Benefits stopped, how do I get them reinstated?

mick57
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3945 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry but things could be done a lot different Tomtom256. When you know you haven't done anything wrong and your going though hell, you can see easily see how things can be done differently. They think I am signing on from Two different addresses when I am not. What I don`t get is why my JSA hasn't been stopped but my housing benefit and council tax benefit has.. They didn't said me a letter to tell me my benefit had been stopped, I found that out when I got there at the interview last Thursday. What I don't also understand the woman who interviewed me couldn't stop apologising and told me that it would be sorted by Thursday afternoon and I would get a call and they said they would sort the benefits out. I been ringing them everyday and all I get told is there looking it to it more. They letter I fist received was vague and I was unsure what I was being accused for. I did take paperwork with me to prove I was living at one address. If I knew before the interview what it was about I could got a letter from my mum, (where I lived before) to say I was no longer living there. Took bank statement's as I said I have nothing to hide. They also could of had my landlady's number . They could of visited both addresses . What do you suggest I do Its been a week now and I haven't heard anything. There expecting me to live on less than £50.00 a mouth. This is making me ill.

Hi Mick - I have tried to follow your posts but, probably because they have been mixed up with someone elses, I have found it very difficult to follow.

As far as I recall you were called in for an IUC as they thought that you were claiming from 2 different addresses and that you had moved from one area to another. Can you confirm that is correct please

Was it the Local Authority that called you in or were the DWP there as well.

I thought that you said that you were claiming HB at your previous address but now you say that you lived with your mum - which one is correct.

As far as I can tell, they think that either - you were claiming from 2 addresses, or that someone else had been using your identity to make a false claim from a different area. If that is the case, the only way to correct it would be to call you - and the potential fictitious person in for interviews and to ask both of you to prove identity.

Interviews have to be conducted under caution - this is the law of the land when there is a potential offence to investigate. There is nothing that can be done about it - and if someone was using your identity details, or you were claiming from 2 addresses there would be an offence.

Until they talk to you there is no way of knowing what is going on, especially if both areas were paying HB for 2 different addresses,

Perhaps it would make it easier to help you if you could post a timeline of what has happened, ie, approx when you first claimed, when you moved and when you informed them that you had changed your address and asked the council for the first area to stop paying you

• Haha 1

Yes its correct I got called in for a ICU. Local Authority called me in. I was only living at my mums address for 2-3 mouths and her house is paid for already so no I wasn't claiming HB. where I live now and where my mum lives are two different authority's. They think I was claiming from 2 addresses because they had not updated there records. Even the people at the job centre today said the address should have been updated which it hadn't been.

When I first signed on ,I signed on from my mothers address. When I moved I also moved job centres but informed them of my new address ,four different times. when I got the letter from the local authority it wasn't sent to my address was sent to my mums. I also receive letters off the job centre that goes to my mums. But when I went to the job centre I did question this and they said it got nothing to do with them. I only get paid one lot of JSA. When I went to the job centre after the after my IUC they told me there a number you have to ring to update your details but I didn't get told this. I did ring this number the same day as I had my IUC.