Delays to PIP

antone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3826 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So mobility wise, someone who is housebound due to mental health problems, but can move about unaided, will be lucky to score the maximum of ten points. I'll be lucky to get any mobility support at all. *SIGH*

Do you have a source for that? I would like to know what I can expect when I eventually apply for PIP (currently getting DLA).

It seems to be a running trend with all of these cuts that they are implemented little by little. I think in part because they think they'll get away with the most by moving slowly, but also because I don't think they're actually equipped to completely change the system.

I think they've made it clear their intentions are to punish the poor and needy, not help them. None of these changes to the system are going to change to overall picture for the better, and the argument that the current system needs fixing is flawed if the government can't adequately implement the changes they're making.

Their justification for a lack of overall impact assessment is laughable. They say they can't complete one because it's too difficult, and may complete one once all the changes are implemented. So once the damage is already done, in other words. To me this is a blatant acknowledgement that even they don't know how their changes are going to affect everyone.

This government is inadequate to say the least.

in affect the existing system is broken because they spending more money than they want thats what it boils down to.

The fact ex army and pensioners are excluded from PIP is in itself an admission PIP will help less vulnerable people.

Past DWP trials have been in much smaller areas than whats been announced for this. this is isnt a trial its a slowed down rollout which in my view is as you said to reduce political impact by affecting less people at a time.

People have won court cases against the NHS regarding postcode lottery (eg. some areas approve drugs. others dont) I think if anyone has the willpower and financial strength to take on the government over this they would probably win.

• 3 weeks later...

I THINK ITS A COMPLETE COCK UP

Hi I applied for PIP in July, and I was told it would take 12 weeks for a decision I'm still waiting for a decision. I had my ATOS assessment 4 weeks ago, I phoned the DWP and they said because of a lot of people applying for PIP it was taking longer but I was told that my assessment has not been passed to the DWP from ATOS and was told to ring ATOS to find out what had happened, I rang and asked about my assessment report and why it hadn't been sent to the DWP, their answer was it was still waiting for their assessor to look at the report and then they would send it to DWP, I asked how long it would take and they couldn't give me a date..... IT'S A LOT LONGER THAN 12 WEEKS THAT WAS STATED TO ME ON MY APPLICATION.....

Yes it was the same with my ESA but I won my appeal in July for my ESA and I was told by the judge that I could apply for PIP so I did, I phoned the day after. I'm still waiting for a decision.

The last I heard, from a reputable advice forum, was that the only PIP decisions made so far are for people who are terminally ill, and they're taking 8 weeks.

Allegedly they were waiting to see if the mobility criteria were changed, but I have no idea what the hold up might be now other than the usual no trained staff to deal with it.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

You can't make a new claim for DLA (adult) after October 2013.

Allegedly they were waiting to see if the mobility criteria were changed, but I have no idea what the hold up might be now other than the usual no trained staff to deal with it.

That makes no sense. Many applying for PIP won't be affected by that decision anyway. So, surely only they should be affected?

There was a report from a charity which mentioned the PIP wait for terminally ill people.

You can't make a new claim for DLA (adult) after October 2013. Thanks for confirming that.

That makes no sense. Many applying for PIP won't be affected by that decision anyway. So, surely only they should be affected? I have long since given up expecting anything from DWP to make sense. This was the explanation given (guessed at?) by the well known benefits advice forum, I'm just repeating it.

There was a report from a charity which mentioned the PIP wait for terminally ill people.

I've seen a few reports about the delays to claims for terminally ill people, and I think it might be even longer than 8 weeks.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Just to add to my previous post - you can't make a new claim for DLA now. But up until February, I think it is, DWP will still be sending out DLA if your award is running out. For people who have had a change which affects the amount of DLA they get, they have to make a PIP claim.

Unfortunately, I think you're right about it being more than 8 weeks. :(