Moving to Talk Talk

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3962 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes i know, sounds daft but my BT bill was going from a low initial cost through to nearly 70 quid a month due to the broadband charges for going over the 40gb allowance. with 2 kids doing homework, gaming, my wife and i working from home, 40gb was disappearing too quickly.

Talk Talk offered to match our phone service and supply unlimited Broadband for £22 per month. I will have some of that i thought.

so, here are the catalogue of errors.......

1 - got MAC code from BT, gave it to Talk Talk. Cant place the order without it. this was on 23rd May 2013

2 - had pack in the post, informing me of my contract details and go live date of 7th June

3 - monday 3rd june services from BT stopped. no outgoing calls or BB, but incoming calls only

4 - phone goes live on 7th june, but alas no internet or hub from talk talk.

5 - call Talk Talk who tell me that the MAC code was invalid. Could they not have told me this earlier?

6 - get BT to reissue the MAC code, same as before as its valid until june 22nd

7 - give to talk talk, turns out they had inputted it incorrectly. Assured all would be back on for 14th june

8 - 14th june, no internet. told that the order had been cancelled due to incorrect MAC code, and would have to place a new order.

9 - place new order, service wont go live until 26th june - including phone????

10 - get email from BT, telling me about cancelling my services with them..... thought i already had??

11 - ten minutes later get another email thanking me for my Broadband order, which will cost me £22 per month plus VAT for broadband only

12 - ring BT ask who placed the order, told that i did??? what? at 1am when the email came through??

13 - challenged the order with BT, told i was correct, and infact i have never left BT as Talk Talk havent taken over the line yet?

14 - rung Talk Talk, gave the manager there a mouthful, his boss is ringing me tomorrow.

what should i say? i really want the cheap deal, need the unlimited broadban but the customer service is a joke. left hand doesnt know what the right is doing. What do i do about BT? one minute they have cancelled service, then they placed an order in my name? am i liable for that contract? is this a [problem] to get me to fork out cancellation charges during a contract?

any ideas people? i have missed some deadlines due to having no internet so i am down about £150 fees this month, should i ask talk talk to reimburse this?

advice welcomed!

Watch the so called 'unlimited' there is 'a fair use policy' which is identical to having a limit, so read the terms and conditions before you are fully committed to the contract.

Just part of them:

"If a customer’s usage is continually excessive, unfair, affects other users enjoyment of our broadband service, or is not consistent with the usage we would typically expect on that customers current package, we reserve the right to upgrade customers to a package more suited for their usage. In extreme cases we may suspend or terminate the customers ability to access TalkTalk’s broadband service. "

• 4 weeks later...

I had no issues with TT. Ordered phone and broadband last october but had to put it on hold as I suddenly got a new place to move into; had to cancel the value line rental so my initial months bill was quite high. Once set up in my new place, rang them, paid again for the value line rental and got 12 months broadband for £3.25 a month. My normal monthly bill is around a fiver (as I've paid my line rental a year in advance)

Isn't it strange that I get perfect service and you have issues. Also, last month, I went over 125GB (lots of streaming) and no warnings about fair use

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

it varies alot sky (my provider) have never once moaned dispite me using an average of 6-7gb a day

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: