Amnesty international condemns gov't treatment of disabled

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The widespread and relentless use of Tory propaganda in the media has undermined public support and sympathy for the sick and disabled people of the UK.Examples of such propaganda include the ad nauseum use of value-laden terms in political narratives and the media, such as “benefit cheat”, “dependency”, “entrenched”, “fraud”, “worklessness”, “addiction”, and more opprobrious examples such as “scrounger”, “skiver”, “workshy (see Aktion Arbeitsscheu Reich and the origins of this word, it’s now being used very frequently in the media to describe unemployed and disabled people.) Several studies show that compared with the end of the Labour Government, such pejorative language use has risen dramatically, and Duncan Smith is the most frequent Parliamentary user of value-laden terminology.

Story

http://kittysjones.wordpress.com/2013/08/02/amnesty-international-has-condemned-the-erosion-of-human-rights-of-disabled-people-in-uk/

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

They're vomit inducing :puke:

But the most irritating thing about the Tories for me is, okay, they have caused a lot of damage, poverty and low self esteem amongst ALL those who are unemployed, whether it be because they can't find a job, or they are unable to work due to a disability - but the way they blatantly and deliberately lie, and ignore the rock solid figures of what little employment there is for fully fit and able bodied people!!!!

I have on occasion watched them on PM's questions, and I am dumbfounded as to how they can get away with the lies, or get away with dodging questions they don't wish to answer :!:

The smug arrogance of CaMoron is on a level I have never seen before!

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

The smug arrogance of CaMoron is on a level I have never seen before!

That man is unbelievable. He had a disabled child and I was kind of hoping that would make him think twice about changing the benefits system and forcing disabled people (many of whom can't realistically work) back into work. How wrong I am.

That man is unbelievable. He had a disabled child and I was kind of hoping that would make him think twice about changing the benefits system and forcing disabled people (many of whom can't realistically work) back into work. How wrong I am.

I know hun, it's infuriating!

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

Well if you want them out vote for Ed Miliband. I'm sure he'll make a great Prime Minister.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Labour left us in the diabolical mess we are in and yes the Tories are not helping either, doubt any part will get us of this s**t. What makes me mad is this stupid bedroom tax and unfair treatment of the elderly, disabled, disadvantaged etc. GOSH, F.S.I.D ( NOW THE LULLABY TRUST ) get no help from the government same as a lot of charities I guess

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

They removed legal aid to challenge benefit stuff, making people fight for what they are entitled to and sending some to an early grave!

See that's the thing about this country - they say you have human rights, freedom, free speech etc, but they're slowly but surely removing all ways to apply these rights, which in my opinion it may as well be a communist country!

and now you have to pay if you want to claim unfair dismissal!

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

See!!!!

Those in the most financially vulnerable positions are having all resources that help them apply their rights swiped from under their nose!

I still say it's a form of social cleansing!

Slowly but surely the Tories are getting their dreams made reality, only those who are financially very secure will be afforded the luxury of freedom of choice, free speech and access to liberty and justice.

The rest of us will be left fighting over the crumbs brushed off the table, a mad dash for the bottom rung of the ladder. What most haven't realised yet is those at the top have severed the ladder at rung two and pulled it up after them.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Blame Adrian Beescroft for that little nugget.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D