• Tweets

• is the home in joint names but this is solely your debt? need far more history to be able to comment if it's paid off and was not just written of by one partly on their books and sold to anther, thus the cra file says £0. dx
    • So, Sunak has managed to get someone to 'volunteer to go to Rwanda hasn't he? .. for just £3000 payment to the person plus 5 years free board and lodging isnt it? - cost to UK taxpayer over £300M+ (300 million quid+) isnt it? - Bargain says Rwanda, especially with all the profit we made privately selling those luxury chalets Bravermann advertised for us   I wonder how many brits would jump at that offer? Thousands? Hundreds of thousands? Lets see, up to 5 years free board and lodging and £3k in my pocket .. I'd go - and like that person - just come back if/when I get bored. First job - off to Botswana for a week to see the elephants.   Of course the paid volunteers going to Botswana are meaningless - Rwanda have REPEATEDLY said they wont take any forcibly trafficked people in breach of international law eh? Have the poops actually got any civil servants to agree to go yet - probably end up as more massive payments to VIPal contractors to go and sit there doing nowt shortly eh?    
    • Hi Wondered if I could get a little advise please. I entered into a commercial lease (3 years) and within a few months I had to leave as the business I was trading with collapsed. I returned the keys to the landlord and explained the situation and no money, also likely to go on benefits but the landlord stuck to their guns. They have now instructed solicitors to send letter before action claiming just over £4000. The lease was mine and so the debt. I know this. I have emailed the solicitors twice to explain I am out of work and that with help from family I could offer a full and final settlement figure of £1500 or £10pw. This was countered by them with an offer to reduce the debt by £400, or pay off the amount over 12 months. I went back with an improved full and final offer of £2500 or £20pw. This has been rejected with the comment 'papers ready to go to court'. I have no hope of paying the £4000 and so it will have to go to court. Pity as I have no debts otherwise but not working is a killer. I wondered if they take me to court, could I ask for mediation? I also think that taking me to court will result in a pretty much nothing per week payment from my benefits. Are companies just pushing ahead with action even if a better offer is on the table? Thanks for your help.
    • Hi all, Many thanks for the advice! Unfortunately, the reply to the email was as expected…   Starbucks UK Customer Care <[email protected]> Hi xxxxxx, We are sorry to read you received a parking charge after using our Stansted Airport - A120 DT store. Unfortunately, the car park here is managed by MET parking. Both Starbucks and EuroGarages who own and operate this site are not able to help and have no authority to overturn any parking charges received. If you have followed the below terms then you would need to send all correspondence to [email protected], who will be able to assist you further. Several signs around the car park clarify the below terms and conditions: • Maximum stay 60 minutes, whilst the store is open. If the store is closed, pay to park applies. • The car park is for Starbucks customers only who make a purchase in our store, a charge will be issued if you left the site. • If you had made a purchase and required additional time, you must have inputted your registration number into the in store iPad which would have extended your stay up to 3 hours • To park in a disabled bay, you must have displayed a valid disabled badge. • If Starbucks was closed, you must have paid for parking as charges still apply, following signage located on site. • If you didn’t use the store, you must have paid for parking, following signage located on site Please ensure all further correspondence is directed to MET parking at the above email address, and accept our apologies that we cannot help you further on this matter.  Kind Regards,  Lora K  Customer Care Team Leader Starbucks Coffee Company, Building 4 Chiswick Park, London, W4 5YE
    • Thanks HB edited and re-uploaded. Thanks for the heads up 👍
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

ESA submission

John B/ham
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3827 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Also i cant get my head around things she wrote in the report , such as my brother visits every week, i havent seen him since nans funeral in 2007, an i have no problems showering and shaving, when on the day of assesment i'd done neither, i probaly would of if i got up earlier,

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hello all'

ive picked apart the client interview part of the atos report, all its inaccuracies, do i have to do the same in the medical opinion physical and mental as its just the same thing repeated, or is it just the Behaviour Observed During Assesment part ,what she says about what i was able to do or not do, also in the Relevant Features, it says i done things, that one the day i declined to do

thanks john

Morning all,

I just found a Ergonomic Report, form a physio, at Queen Elisabeth Hospital that my Disabilty Adviser arranged for me, with his recommendations, and conclusions , but it dates Sept 2000,would this be ok to use in my submission? if so how do i refer to in the submission, or do i just put a copy in for the tribunal to look at?

thank john

John, I have no idea concerning your physical condition. If you have a chronic physical or mental condition you could use that report to demonstrate that your condition as become progressively worse since 2000.

In relation to the tribunal you could put a note on stating that your condition is still at the 2000 level or you could put that this document proves that my physical condition is chronic and as become progressively more disabling.

Just put how it relates to your appeal.

Hi mr mastif,

the conclusion of the report says On assessing John i would recommend he obtain treatment as a matter of urgency with a M R I scan. He as from my assessment damaged and has a protrusion of L3/4 and L4/5 discs. The problem appears to be worsening an is affecting bladder and bowel control

O.K, This is the report from 2000, it would appear that they believe you have a neurogenic bladder/bowel which would indicate that neurological damage as already occurred. It is definitely a chronic condition as there is no cure.

If you look at each point of the report and imagine yourself then. Ask the following questions. What as changed? Is my pain the same or as it got worse? Do I now take more pain killers now than I did then. What other medication do I now take that I did not take then.

What range of movement did I have in my back then? What can I do now? When my back was at its worse in 2000 what could I do? How long did these bad periods last. What is it like today are my bad periods longer what makes them worse. List all the events that make it worse I.E is it sitting or walking or repetitive movements or do they all make it worse.

AS your Bladder/bowel got worse. Imagine you are in an office How far would you need to be from a toilet to maintain your dignity.

Use the report as a base line to your condition, state how your condition as progressed. As your back ever gone into spasm causing you to collapse or spill something over yourself. If it as you could be a danger to yourself or others if you were allowed into the work place.

hello all'

ive picked apart the client interview part of the atos report, all its inaccuracies, do i have to do the same in the medical opinion physical and mental as its just the same thing repeated, or is it just the Behaviour Observed During Assesment part ,what she says about what i was able to do or not do, also in the Relevant Features, it says i done things, that one the day i declined to do

thanks john

IF it stated you declined to do something state the reason why. It could be that due to the examination you had not taken certain medications and it would have been too painful. Or if you were on medications for example anxiety that doing the task my have caused you stress or a combination of physical or mental problems.

If it states that you have done things and you did not. State that you did not and if relevant say why you could not. For example your assessment said you touched your toes. It would be obvious to the tribunal that due to your problems with your lumber spine you would have great difficulty/pain from doing so.

Pick out the points on your ESA50 and assessment that they have got wrong or did not assess. For example you have a lumber spine problem did they examine you legs for signs of muscle atrophy (wasting) what tests were made to determine the damage to the nerves in your back and legs. Did they do any tests. Think about when you have seen your consultant and the tests he as done to determine your condition. Did the atos assessor do them.

Edited by mr_mastiff

Thank again mr mastiff,

for replying, and trying your best for me , but things are just not regestering at the min, think i need a break from it all, but i haven't got that luxury,as my submission will have to be posted on monday, i thourght i'd be futher along with it than i actually am, think i'll go for a shower an wake myself up

Thank again mr mastiff,

for replying, and trying your best for me , but things are just not regestering at the min, think i need a break from it all, but i haven't got that luxury,as my submission will have to be posted on monday, i thourght i'd be futher along with it than i actually am, think i'll go for a shower an wake myself up

JOhn I have the same problem at times. On my appeal letter I stated that due to my health conditions and medications it was hard for me to concentrate due to diminished cognitive abilities. I will keep an eye out for any more posts from you.

cheers mate,

im on the verge of giving in , was up this morning till half 2,back pain horrrendous through sitting in chair for so long thought is was going to go completely,got to sleep bout half 4 after usual nitely trips to bathroom ,back on laptop bout 8 this morning, an dont feel i've got any where

john

cheers mate,

im on the verge of giving in , was up this morning till half 2,back pain horrrendous through sitting in chair for so long thought is was going to go completely,got to sleep bout half 4 after usual nitely trips to bathroom ,back on laptop bout 8 this morning, an dont feel i've got any where

john

Keep it simple and to the point. Use your own words. If you understand it then it is easier to answer questions at the trubunal.

Please do not jack it in! That is what they want.

John have you done your introduction yet.

You then have to state why the ATOS and DM at the DWP have overestimated your abilities. Look at the ATOS assessment and look at what they got wrong. For example if they stated you could lift an empty box off the floor explain to them why you could not. If you could do it once explain why you could not do it twice. Give examples. For example you could have lifted a box up and your back had gone into spasm which made you drop the box.

Or have you ever had problems lifting a kettle due to your bad back causing it to spill and nearly burning yourself. Or when you are taking large amounts of your pain killers have you ever forgot to put water into the kettle and turned it on. It is not just what you can do, it is what you can do safely.

When you have gone out of the house have you ever had to call for help. For example have you ever suddenly not been able to walk and have been taken home by somebody else. If you have had problems state what they are and how often they occur and state why they are dangerous.

If the report stated you could stand easily. State how long you can stand for, what happens if you stand for too long have you ever fell over when you have tried to stand when your condition as been bad. if you have tell them.

Look at the assessment and say page 2 something like with reference to walking the assessment is incorrect due to the fact that I can only do ............ when I am totally well if my condition is bad I can only do .......... safely

take each part and do the same.

This could also apply to you.

On my appeal I stated that I was taking seven different types of medication four of which had warnings on to avoid driving or operating machinery, Two of the medications with the warnings on I took regularly and the other three with warnings on I took as required. At the time I was taking the maximum dose of each due to pain. I stated the Atos had not taken this into account because both my consultant and G.P had both told me not to drive or operate machinery due to the fact that I would be a danger to myself or others.

Were any of the answer different on the assessment to the one you can remember giving.

They ignore side effects of medication now, which is ridiculous

They cannot ignore the danger if you have given up your driving licence or had an injury. From what I have been to;d this as not been legally challenged yet. I would include it in case I had an accident if I was placed in the work programme. I know you are correct but i would cover myself just in case.

then i,ve started with the time of examination because the start tim an finish times are wrong

O.K thats Fine but it is a small point you need to focus more on why they have overestimated your physical/mental abilities. If they have incorrectly reported some detail state that but more importantly correct the detail and state why it medically prevents you from working using the descriptors.

so ive gone through client interview medical conditions

other condition reported

medications

condition hisistory

solical history

description of typical day

and highlighted all the things that are wrong or miss quoted

e.g in drisciption of typical the report states "usually gets up about 10:30" but what i said is i often wake about 10:30 often in pain and i lay there till im able to get up, cud be an hour or more

I think this one may relate to you.

repeatedly mobilise 200 metres within a reasonable timescale

because of significant discomfort or exhaustion.

When you are walking how does your back prevent you walking any distance. Do you get sudden weakness in the legs. Do they go numb or is the pain too great to keep doing it. What would happen if you carried on have your legs collapsed in the past.

Have you stated how long you can sit and stand for and what problems you have. look at the descriptors below and see if they apply to you.

b) Cannot, for the majority of the time, remain at a work station either:

(i) standing unassisted by another person (even if free to move around);

or

(ii) sitting (even in an adjustable chair)

or

(iii) a combination of (i) and (ii).

for more than 30 minutes, before needing to move away in order to avoid

significant discomfort or exhaustion.

© Cannot, for the majority of the time, remain at a work station, either:

(i) standing unassisted by another person (even if free to move around