style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2749 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

All facts and no conjecture or opinion from me ,,the company I work for have recently restructured and openings have become available within other departments which I have applied for, the latest of which I was informed by 3 colleagues (1 management) who was `going ` to be successful,, and this was duly the case (despite the applicant being 45 minutes late for the interview, and clearly not the best person for the role).This is probably starting to sound like sour grapes but hand on heart isn't, now ive been informed that my manager and his immediate superior asked for 2 people not to get this job and likewise previous jobs purely on grounds he doesn't want to lose me. While very flattered ,I feel the hours spent on cv`s cover notes and applications as well as the actual interview were a clear waste of time, and am certain future applications are futile ,,,I believe I am getting what is termed as pigeon holed, Whilst im certainly not after any kind of payout ,what realistically is my best course of action to avoid this occurrence in the future without upsetting manager ,hr and interviewing manager?

how I stand legally(if at all),and advice on resolving this would be greatly appreciated ,,,and as said at the outset this is 100% the facts with no spin or exageration

Actually there's a lot of personal opinion in your post.

Your best bet is to interview for external roles. Your current employer is under no obligation to consider you for another role, ever.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

I appreciate your response and take on board what you say ,and i do appreciate stating other guy `clearly wasn't the best person for the job` is most certainly opinion and for that i apologise. I am already applying for external roles ,but would prefer to stay and get on at my current company ,i respect that they aren't under any obligation to consider me ,but my gripe is being asked to interview on merit (involving lots of time and effort) and being sabotaged by my current manager from getting the job because he doesn't want to lose me to a rival department, this just doesn't seem right ,, alternatively could this be construed as victimisation? I`m not trying to cause trouble and would like to resolve things to everyones satisfaction whilst allowing me the chance of progression that the job originally advertised ,most of all i don't want to be in this pigeon hole.

unless he is blocking because of race, gender, disability etc - you have no legal right to be considered for any role. You could try a quiet word with HR to check the policy but I'd guess he'll make your life difficult because of it.

How about "I know you are not keen to see me move to another department - how can we get me ready for a promotion in your department?"

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!