Thames Water Customer Service??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4014 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Amazing. Just called ThamesWater - you know, one of those companies which doesn't seem to pay much tax and whose CEO only got £274,000 bonus because he didn't do very well.

I wanted to inform them about a new address and to open a new account. I asked them what the fixed charges were for and the woman told me that it was for maintaining the meter and for taking meter readings.

I said great, so you'll be round to read the meter, then. She said, No - we don't do that on moving in. You'll have to do it yourself. When I started to point out that this didn't seem to make sense when she had just told me that the £84 per year covered reading the meter, - she just hung up the phone on me!!!!

As you say, amazing.

I have the 'pleasure' of having my water 'supplied' by Veolia who then bill me for charges to/from Thames Water for sewerage, then they add on the standing charges. Recently I queried why the standing charges make up approximately 75% of my bill and why I'm charged more for the sewerage component of my bill than I am for the actual water used - their answer was its only fair that I pay the same as everyone else in my area for maintenance of said system even if I use less of the product!!

On the matter of the sewerage charge being higher than the 'clean' water portion of my bill, that is not their fault but is down to Thames Water as they dictate the charges and there is no ability for Veolia to contest the level of these charges!!

The CS operative then tried to insist that my monthly DD payment wasn't nearly enough and they would need to at least quadruple it (this has been a recurring theme across the 8 years I've lived in this flat, I pay only for what I use, they want me to build up a massive credit on my account), when I asked what information they were using to guesstimate this I was told that it was based on it being a 2 bed property with 4 adult occupants (what used to be here more than 10 years ago) and not based on the meter reading taken by them which was on the bill and which, on the bill date, left me with a credit amount on the account!! Again no answer and, strangely, the call got cut off at that moment!!

Good luck in getting any sort of sensible dialogue going with them!!

Feebee_71