Andy B V Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6395 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi ladies n gents........

I sent my letter off to the Halifax for the Data Protection Act Request for a list of transactions & charges on the 17 August 2006.

I received a letter dated 6th September, with the correct bank account details, but they had spelled my surname wrong... (incompetence in my eyes- it was on the letter I sent!)

Anyway, I was advised that:

"Thankyou for the letter requesting specific information on your accoutn with us. I can confirm that copies of duplicates statements have been ordered and will be sent under separate cover"

etc... (standard letter I presume)

The cheque for £10 was cashed.......

It's now, according to my records, way past their date.

Do I contact them again, to see if they have been lost in the post, or do I go straight into reporting them to the information commissioner for a breach of the Data Protection Act?

And if I do this, what next? I'm trying to follow instructions as per the FAQ: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-step-step-instructions.html

But it gives a link to the ICO- I take it the other necessary information will be in the Templates section?

I've avoided ringing them to see if they were lost in the post (the documents)- I figured contact by snail mail (looking at other experiences) may be my best course of action?

Comments/ suggestions welcomed- many thanks.

Andy

Hi Andy,

Id probably just drop a reminding email to one of the Senior advisors listed here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank/388-halifax-direct-contact-details.html

That seems to prompt them most of the time.

Sean

Halifax claim £2152 (LBA sent 4th Oct 06)

Halifax Money Claim entered 17th Oct

Halifax acknowledged on 18th Oct

Halifax make full offer 28th Oct.

Lloyds Claim request statements on the 5th October:D

andy ... is it loans/ mortgages or current account?

i have posted very helpful contact details on the 1st 2 ......

when i win ...... 5% goes back to the site!

Halifax- 14/6/06 Data Protection Act.28/6/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) - (Subject Access Request) handed in person. 2/7/06 Prelin sent for £3297. 19/7/06 LBA sent SETTLED

Halifax cc- 26/7 prelim for £140 - 14/8 LBA sent - 21/8 £ 70 offer - 22/8 Halifax agreed to pay £140 after call SETTLED

Halifax loan #1 - SETTLED

SMPL- 20/6/06 prelim sent for £610 4/7 sent lba after no reply. MCOL 29/9

Rooftop Mortgages - 20/6/06 prelim sent for £225. 29/6/06 letter rec'd saying no! /2/7/06 LBA sent

Capital One- 24/6/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent. 2/7/06 prelim sent for £137. 19/7/06 LBA sent MCOL 29/9 SETTLED

I used the contact number listed in the other thread (01422 380880)- spoke with N J Inett- she claims her name is at the bottom of most letters.....

That said, she was very apologetic and said they would post copies out straight away (usual "system problem" everyone in customer services use regardless of company was mentioned as possible cuase)

So, I'll be generous, and give them a week...

Cheers ;)

you are indeed very generous, in the meantime as they have been non compliant, a letter to state such is advisable, it is in the templates library, send it tomorow, they are way over their 40 days, I personally wouldnt be willing to wait another two days for my requested information, she may have told you she will send the info but what happens next week if it doesnt arrive? You will be straight back to square one and having to send this letter then, at least if you do it now you are not wasting any time,

Sharon

you are indeed very generous, in the meantime as they have been no compliant a letter to state such is advisable, it is in the templates library, send it tomorow, they are way over their 40 days, I personally wouldnt be willing to wait another two days for my requested information, she may have told you she will send the info but what happens next week if it doesnt arrive? You will be straight back to square one and having to send this letter then, at least if you do it now you are not wasting any time,

Sharon

Good point- I will tomorrow- thanks for reminding me... not to be so lenient...:-)

No probs ;) Ultimately it is up to you but as I said what she says and what Halifax does may be two different things and you may find yourself typing out the non compliance letter next week! - hopefully she will keep to her promise of sending the info though!

She did what she said- I was late for work this morning (not related)- and the documents arrived in the post, recorded delivery.

I'd say I was impressed.

BUT.

I'm not. By a long way. Why? Mid way through my 84 pages (plus the covering letter that STILL has my surname spelled incorrectly) was another set of documents- 12 pages, in fact, for a Mr J D**** in Scotland. (I'll not say anymore)

So, with this incompetance, and the amount of hype the media are giving stolen identities/ phishing, it makes me wonder that if they did try to send my documents originally, who did they send them to? :eek::mad::!:

So I am in a quandry as if I should let them know they really, really cocked up, and I want assurances they haven't done this with my documents in the past...

Then I need to go through the FAQ's and templates again now, work out what they owe me. The statements only go back as far as November 2002- will there be a reason for this, do you know? (Instead of further back)

Cheers.

Andy

Personally... I'd inform Mr D.... that the bank have sent you his details, and maybe inform the financial ombudsman! That really is shocking... little wonder there's so much ID fraud going on!

This constitutes a massive massive breach of the data protection act, and I reckon Mr D has a right to know just how incompetent his bank are.

Who gives you Xtra? :confused:

=========================================

HALIFAX PLC

PAID IN FULL - £1799.20 31/10/06

Round 2 - Prelim sent 29/06/07