Accident exchange

Credit hire hater
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3881 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

During the phone call they must make you aware of anything important before entering into the contract. e.g if the liability Insurance does not pay for the hire car because the information you provide is later proved to be false, then you could be held liable for hire car costs.

Failure to advise you of this, in my opinion, should enable you to succeed with the FOS or in a court. I would suggest that you go down the FOS route first, provide them with all the information and see what happens.

Having spoken to them, they told me that there are always exemptions or issues which can invalidate insurance, however they didn't tell me this at the time of telling me they took a policy out. I've been told that its my responsibility to read all the small print, I didn't get the policy, it's going to be sent to me now. Even still, surely when they use a phrase like "at no point" that implies there won't be any exemptions etc, and they must surely have to tell you that you must read the exemptions , I.e tell you that there are actually some??

The fos tend not to deal with credit hire companies. Unregulated activity or something, I can't remember off hand.

You can ask for your insurer to consider the repairs, this will be subject to the policy excess, any difference in ncb etc. no engineers fees etc will be considered, same goes for any mark p.

Regarding the credit hire, you should have signed an agreement prior to this and it's usually only in extreme circumstances that the credit re organisation will choose to recover this, cases of blatant misrepresentation of the facts etc. they should have done their homework and checked out liability prior to taking on our claim. Then again, it's amazing what people say when it comes to car accidents and fault.

The fos tend not to deal with credit hire companies. Unregulated activity or something, I can't remember off hand.

You can ask for your insurer to consider the repairs, this will be subject to the policy excess, any difference in ncb etc. no engineers fees etc will be considered, same goes for any mark p.

Regarding the credit hire, you should have signed an agreement prior to this and it's usually only in extreme circumstances that the credit re organisation will choose to recover this, cases of blatant misrepresentation of the facts etc. they should have done their homework and checked out liability prior to taking on our claim. Then again, it's amazing what people say when it comes to car accidents and fault.

You may have a point here. My thoughts were that some form of Insurance was being arranged by the credit hire company, which they now claim is invalid because of the wrong information being given at the outset. Surely in this situation the consumer must enjoy some form of protection in the form of regulation. Therefore I thought it was worthwhile asking the FOS, if they would look at a complaint.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Surely the fos would need to investigate as AMC has their logo on their letterhead ?

@Credit hire hater As I said in my previous posts I'm dealing with the same company at the moment and I do remember them stating that as long as I was honest about the events then there would be no comeback (That's not saying I trust them. I don't and would NEVER recommend anyone using any sort of management company)

Not saying you were not honest with your version of events !

Surely the fos would need to investigate as AMC has their logo on their letterhead ?

@Credit hire hater As I said in my previous posts I'm dealing with the same company at the moment and I do remember them stating that as long as I was honest about the events then there would be no comeback (That's not saying I trust them. I don't and would NEVER recommend anyone using any sort of management company)

Should be ok then for the FOS to be involved.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I would never ever recommend it either. The statement that if you're honest then you won't be liable is a complete lie, at least in the average persons perception. I asked them if they thought I lied, they said no they don't think I lied, so therefore I was honest right?! I might have been wrong but I didn't lie, this is why they should be upfront and say if your version of events turns out to be slightly different to what actually happened,despite you giving an honest account of what you can remember then you will be liable. But no, twice I am told I won't be liable for charges without any warning that actually in the end I could be (or at least they say I am)

I had indemnity insurance provided by them but I assume they are saying I am in breech of that?

It could possibly be that, however what you need to do is prove that you gave a correct version of (what you thought) the events were. Do you have a witness statement or could you get one? They should however not throw your claim out due to this. You havnt included much detail to go on about what you said and what actually happened so it is hard to give an opinion. If you told them what happened and stated that it was from the witness then you were acting with good intentions.

this simply isn't the case although I admit there is a significant incident which I didn't realise had happened.

How significant was the event?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudiceicon. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here, my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

" No one can make you feel inferior without your consent " - Eleanor Roosevelt

Edited by manofmystery

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudiceicon. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional.

All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here,my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

" No one can make you feel inferior without your consent " - Eleanor Roosevelt