pension credit overpayment procedure

dillm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3989 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

12 months ago my wife transferred 14750 to fund various repairs from her life assurance I wrote to pension credit to advice expecting a reduction of£9 week did not hear anything and due to my health problems forgot about it till I hasd a benefit check and was told I was getting too much money I contacted Pension Credit as advised who confirmed they had not received my letter coincidentally I was invited to an interview with a compliance officer who wished to discuss the same I showed him the letters etc only there 10 mins what happens next

Yes app 8900

I don't see a problem here if you're below the capital threshold, and making a deprivation case out it would be virtually impossible considering the money was disregarded while in any scheme that has life insurance attached.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Technically I would agree however confusion exists in the regs which indicate that any funds released may be treat as capital they also indicate that you can have up to a year to use the funds for a project I am of the opinion that pension credit will say the funds shall be treated as capital only because I have no luck thanks

I have checked the regs and I am correct released funds are treat as a Capital so what happens next

Edited by dillm
untidty

Hello there.

I hope you don't mind my saying, but you seem to have several threads about the same problem. As a rule, spreading the information across the forum doesn't help the people trying to help you.

Please could you try to keep to one thread on Pension Credit queries?

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Technically I would agree however confusion exists in the regs which indicate that any funds released may be treat as capital they also indicate that you can have up to a year to use the funds for a project I am of the opinion that pension credit will say the funds shall be treated as capital only because I have no luck thanks

I have checked the regs and I am correct released funds are treat as a Capital so what happens next

Do you only have total capital of less than £10,000 or more than £10,000?

how do I tidy them up dont see how I can delete threads

Regular users can't delete threads. Don't worry about it, but just for future reference, as Honeybee says, it's easier to keep related problems in the same thread.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Then no problem. The only issue you could have had with spending money is deprivation of capital, but as the money was 'liberated' from a fund with life insurance attached, then deprivation of capital would be a pretty silly thing to try to apply to a claim and if they did easily overturnable.

Then no problem. The only issue you could have had with spending money is deprivation of capital, but as the money was 'liberated' from a fund with life insurance attached, then deprivation of capital would be a pretty silly thing to try to apply to a claim and if they did easily overturnable.
don't forget they have been reminded three times that the funds were used for repairs etc thanks again