Problems with Adrian Flux and car insurance

kenjera
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3837 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

l'm in the middle of a adrian flux nightmare, to give you a summary, my car insurance was due for renewal back in august, l called around for quotes, AF was one company, the gist is this l gave them and the others my details, a deposit, and said if they could get the policy documents to me by the weekend l'd go with them this was on the 15th August ( or whomever managed to get me covered by the saturday) anyway another company managed to get documents to me on the saturday ( 18th Aug), and l then called AF on the monday 20/8 and cancelled my policy. In the meantime the girl l was talking to said l wasn't entitled to a refund of my deposit ( approx £45) and that there would be an additional fee of £14 for admin costs.( This was within the 14 day cancellation period )

Two weeks later l get a letter from Close Premium Finance asking me to sign my monthly debit agreement, l call them and tell them the policy had been cancelled on the 20/8 , they say to me that AF hasn't told them, and l said to them that you now Know directly. That was that sorted out. In the meantime AF keep sending me letters for payment of varying amounts for my (cancelled policy ) This goes from £156 up to £245 including their fees. ( The policy cost at the outset was only £235 for the year) These guys are a bunch of [problem] merchants

My idea is as follows....

I intend to write to AF and send them a BILL for my time and costs in the process, l'll give them 14 days to pay me and if they don't l'll take them to the small claims court and have them listed as a dubious company.

What do you think...?

If you go on cover with any company you are liable to pay the relevant time on risk and the cancellation charge. The AF sales person should have given you this information, so that you knew what would happen should you cancel the policy.

I would suggest that you send AF a written complaint advising what has happened and provide a photocopy of the alternative Insurance certificate that you arranged. Advise them that you are not very happy with the way you have been treated and will continue the complaint with the FOS if necessary. I suspect that AF would look to resolve the complaint amicably, as they will not want you to go to the FOS.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for re-route HB, and thanks for the reply uncleB,

Just to update you, of the 3 companies l gave deposits to, the other company remaining with whom l cancelled my policy on the 20/8 gave me a full refund which was paid by cheque within a week. so Adrian Flux really haven't got a leg to stand on in my view. They can state what clause of their terms and conditions apply etc; AF have asked me to supply them with a copy of my up to date insurance cover and say they will pass this information to their insurers who might consider cancelling the policy and reducing their fees. Folks can call cynical or even neurotic, But really WHAT business is it of AF IF l'm insured or with whom l'm insured, Why should l provide them with the means to investigate my personal circumstances, or give them a means to spy on their competition. l have a right of privacy, just as the company l am insured by have the right to protect their business interests. Maybe l'm being intolerant / indignant / or just prefer to see the world in black/white/grey....it's a simple request.. based on a simple logic, l gave them the opportunity to obtain my custom with a set deadline for the delivery of the required cover note, and they failed. I was insured at the time elsewhere so to clarify my thinking for you. I don't run my business along their lines, if l can't meet a deadline l'm willing to negotiate a reduction in the price quoted/agreed. Sensible business practice. The guys at AF are at it, skimming money out of customers by whatever means they can. NO Ethics. l'm beyond disgusted with them.

If I'm getting this right the af policy was renewal? Where the others were new buisiness.

Others can answer this for me (not my bag) does that mean there is no14 day cooling off period? And this means the op is in the wrong? Potentially af are looking at duel insurance for the refund?

• 1 month later...

I too have had a nightmare with af.....they gave me a box that monitored my mileage, and my monthly payments were spread over 10. A week before the last payment was due, they called me to say that I had gone over my agreed mileage. I told them this was nonsense as the car was in bits in my garage to be rebuilt over winter........they then cancelled my policy, I asked them to provide this so called evidence of extra mileage, No reply...I asked them about my 2 months insurance cover ....no reply...they expected me to pay the last installment after telling me that they have cancelled my policy.....the attitude on the phone was second to none. They would have won the attitude of the year competition hands down. I have took out a new policy the same day with another company and saved an absolute fortune......iam speaking to fos and hopefully they will be brought to order....