N Power not accepting payment term

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4015 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have lost my job and my husband is only working part time and we are unable to pay all our bills at the moment. We have taken advice from step change and have offered Npower £5 per month for Gas and £5 per month for the lecky. We sent a copy of our household budget

Last week they phoned and wanted meter readings for both which we supplied.

Today we got a letter wanting to set up a payment plan and they are going to TELL US how much we will be paying but we need to set up a payment plan with them.

They have asked us to phone with meter readings (which they already have ) but will require an initial payment when we call before setting up a payment plan otherwise they will follow their collections procedures and we could get charges put on.

Are they able to do this?

Have you called them since receiving this letter? The letter is probably automated and got crossed with your previous call.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

No shall do so in monday - but the problem is can they tell ME what I can afford to pay and refuse to accept my offer. Also can they demand a payment from me over the phone before talking about any payment plans

No they cant. Plans are made around YOUR circumstances. Not whatever random number a min wage telephone rep says.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D