money

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6434 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I sent letter requesting my money back a couple of weeks ago and i intended to write the LBA today, but i have got a card from halifax saying they wish to call our home on 14th october. Is this a new ploy or just a delaying tactic, anyone know? I still intend writing the LBA.

I haven't seen anything on this before,

could well be new.

You are right to proceed with your LBA on target IMO.

If you are not happy to speak to them via the phone then you could include a paragraph in your LBA requesting that "all future correspondence regarding this matter is conducted via written letter to my home address".

I'd be interested to hear what they are doing though, and what their call is about????

I sent my prelim letter a couple of weeks ago and apart from a postcard saying can they ring me, all i have received from them is a seemingly standard letter about how i can complain about the halifax. However it does say in the last paragraph that all the media hype about bank charges is not about actual bank ACCOUNT charges, but is about credit card charges. It seems that bullxxx is the order of the day. I sent my LBA today.8)

Great, you know what yoiu are doing so thats good, yes it is standard letter writing, and yes they are trying to fob you off with reference to credit card charges, it all comes down to the factr their charges are unfair!

Keep us updated!

I sent my LBA about a week ago today i have received a letter offering me £2335 which is just less than half of what is owed to me, can someone please advise what to do because i am in shock. It is great reading about other people and their problems and support, but i think i have been going through the motions on automatic pilot. As if it would not happen for me.:shock:

I sent my LBA about a week ago today i have received a letter offering me £2335 which is just less than half of what is owed to me, can someone please advise what to do because i am in shock. It is great reading about other people and their problems and support, but i think i have been going through the motions on automatic pilot. As if it would not happen for me.:shock:

Ok you can accept the offer as a part settlement.Inform them that you will continue to seek the balance.

this should help

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejection-settlement-offer.html

:D

thanks alot just downloaded letter and i am now going to type it out to send, I intend to send it back in their envelope. Would you reccommend recorded delivery? THANKS AGAIN This site is the most informative and the most supportive i have ever seen. It deserves the donations for just being there.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

5 threads merged - please do not start a new thread for each question on your claim.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.