Littlewoods penalty charges

fuzzgun19
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oh, and you can use this for the LBA, suitably adapted to reflect your own case - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?405889-Reclaiming-Credit-Card-Charges-Preliminary-Letter-Before-Action

The one from the CAB site was for a trader/consumer dispute.

I hope that's not what you used for your Prelim Claim letter.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 3 weeks later...

Stick to your own timescales if you are serious about court action and issue the N1 as soon as the time expires

Use this forum to help draft the POC and submit via post to CCMCC

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

• 3 weeks later...

So, I've now had the "We think it's fair" letter from Littlewoods.

Can anyone advise of the next step, I assume It's to start a court claim, is this the right site to do it on?

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

Is there any guide to tell me what to do/write etc?

Thanks.

Hi Fuzz,

You should have been preparing your claim while waiting for their reply to the LBA and, if they failed to reply with the 14 days you gave them, you should have moved on with the claim.

In any event, you now need to file the claim using CCMCC, Salford using Paticulars of Claim (PoC) from our Site and your updated SOC.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

No !! That is a commercial site by the looks of it. Use them and they'll charge you for their services, in addition to the court fees you always pay (unless you qualify for Fee Remission).

The HMCTS free site (identified by the gov. in the address) is here - https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/overview

• Confused 1

remember, send 3 copies of the n1 form and POC to them when you do so.

I recommend using a tracked postage service for this.

Also online submission does not normally have enough space to fit the POC in for a credit card charge reclaim.

It is at this point now I recommend scanning in ALL associated materials to your case on computer. This includes letters sent (and postage receipts and delivery reports) and store them on your computer in an order able fashion. Reason being is if this makes it to a court hearing or bundle exchange, you have a lot of the hard work prepared as you go on computer. (AND make regular backups!!)

• Confused 1

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Thank you.

Does anyone know how likely it is that I would have to set foot in a court. I really don't want to have to do that, and wondered if it ever gets this far with Littlewoods/shop direct?

Hi Fuzz,

You should not start court action unless you are prepared to attend court if and when required.

If the defendant is aware that you'll do anything to avoid court (by watching our forum), they may take advantage of this and let the case go to a hearing.

Others may want to comment specifically about the chances of Littlewoods taking the case to court as I don't know.