Student Overdraft left for 2+ years

Spicey1989
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4003 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there pretty new to the forum and need some advice on my situation in regards to my student overdraft which I believe is now dormant. Being stupid I have ignored this problem but now I want to tackle it head on. Some background information.

I took out a student overdraft account with Natwest in 2008 as I was going to University and had to pay my accommodation costs upfront, so I used my overdraft of £1250 to pay for it. Over the course of the next two years I was in and out of the overdraft as my student loan didn’t go directly into my Natwest account it went in to my other account (Halifax) and I would transfer money directly into the Natwest account to pay off the balance (1250 usually). Going into my third year I stopped using this system of paying off my overdraft instead using my Halifax account to pay my accommodation and left my -£1250 account to drift into dormant. I had an email from Triton (I believe to be the in house debt recovery agency for Natwest), saying I need to get into contact with them, this was in 2011. Now it is 2013 and I have no contact with anyone in relation to this debt, no correspondents from Natwest or Triton (last contact was the email in 2011 from triton to get in contact with them).

While I know I have been foolish to bury my head in the sand, life circumstances have made me completely forget about this debt until now, I need advice on what to do, my main questions I need answer are:

1. Will the debt still be 1250 or will it be more, if so how much more?

2. How should I approach sorting it, contact natwest? Or triton to find a solution?

3. will I be able to negotiate how much I pay back each month until the debt is paid off and will they send me a letter once the debt has been fully paid to let my know I can stop worrying.

Thanks in advanced for any replies, I just need to sort myself out with this and the added stress is not helping at this current time. Thanks for reading.