Bus lane ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3917 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No, I think you are confusing it with entering the bus lane before you get to a left hand turning.

Hello,

Regarding the quote above I have received a ticket from the council for the exact reason. I was going to turn left at the lights ahead but the bus lane went short of the left, I took the left by entering the bus lane which was towards the end of the lane with a sign showing end of bus lane. They have sent me a PCN with a picture of my car in the lane but they have not taken into consideration that there is a left just ahead.

Does anyone believe I have any grounds to appeal the PCN that I have received?

Thank you for responses in advance.

You have posted on a thread which is more than 5 years old & in the wrong Forum. I will move you to the Local Authority Forum that deals with these but I'm afraid you will have to provide info from the beginning so those that know about these may help you.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello,

Regarding the quote above I have received a ticket from the council for the exact reason. I was going to turn left at the lights ahead but the bus lane went short of the left, I took the left by entering the bus lane which was towards the end of the lane with a sign showing end of bus lane. They have sent me a PCN with a picture of my car in the lane but they have not taken into consideration that there is a left just ahead.

Not knowing which thread this was tagged onto, I have responses confirming from the local LA over bus lanes I have twice got caught in, that they have 'unwritten rules' regarding what they consider is 'entitled' when entering bus lanes, and what is not (won the first, lost the second despite exactly the same location, circumstances, approximate time and the distance to the end of the lane).

The adjudicator at any PATAS appeal within the rules is entitled/empowered to make up their own decision, meaning you enter a minefield should you go down the 'official' route following the NTO.

Pindown may have disappeared from children's homes, but is rife within the LA, ticking all the profit boxes when dealing with those that dare question their authority.

You do if it is outside London, keep up !

Really?? Are you sure about that? If a charge certificate is served 28 days after the PCN when do they send the NTO?? :lol:

Charge certificates

32.—(1) Where—

(a)a penalty charge notice is served on any person; and

(b)the penalty charge to which it relates is not paid before the end of the relevant period,

the enforcing authority may serve on that person a statement (a “charge certificate”) to the effect that the penalty charge in question is increased by 50 per cent.

Hello,

This PCN was issued by Harrow Council in London. Traffic contravention: BEING IN A BUS LANE.

The alleged contravention was seen and recorded by camera operator number 321 who was observing real time pictures from a road side camera at the time.

I have 14 days from the date of the notice which is 23/08/13 to get a reduced fine (50%) and 28 day to settle the full amount at £130.

Please let me know if further information is required. Thank you