Dla

Watermusic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My son went abroad for 3 years ,came back and has been turned down for DLA because he has not been in Britain for at least 104 weeks out of the last 156 weeks. He has mental health issues , is on anti psychotic drugs,and felt too frightened to stay in Britain,thinking people were after him. He got psychiatric treatment abroad, and is now a habitual resident here again. Will these mitigating circumstances have any effect on the ruling ? Please advice....

My son went abroad for 3 years ,came back and has been turned down for DLA because he has not been in Britain for at least 104 weeks out of the last 156 weeks. He has mental health issues , is on anti psychotic drugs,and felt too frightened to stay in Britain,thinking people were after him. He got psychiatric treatment abroad, and is now a habitual resident here again. Will these mitigating circumstances have any effect on the ruling ? Please advice....

Was he resident in an EU country?

From memory there is a different set up as regards being an EU citizen and being habitually resident in another EU country, There was a court case that went against the UK government.

probably,why would you expect to go overseas for a few years and pop back and expect everything to be sorted for you?,theres folk live here all the time and have to struggle to get anything!

All the person was asking for was some information that may help them in what must be testing times and for you to jump on them with your moral judgement is uncalled for and i hope you reflect on this because giving people a negative image of this site and its users is not one i am sure you wanted to convey but achieved via your comments.