National Careers Service Interview - Advice Needed Urgently

scaredonjsa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3822 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

Have a problem that I could do with some urgent advice on.

At my last post work programme appointment I didn't see my usual adviser as they were on holiday. The adviser I saw made me an appointment with the national careers service.

I have this morning received a garbled message from someone at the service saying my appointment is today at 3pm yet my official letter issued by my adviser says its 11th November at the same time.

I have rung the careers service phone number on the letter and the person I spoke to wasn't any help at all, basically I have been told they do not hold the diaries for appointments made at job centres and I have been unable to get through to my job centre at the moment.

Just wondered what is my position is, I am fine to go on Monday but this afternoon would be undoable.

Thanks for the advice

Work Programme guidance states that a Mandatory Activity Notice must be in writing and give reasonable notice.

On that basis, a garbled message from an unrecognised source giving you six hours notice fails the acid test. Your appointment letter states 11th November, Careers Service can not confirm any changes, you have done all you reasonably can. If it were me, I'd go Monday clutching the 'official letter' (make no mention of any telephone message) and give 'em hell if they try to wriggle out of it.

Your call.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.