• Tweets

• Thanks for that. I will give them till Tuesday. Thanks for your help, very much appreciated. 
    • Ok thanks for that, well spotted and all duly noted. Yes they did eventually submit those docs to me after a second letter advising them I was contacting the ICO to make a formal complaint for failing to comply with an earlier SAR that they brushed off as an "administrative error" or something. When I sent the letter telling them I was in contact with the information commissioner to lodge the complaint, the original PCN etc quickly followed along with their excuse!
    • its not about the migrants .. Barrister Helena Kennedy warns that the Conservatives will use their victory over Rwanda to dismantle the law that protects our human rights here in the UK.   Angela Rayner made fun of Rishi Sunak’s height in a fiery exchange at Prime Minister’s Questions, which prompted Joe Murphy to ask: just how low will Labour go? .. well .. not as low as sunak 
    • From #38 where you wrote the following, all in the 3rd person so we don't know which party is you. When you sy it was your family home, was that before or after? " A FH split to create 2 Leasehold adjoining houses (terrace) FH remains under original ownership and 1 Leasehold house sold on 100y+ lease. . Freeholder resides in the other Leasehold house. The property was originally resided in as one house by Freeholder"
    • The property was our family home.  A fixed low rate btl/ development loan was given (last century!). It was derelict. Did it up/ was rented out for a while.  Then moved in/out over the years (mostly around school)  It was a mix of rental and family home. The ad-hoc rents covered the loan amply.  Nowadays  banks don't allow such a mix.  (I have written this before.) Problems started when the lease was extended and needed to re-mortgage to cover the expense.  Wanted another btl.  Got a tenant in situ. Was located elsewhere (work). A broker found a btl lender, they reneged.  Broker didn't find another btl loan.  The tenant was paying enough to cover the proposed annual btl mortgage in 4 months. The broker gave up trying to find another.  I ended up on a bridge and this disastrous path.  (I have raised previous issues about the broker) Not sure what you mean by 'split'.  The property was always leasehold with a separate freeholder  The freeholder eventually sold the fh to another entity by private agreement (the trust) but it's always been separate.  That's quite normal.  One can't merge titles - unless lease runs out/ is forfeited and new one is not created/ granted. The bridge lender had a special condition in loan offer - their own lawyer had to check title first.  Check that lease wasn't onerous and there was nothing that would affect good saleability.  The lawyer (that got sacked for dishonesty) signed off the loan on the basis the lease and title was good and clean.  The same law firm then tried to complain the lease clauses were onerous and the lease too short, even though the loan was to cover a 90y lease extension!! 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Ok what now * * WON * *

Allyxia
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6350 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im betting its not going to be that easy.

Natwest had til 2day to respond to my claim, but Ive heard nothing. What do I have to do next?

Anything? Sit back and count my money?

Ive read loads on defences being submitted and Nobbits getting shifty and Alocation questionaires. But Ive heard nothing apart from a confirmation letter from the court ages ago.

Hey maybe they've lost my claim ha ha!!

But where do I need to go from here, on the step by step it says submit a judgement?

Any more info on that?

Cant wait to get my cash back as I need the default taken off my CRFile and I want the money to fund my other claims which Im holding back with. (oh yes I 4got so I can donate as well)

Thanks guys, in adavnce

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi There

I think that on the moneyclaim form you can ask for judgement to be entered against them because they have not entered their defence. But from reading around it seems like they just enter it late anyway and get away with it....

But have a look on your Moneyclaim form and click on the Start that is underlined and there it gives you your options.

Think this is right anyway!

Mandy

i dint do mcol, i did it the old fashioned way. so do i need to go back to the court? or can i file judgement online?

wat exactly is a judgement anyway?

Allyxia

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

did you get any paper work from the court stating a claim number, if so there should be a part on it to file judgement, fill it in and take it into court, judgement means that you have won by default, or should I say it should mean that, but with the courts and cobbetts it doesent work that way, cobbetts filed their defence 8 days late in my case, and the court allowed it, so get it in as soon as you can

CHRIS WATKINS

Ok thanks. Yes I can see it now its on the bottom of the form. So if they had to reply by today can I submit the form today? (yes I am that mean)

Will that put a stop to them submitting a defence?

How can the courts allow them to do this - surely thats is why these proceedures are in place and set with timescales.

Would we as people (in the sense not big Plc or Ltd) by allowed to get away with submitting things late - I bet not!

Allyxia

Yes i know the feeling, not your problem they are late. They pay up in the end anyway i suppose. Yes you can file it now. Give it a go. Good Luck.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

What if I file my judgement then they submit theyre defence late? Will it be allowed or will I have won by default?

They havent even acknowledged yet (ive not heard from Nat wets or Nobbits), or could they have acknoweldged just to the court?

Must get this right as Im going to the court 1st thing in the morning!!

Allyxia

Hi I would say hang fire for another day. Icould have filed my judgment on Tues 03/10/06 but something told me to wait and lo and behold the papers from Cobbetts arrived today and defence was listed as of 30/09/06

Im not that clued up to be honest on what exactly a judgement is. Surely it can be a good thing though not to give them the extra time and register the judgement if they have not responded on time?

Yes/no?

Surely it forces them to cough up sooner than wait another 28 days for them to just mess you around

Allyxia

• 4 weeks later...

DH has just gone up PO with boglins to sort it out for RD as per discussions!

I know your claimis slighty different to mine, but apprx how long before I get a reply?

Have you picked that up anywhere on here?

Allyxia

DH has just gone up PO with boglins to sort it out for RD as per discussions!

I know your claimis slighty different to mine, but apprx how long before I get a reply?

Have you picked that up anywhere on here?

They always seem to have a 2 week turna around for correspondance. Sometimes less depending on how standard their reply is and whether they have to think or not!

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Ah well. I have been advised to post my letter on here as well.

So will type an edited version (edited out the B******t not the facts) when I get a mo!!

Allyxia

OK. Why is nothing with this claim straight forward.

First off on receipt of my AQ I realised my case had been transferred (without me knowing) to manchester, some 500miles round trip.

I have been calling both courts every day all week to try to sort this out, as AQ has to be posted by tomorow at lastest (date due 6 nov).

Was advised by Manchester not to post AQ until a further directional hearing has been heard. I have called time and time again, but each time, I get told my file is still with the judge and somebody will contact me to let me know what is happening!!!

Ok no answer as of 530 today.

Im am going away tomoro at noon, so have decided to take a plunge and complete the AQ anyway.

problem 1 - its N150

problem 2 - it has pages missing.

I do not understand what it means (dispite reading the template about applications), I do not understand what it means "applications".

I think it has all been left to late for me, due to both courts complete mis mangement.

Does anybody know if I can have any redress because of this if my claim gets struck out on Monday?

Allyxia

Is the AQ due Monday?

There are templates in the library to fill it in and also a link to downaload and fill in and print online - you can then fax to whichever court claims to have your file - post cheque if they agree or drop it into court before you go away.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Gizz - they transferred my case (without my knowledge) to manchester. With thebest willintheworld I cant get up there to drop the cheque in.

I have done the AQ now, and am gona fon them today. I willpost the AQ first class recorded delivery and if they claim it was late ,I wil respectfully reminind the court that the defences defence was 3 days late, justout of pure bloody mindedness, whereas my AQ is late befcause the courts dont have a clue whatthey are doing!!!!

Obviously Im not going to say this!!

Anyway I ll do what I have to do this end and talk to them again on monday, if they not received it i will post on here for furthr advice!

Allyxia

Just want to check this is normal way of things!

I received a copy of Cobbetts AQ today in the post? Is that normal?

Additionally, it got me thinking - should I have sent them a copy of mine?

I mean the very fact that the courts have no idead where my paperwork is, or the fact that they do not know what on earth to do with it, I think the Aq is the least of my problems!!

Bet they will still cash my cheque though!!!

Oh well have decided to start my other court cases today rather than wait for a settlement from these, will have to start to new threads, wonder how Nationwide and Wooley are settling there claims?

A responce to my pre ramblings would be much appreciated?

Allyxia

Just want to check this is normal way of things!

I received a copy of Cobbetts AQ today in the post? Is that normal?

Additionally, it got me thinking - should I have sent them a copy of mine?

I mean the very fact that the courts have no idead where my paperwork is, or the fact that they do not know what on earth to do with it, I think the Aq is the least of my problems!!

Bet they will still cash my cheque though!!!

Oh well have decided to start my other court cases today rather than wait for a settlement from these, will have to start to new threads, wonder how Nationwide and Wooley are settling there claims?

A responce to my pre ramblings would be much appreciated?

Yes as a matter of courtesy you should send the other party copy of AQ - but no big problem if you haven't.

Ah balls to them, in which part of this claim have they been showing any courtesy to me with their threatening letters and B**Ls**T.

As I know its not going to get to court, i cant see how a judge can make it go against me!!!

What can I expect to happen next gizz?

Allyxia

Nah already had that!!!

Actaully I had apprx 75-80% of my claim, it was rejected on the basis of no removal of the default, the fact I incurred £230 worth of costs, beside all the muckign about they've done - they can cough up the interest now.

My orginal claim before costs etc etc was £1490, they offered £1100, may have considered it before I had filed with the court! but now no chance!

So what do you think will happen next - from both the court end and cobberts!!!

Did I answer your post yesturday bTW? (or am i dreaming about this site again)

Allyxia

Nah already had that!!!

Actaully I had apprx 75-80% of my claim, it was rejected on the basis of no removal of the default, the fact I incurred £230 worth of costs, beside all the muckign about they've done - they can cough up the interest now.

My orginal claim before costs etc etc was £1490, they offered £1100, may have considered it before I had filed with the court! but now no chance!

So what do you think will happen next - from both the court end and cobberts!!!

Did I answer your post yesturday bTW? (or am i dreaming about this site again)

Which one?

I expect they will stick on the default then and offer F&F £ amount in week or so - they offered me yesterday all charges and interest including s69 int but excluding the loan part of the interest and s69 int on that - cheques wil lbe here by weekend - but I want the whole lot so lets see what they say.

Gizz just noticed this on mine - it implies I havent done something correctly?

I have re read it and as someone who spends most of their time writing up thesis,court reports, mental health reports and publishing research i can honestly say I have never come across a such a pile of mumbo jumbo in mylife.

it appears to be a case of why use 4 words when 60 will do......anyway have a read and let me know if its their usual scare tactics (someone should tell these muppets halloween was last week!!!)

I got this -

The claimant has not shown that she has reasonable grounds for bringing this claim and despite the defendant requesting that the Claimant remedy the lack of particulary pleaded in the Particulars of claim, the claimant has failed to do so. Inlight of this the defendant may amend its defence or apply to strike out.

Im assuming (in the poor english depsite holding an degree in law) what they are saying is I should have by now sent them the evidence of why i think their charges are unlawful, when the whole basis of my claim, request they they indeed prove to me that their charges are lawful?

Dont know what you are going to do about yours, but if it was me and the amount you are claiming I would bank the cheque and then write tothem saying ta for the dosh but Im going to proceed for my interest.

Im sure as S**t someone esle has claimed this back on here!! and won!!

Allyxia

Hi Al,

I got the same mumbo jumbo from them in this claim http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/41199-nat-west-2nd-claim.html which is my 2nd.

I will have to see what the conditions of cashing the cheque are as I want that interest - if I hadn't been charged I wouldn't have had to pay it - and if they don't cough it up then it means they are profiting from the charges - still let them expalin it to a judge! I like going to court!