shift hours and sleepovers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3986 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would really appreciate some help with permitted working hours. Today I go to work for a 7 hour shift 3-10pm. I am then required to sleep over on the premises for a flat rate of £31. This does not change if I am disturbed. I then resume work at 8.30am until 1.30pm. I find this regime exhausting. Regardless of how often I am required to do this does my employer have the right to ask this of me. Many thanks for any help you can offer. I am in the process of joining UNITE also in case they might be able to help.

When you sleepover, do you actually get left alone to sleep, or are you on call?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

We are on call for emergencies. We have a phone and a pager. We can be woken by the bed alarms of service users or sometimes a drunk service user who disturbs us. We sleep in a worker flat but we are now being asked to sleep on a camp bed in the living room of a flat containing two young men.

Thank you. I have read these documents already. It still remains unclear as to whether this is permissible. There seems to be some leeway about how hours are worked out over several weeks at a time. I am not so much worried about minimum wage concerns as the fact that I am expected to work back/early shift with sleepover between.

well, it depends if you have opted out of the working time directive

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Hi

So they are now asking you to sleep on a camp bed in the living room belonging to two male Service Users.

1. What Risk Assessment has been carried out? (ask for a copy of this)

2. Have you been trained and know the Lone Working Policy and Procedure. (ask for a copy of this policy)

3. Is it company Policy to have Staff members sleeping in the living room of a Service User. (if they say it is ask for a copy of that policy)

4. What security measures will be in place for the staff member sleeping in that living room (i.e. say the service user took offence at this and decided to assault the sleeping staff member).

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group