRA are processing my info due to the contract the have with my bank?

Where is my contract with the CRA, now correct me if Im wrong, that although I mite have signed up for the bank to disclose my info, I did not once give the CRA permission to publically display this information.

I have no contract with the CRA.

2. If the CRA are Data Controllers in their own right, then they must be bound by the DPA.

Again, I ask, where did I enter a contract with CRA, for them to process my info!!

I was not made aware when I signed up with my bank that I would be entering any other contract by proxy!

I could go onto the various clauses in the DPA act that the CRA would be breaching but I think you all know where Im going with this.

3. So if the bank DC advises me to pursue the CRA directly, it is because the bank have passed my info "lawfully" and I hyphen this due to the fact I dont beleive they have, and therefore are not going to budge, but are aware that the CRA have no grounds to display!

Just a though.

Comments peeps?

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

I received a letter covering basically same thing.

I informed the bank of the meaning of processing according to the dpa

-----------------------------------------------

Mortgage Express charges- settled in full after issuing claim

------------------------------------------------

To view the FAQ'S click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

To view the PRELIM letter click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

To view the Letter Before Action click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

To find Registered Address:

http://www.esd.informationcommissioner.gov.uk/esd/search.asp

If my advise helps click here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/reputation.php?p=366404

Weill Ive written to the CRA for what its worth with drawing my permission

Allyxia

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

• 3 weeks later...

Had letter back off Experian saying they dont need my permission (half expected Nah Nah Nah Na!! In there), and bunch of other stuff which to be honest sounds very dubious. It apprx 6 pages long, and basically,

It starts off by telling me that they have been to the Information Commissioners Office and they state "they can hold my info" for six years." I havent got a problem with them holding it, I asked them not to show all and sundry thats what I have asked them!!

It says, as long as they take reasonable steps to ensure the information they hold is accurate, they can display it!

In other words, me as a little ****** person, or Natwets - the big almighty company that pays them (in my case), let see....experian dont care that I am taking NatWest to court regarding this default they are choosing to beleive their word over mine!!!

It goes on to say that lenders have to supply accurate information - yes like they have to act lawfully when applying charges you mean?

It states that they have a responsibility to ensure lenders make informed lending choices. Wow and theres me thinking they are impartical!!!

And they cannot remove my data because I "claim" it is inaccurate!! However they are choosing to display my data because the banks claim its accurate!! Anyone see the problem here!!!

They will only remove it following advice from the data provider, court order or other regulatory body!!!!

However we need none of these to put it there in the first place!!!

They go on to say in applying for credit consent to CRA cannot be freely given (or Im assuming as they are implying in my case "freely taken away"), as if you do not give your permission for consent then you will not get credit.

Important It goes on to say that the info is held for the duration of the contract AND then for a further six years beyond!!!

They have also claimed that as a private body - the HUMAN RIGHTS ACT, does not affect them or the work they do!!! Hmmmmmmm?

And too end this nonsence they state against my arguement of breaching of the Section 10 Data Protection Act Notice, is a criminal offence, they state that not to do disclose my information when requested to over rides any non-disclosure provisions!!!

Ok surely it can be one or the other, it is eaither criminal to carry on disclosing my information or its criminal not to disclose my information. And if what they are stating is true then why on earth would it even bother to state the "breaching the notice is a criminal offence" when it can be over ruled!!

So in a nut shell it doesnt matter what legislation I quote from which ever piece of law covering this -

THEY ARE GODS AND THEY HAVE ULTIMATE POWER OVER ALL LAWS AND IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES!!!

Unless anyone can point me in the direction of otherwise?

Allyxia

Hi Allyxia

I'm no expert but, as far as I can tell, the CRA's have no statutory duty to hold and process information. They are commercial, for profit corporations. However, the banks do have statutory rights and duties to hold and process our data (, the money laundering reg's etc).

The relationship between the CRA's and banks is a commercial one without any statutory underpinning, yet the data held must be in accordance with the DPA.

The banks' only possible argument for passing (non-public) data to a CRA is that you signed a contract with them which allowed them to do so. But the terms of the contract do not state that you give them the right to process your data indefinately. The six year rule (for information that is not public) has no basis in statute. This much has been admitted by a high up at Experian.

So, when we ask them to stop processing our data we are in effect asking them to break the law. What we should be asking is for them to stop sending our data to the CRA's. But, and this is a "big but" I think we can only do this were an agreement is no longer current, i.e., when it is settled. Because If the agreement is still in force then the clause whereby you gave your permission to process your data is still current too.

I hope that makes sense.

Rosie

Yes

My problem is that I have three claims with banks whereby the amount I have been defaulted for is around 300% less than the amount I am claiming against!!

What agrevies me is, the CRA will continue to show the default whilst I am claiming the information is in dispute.

In one case they contacted the bank in question who despite offering me full money settlement which has been rejected because no mention of default removal, the bank have told the CRA that the default is not in dispute. So despite sending teh CRA copies of my court papers they are in fact refusing to even put a notices of correction (a temporary one for me) on my file because despite the fact I can provide evidence for my notice the very "word" of the bank, claiming it is not in dispute stops me from putting it up!!!

Now that is disgusting!!!

On the other note, the main arguement from other posts is, but the very nature of being in deafult means "you - the consumer" have breached your terms and conditions and therefore have by such a breach have broken your contract with your orginal creditors, and in such light, have terminated any persmission to allow information to be passed to the CRA.

I have been dealing withthis in depth for many weeks now, and as such have bot posted every part of my correspondence up on this page.

However, I can confirm that despite, quoting all relevant legilsation to the DPA and HRA, both the Banks and the CRA claim they are above the law, or simply manipulate the terms of the ICO report to suit themselves.

What I have learnt is you get so far down the line with these, and in the end they stop tryingto answer your specific queries as they know that they can not, and they just enclosed a copy of the ICO report (incidentally I now have 5 of these), which clearly they have not fully understood themselves!!!!

Allyxia

Id love to but most of the 2ing and froing each letter is about 6 pages long. however, i have scanned most of them into my PC and if there anything I can send you via email let me know (do not post your email addy here thou), or if there anything specific I can cut and paste it here if that helps?

Or do you just want a brief chronology for each of my three complaints?

Allyxia

Yes

My problem is that I have three claims with banks whereby the amount I have been defaulted for is around 300% less than the amount I am claiming against!!

What agrevies me is, the CRA will continue to show the default whilst I am claiming the information is in dispute.

In one case they contacted the bank in question who despite offering me full money settlement which has been rejected because no mention of default removal, the bank have told the CRA that the default is not in dispute. So despite sending teh CRA copies of my court papers they are in fact refusing to even put a notices of correction (a temporary one for me) on my file because despite the fact I can provide evidence for my notice the very "word" of the bank, claiming it is not in dispute stops me from putting it up!!!

On the other note, the main arguement from other posts is, but the very nature of being in deafult means "you - the consumer" have breached your terms and conditions and therefore have by such a breach have broken your contract with your orginal creditors, and in such light, have terminated any persmission to allow information to be passed to the CRA.

I have been dealing withthis in depth for many weeks now, and as such have bot posted every part of my correspondence up on this page.

However, I can confirm that despite, quoting all relevant legilsation to the Data Protection Act and HRA, both the Banks and the CRA claim they are above the law, or simply manipulate the terms of the Information Commissioners Office report to suit themselves.

What I have learnt is you get so far down the line with these, and in the end they stop tryingto answer your specific queries as they know that they can not, and they just enclosed a copy of the Information Commissioners Office report (incidentally I now have 5 of these), which clearly they have not fully understood themselves!!!!

Just to clarify - a Default Notice does not necessarily mean the end of an agreement.

From what I understand , it should be used by the creditor to tell the debtor what steps they must take in order to rectify a breach, and should detail the consequences if the notice is not complied with.

The consequences could be cancellation of the agreement, or any other course of action they decide to take.

Hope that helps :)

Under that OFT report a few things that pop up

None are direct quotes but snippets to save times

Sect 97 (1)

If follwoing a written reuqest from teh debtor the credit fails to explain how that debt arose, if the defauts remains for more than a month then the creditor comits a criminal offence!!

So the fact that all my default have arose from charges, to which I have repeatedly ask for how they arose to subject my account to such penatlties and they have not once provided me with a breakdown....

You see where Im going?

Allyxia

Tinks - also in some cases the fact that account have been sold onto DCA? that also has been cited on here as a termination of an agrement with orginal lender?

I await your responce!!

Allyxia

Tinks - also in some cases the fact that account have been sold onto DCA? that also has been cited on here as a termination of an agrement with orginal lender?

I await your responce!!

Well I guess people are assuming that is the case, and it's a risky assumption to make, especially seeing as so many Companies have their own inhouse DCA - so in effect haven't really "sold" it on. I know a few folk has actually phoned up and found out who owns what, so they know who to pursue :)

Please stop quoting the Human Rights Act at private companies. It doesn't apply to them as it only applies to public bodies, see s. 6 HRA 1998.

Has anybody actually gone to court and obtained an order to have their data removed from a CRA?

POCA - yes but as Im not an expert in this field one can only learn by mistakes and as they are my mistakes I fully prepared to except the consequences of them!!!

Tinks back to the point as you are aware, neither of those, queries have been used in either of my cases to get the removal of the Default, it just getting confusing as Im trying to obtain as much info as posible and am getting different info from different people.

Which maybe even more misleading for other people who, may want to use those as basis for terminating an agreement and as such withdrawing permission!!!!

I supose well see what happens as a result of the next letter drafing!!!!

Allyxia

Aye that we do hun that we do!!!!

Did you see my bit above re the OFT report you posted on Rosies post?

Have I got the wrong end of the stick here regarding that?

Allyxia

Under that OFT report a few things that pop up

None are direct quotes but snippets to save times

Sect 97 (1)

If follwoing a written reuqest from teh debtor the credit fails to explain how that debt arose, if the defauts remains for more than a month then the creditor comits a criminal offence!!

So the fact that all my default have arose from charges, to which I have repeatedly ask for how they arose to subject my account to such penatlties and they have not once provided me with a breakdown....

You see where Im going?

Yes I see where you are going :D

More fuel to add to the fire :D

Thats ok then!!!

Been doing a bit of reading you see today, I'll carry on tomoro and cobble somethign more coherant together by the end of the week!!!

If you got anymore Legs you want me to look at stick the links here and I'll get unpicking them tomoro!!!

Im sure there was somethign else I needed to look at on another post - gettign late now head hurts - only popped on to log off and see where this has got me!!!

Allyxia

Yes

However, I can confirm that despite, quoting all relevant legilsation to the Data Protection Act and HRA, both the Banks and the CRA claim they are above the law, or simply manipulate the terms of the Information Commissioners Office report to suit themselves.

What I have learnt is you get so far down the line with these, and in the end they stop tryingto answer your specific queries as they know that they can not, and they just enclosed a copy of the Information Commissioners Office report (incidentally I now have 5 of these), which clearly they have not fully understood themselves!!!!

after reading all the threads on this subject i can only find one answer and that is it is a criminal offence to give false or mis leading information.and the banks rely on this peice of data being entered in all their pre contract data ,so being fobbed of with all the excuses sounds like they are giving false and mis leading information in order to escape from the true facts that you have been libeled in writing by passing false and mis leading information (this is just a thought (but hope that it sets up another avenue whith which you can force them into compliance with the rule of law,bringing into question their ability to trade lawfully attacking their consumer credit licence)i may be on the wrong track but hope this might help as it is you got my head spinning 360 degrees phew good luck

I pointed out to the CRA directly about liable - and their respond was that as long as we have taken steps to ensure its truthfullness from the suppliers we can process the info.

It basically a fob off, if you then go back tothe Banks they just deny its in dispute and so around and around and around you go. Im very dizzy with it all now!!

Allyxia

I pointed out to the CRA directly about liable - and their respond was that as long as we have taken steps to ensure its truthfullness from the suppliers we can process the info.

It basically a fob off, if you then go back tothe Banks they just deny its in dispute and so around and around and around you go. Im very dizzy with it all now!!

i would issue an LBA and carry it through against both parties making them both liable to the same action its the only way to settle the dispute and proving their is a dispute i do not think the banks would like to go their it would also bring into question their ability to trade lawfully and their credit licence because they have knowingly given mis leading or false information

Hi, Allyxia

First, on the Human Rights Act. No-one is exempt - the 'public authorities' section is there to confirm that public authorities are NOT exempt, except where the Act specifically says they are.

(Hope you're still with me, here!)

The Human Rights Act incorporated into UK Law the European Convention on Human Rights (which was initially written by the UK but that's by the by). Anyway, this is in it:

ARTICLE 6 RIGHT TO A FAIR TRIAL 1. In the determination of his civil rights and obligations or of any criminal charge against him, everyone is entitled to a fair and public hearing within a reasonable time by an independent and impartial tribunal established by law.

First, the banks' delaying tactics could, possibly, be in breach of the 'reasonable time' or an attempt to make the Courts be in breach but that could cost a lot of time and money to prove!

Second, I believe - though I am not a lawyer - there are provisions in other legislation concerning matters which are 'sub judice', which means, under judgement, subject to legal action. If the bank registered the default AFTER you had submitted your claim then they may be on a sticky wicket - behaving in a prejudicial manner.

I certainly agree with qprouk. If they'd registered the default AFTER you'd made your claim, and quite possibly before, when they were on notice that you were going to, then registering 'false or misleading information' could be perceived to be seriously prejudicial. I don't think the Courts would like it. The CRA, having been told the matter is the subject of legal action, should be careful of being perceived as an involved party in a conspiracy to promote false and misleading information. Libel may be a civil matter but conspiracy is potentially criminal. Threaten them both with a complaint to the Data Protection Registrar and the FSA, for consumer finance, as neither is behaving like a 'fit and proper person' to hold a license.

But don't take this as gospel - I'm not a lawyer.

Best, Westy (I should be in the hotel business)

(Best Western, geddit? oh, never mind)

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

Ha HA Westy - no I dont get it but hey my head hurts and my fingers are killing me as Ive been typing letters non stop this week regarding this matter.

Full stories

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/35643-ok-what-now.html

and

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/woolwich/44485-allyxia-wooly-monster.html

Both are in the process of legal action which includes removal of deafult so as far as legal action is concerned I have to let that take its own course of action!!!

However in the meantime yes i have been go after to CRA esp experian!!

The lastest on this is both banks have been sent a letter informing them that I am going to the ICO and FSO. Letters to the FSO and ICO have been drafted and I am awaiting feedback on them.

Had waffly crap back off expeian two days ago and am in the middle of drafting a reply back to them, their biggests clutch was the HRA didnt apply to them and many others have confirmd this is the case which quite frankly I find unbelievable wow!!!

So If you want to see any of my letters or the rubbish they have sent me let me know as for the one to experian I prob wont finish that til monday so Ill be open to any more info or ammo in the meantime.

thanks guys!!

Allyxia

• 3 weeks later...

What the cra says is not strictly true. If their client supplies them with

inaccurate data, initially the CRA will not be looked upon as having processed that data inaccurately. The information itself may be wrong, but they

recorded it correctly. And in fact, there is a subsection in the DPA that

covers them in such an eventuality. But only up to the point at when the

error is brought to their attention. After that, I believe they are as guilty of

libel as their client if they do not remove the disputed data until it can be

resolved.

Tell me how you think your human rights are being breached as I believe

that their is a case to see CRAs being subject to the HRA-even though they

are not a public authority.

Hi, Alyx

Updated on the Human Rights Act from a barrister pal. (He started talking about it three days ago and has just about finished, now) Getting the CRA

under a Human Rights Act action MAY be possible, as it could be argued that, in some circumstances, it is acting with powers that could be...etc

It would take too long to establish their liability under that particular Act. It is aimed at public authorities and (increasingly, with case law) at bodies acting in a public capacity. I'm told.

Just do them for DPA non-compliance and financial defamation, now ye're so flush!

Westy

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!