• Tweets

• Not at all.  The onus is on them to ensure that their invoice respects the provisions of Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 to establish keeper liability.  Which it can't as the area is covered by bye-laws. Spot on. Irrelevant as to whether you entered into a contract with VCS to pay them £100 if you didn't obey what was written on their silly signs. Who cares?  What about their ridiculous generic Particulars of Claim where they deliberately mix up driver and keeper. And where do they mention this?  You haven't shown us anything. Of course you have to prepare a Witness Statement and you'd better get on with it. This is the problem here - you've disappeared for months & months, haven't kept us updated and presumably haven't read other VCS threads.  That needs to change - now. Otherwise you will lose - simple as that. For a start - please upload the court order which fixes the hearing date plus plus where "VCS mentioned my initial defence was generic and clearly copied from the internet".  We're not mind readers.
    • 2nd class stamp only , get free proof of posting from any PO counter dx  
    • Hi,  It has been a long time but I have had confirmation claim will proceed to hearing in roughly 1 months time.  I was wondering if anyone could advise on defence please.  A few questions I have are: 1) I didn't notify VCS that I was not the driver of the vehicle and the judge may look negatively on this point.  I did not receive any direction in correspondence from VCS  that I should inform them if I was not the driver and that was going to be the foundation for may argument on this point. 2) The vehicle is stopped at a zebra crossing.  Based on the images from VCS for around 10 seconds.  At that time there is someone standing near the zebra crossing and someone else enters my vehicle.  I was going to raise the point that stopping at a zebra crossing when someone is standing near it is to be expected.  I was also going to ask the question how you can have a no stopping zone when there are zebra crossings where the driver is required to stop. 3) The no stopping zone is clearly signposted, however, no drop off or pickup is not clearly signposted with one small sign at the zebra crossing, parallel to the road and on the passengers side.  I was going to challenge that no-drop off or pickup is clearly signposted.  4) VCS mentioned my initial defence was generic and clearly copied from the internet.  It covered 1) Claimant not being in a position to state if the Defendant was the driver at the time.  2) No evidence that claimant's contract with landowner supersedes byelaws & signage isn't legally binding contract. 3) No contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on speculative charge. I am interested to know if anyone has had success or been unsuccessful with this 'generic' defence. 5) If I should submit an updated defence to the court based on questions 1, 2 & 3.  Or if it is better to only raise these points in court? Thanks.  Any guidance would be appreciated  
    • I honestly don't know, Baz. In addition what I don't  understand (from that pamphlet) is this: The s88 criteria are quite clear and don't need a medical professional to interpret them . The one most relevant to his topic says that an application is not a "qualifying application" if a relevant disability has been declared. The problem with the word "may" is how does the applicant establish whether me "may" driver under s88 when he has not complied with its conditions? I don't know the answer to that either. But to further muddy the waters, the pamphlet says this (about : But the s88 statute says absolutely nothing like that at all. It simply says that if you have declared a relevant disability s88 does not apply. The DVLA pamphlet is simply confusing as far as I can see. That's actually my opinion and that's what I would stick to if it was me making the application. But I'll seek a few opinions from others over the next couple of days.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Redstone Mortgages playing dirty

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2754 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have now had my mortgage with Redstone for about 10 years. Recently I have had to move and rent else where. I informed Redstone by post. They wrote back thanking me for updating my information. I rented the house to some nice people and was able to pay my rent and continue paying the mortgage. I moved because the 160 miles a day was killing me.

I heard no more until last Tuesday afternoon when I was informed by the people renting my house that the house has a LPA placed on it by the mortgage company. The LPA company are collecting the rent now!!! Redstone collected my mortgage payment too. So I am out of pocket on the rent I paid plus the mortgage amount. Redstone are ahead by nearly three times what they are due. More details later

Edited by citizenB

Hi welcome to CAG, someone will be along to advise you as soon as they are available.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 2 weeks later...

This has just happened to me but they wrote to me first (via Irwin Mitchell) and they had managed to get it wrong as what I was proposing to do was covered in the original offer. I have been offered compensation but am taking the matter to FOS for the upset caused. let me know if I can help with anything advice on what we did.

Hi, they said that they had written to me but I have no record of it arriving. So I am guessing they have not actually written at all. It would now appear that they wont speak to me or my solicitor as they instructed my solicitor to contact theirs. If they have not done anything wrong why hide behind a solicitor?

Can you explain how they came to make the mistake?

Cheers

Angryatred

First they assumed that our property had been let. It hadn't but we had been marketing it. The lawyers they used never bothered to check our application or even the offer and underwriting sheet. Which showed our home was allowed to be unoccupied which was the other tack they tried. I assume you are not direct Redstone borrower and that they took over on the day the mortgage completed. The lawyer dealing with had to deal with me as I 'represented' myself.

if you wrote to them to inform them what you wanted to do did you ask for permission or did you assume permission. They are skating on thin ice. I think they (Redstone) are in difficulties and looking to cash in your property, it is likely the next thing they will try is to sell it. In the meantime they will be racking up charges. Your lawyer must not sit back an wait for hem to come to you so to speak rather the must go after them.

we need to know how many others are effected by this type of Redstone tactic.

I wrote on the 3rd March I think and they replied on the 17th. It was not until the 5th July that I learnt that an LPA was on the property. Yes racking up charges is their game. My solicitor finally got an email from theirs yesterday. Not answering our questions but giving me the options to move back in ( not possible because of work) sell?? what with the market the way it is? or remortgage. I cannot do this either for personal reasons (also a recent ccj) So my solicitor writes back yesterday asking them to clarify whats happening to the rent the LPA company are collecting to be told it has nothing to do with me and that I should continue to pay the mortgage. So I continue to be out of pocket some 625 each month, money I can't afford.

So the final kick in the head. My tenants have the right to be in my property until March next year when I can give them a 2 months notice, I am told. So selling means selling with sitting tenants until then. So selling further impacted. Im thinking so I have to be out of pocket until then the 625 each month but no! I don't

The reason is the tenants have been ordered out and are leaving on the 16th of this month. Now why did their solicitor not tell us this? I found out by speaking with my tenants neighbour who thought I knew. Sneaky Redstone want to sell my property I am sure. They need stopping but how?

move your wife or family/partner back in on the 16th then instigate a complaint to FOS about the actions of Redstone and potentially their solicitors to the SRA. They (lawyers) will bleat about confidentiality and acting in client's best interests but they cannot do anything unlawful. By the way who are the lawyers acting in the matter.

Im not sure who their solicitor is as I passed the info straight to mine and he was told to contact theirs.

My solicitor believes that their solicitor is not aware of their miss doings. She is definitely unaware as of yesterday to my tenants departure but its all arranged by the bully boys at Redstone. Obviously on the 16th Im not in breach of any contract and wonder what Redstones next move will be.

So the story continues. I was told late this afternoon that my house was to be put into the hands of an agent once my tenants are out on the 12th of this month. My solicitor was told that this was because I was not going to live in it myself. Excuse the language but who the F**K do they think they are? They are doing or trying to do exactly what I predicted which is to sell the house right out from under me. My guess is that it would be sold at mortgage value to a 'Friend', who would then sell it at market value for considerably more, then split the profit. I say again, I have never missed one single mortgage payment. How can they do this?

Its happened. Redstone have locked me out of my house. You know the one.The one I pay the mortgage on each month with out fail and have done for the last 10 years. They appear to do exactly as they want and are fully supported by Irwin Mitchell their solicitors who were unable to talk to me today nor incidentally were Redstone.

Funny that! especially as to day they were taking possession. Bas*ards.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Redstone **** have now sold my property and at a price of over 50K less than market value. Theres just £400 odd pounds after all their costs left but say it will be used to pay any other associated costs with the house.

It appears they are Gods and no one can touch them.

• 1 year later...
I have now had my mortgage with Redstone for about 10 years. Recently I have had to move and rent else where. I informed Redstone by post. They wrote back thanking me for updating my information. I rented the house to some nice people and was able to pay my rent and continue paying the mortgage. I moved because the 160 miles a day was killing me.

I heard no more until last Tuesday afternoon when I was informed by the people renting my house that the house has a LPA placed on it by the mortgage company. The LPA company are collecting the rent now!!! Redstone collected my mortgage payment too. So I am out of pocket on the rent I paid plus the mortgage amount. Redstone are ahead by nearly three times what they are due. More details later

They are rotten to the core they took our home threw my family on the streets and now I have found out their claim was not even a valid one and they used someone else details, get in touch we need to start a class action.

• 6 months later...