hsbc managed loan

wilko011178
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3823 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

With regards to my managed loan - taken out a LONG time ago... was to consolidate debts back in 2004..

. 138 repayments (11.5 years) at £140 per month.

1st payment was 1 nov 2004 so todays payment is exactly 9 years of payments.

That must mean 30 payments (2.5 years) to go at £140 per month which is £4,200..

Im slightly confused as to why my last statement shows my balance (as of 26 sept 2013) as being £2,676.20..

. does that mean my loans going to be significanly less that the full term??

Is the balance less cos of the low interest rates being applied for the last few years??

Was there any Payment Protection insurance on this loan ?

Do you have a copy of the agreement?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Loan was for 10,770 to pay off existing hsbc debts. from memory i had repayments of 300+ a month which i was seriously struggling with. they basically told me the only thing they could do to bring the monthly payments down was to offer the managed loan. this also cleared existing lian plus a flexi loan account which was basically a £1000 overdraft. yes i have a copy of the agreement. apparently theres no ppi on it tho as ive asked this already. Previous loans with hsbc did do tho and i got back just short of 2000 back a couple of years ago from them

No, the only thing that gets charged to the managed loan is the monthly interest. my balance is around £2500 at the moment with interest of around £16 a month, this interest naturally decreases every month as the balance goes down and down. my question wasnt really about charges or anything... i was just wanting clarification that the full 138 monthly payments wouldnt be applicable as the balance should reach zero way before the full term....

If the loan was a variable rate loan then the answer could well be to do with the rates.

If you took out the loan with a higher rate than it is now and over time the rate has decreased and yet you still continued to pay the initial instalment amount then the loan will finish early.

Most loans calculate the interest as you go along. The balance may well be the amount you would have to pay if you cleared it in full today whereas the amount of instalments multiplied by the months you have left would reflect the full amount including interest which has yet to accrue.

Ive been thinking - i got ppi refund for my previous loans in dec last year. surely that means when i consolidated everything the ppi was part of all that... soooo i shouldnt have had to "borrow" £10,770 in the first place as some of that was ppi related. surely the managed loan requires some recalculating?? Im basically paying back some ppi and the interest on it as well??

Not quite sure what you are asking - if these were loans that were consolidated into new loans then you should have received rebates for the previous loans. Indeed if PPI was sold incorrectly on one loan then it would have been sold incorrectly on all of them.

The only way you are going to work this out is to obtain statements going back to the first loan and then completing a spread sheet.

You can do this by making a Subject Access request (SAR)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D