• Tweets

• Well we can't predict what the judge will believe. PE will say that they responded in the deadline and you will say they don't. Nobody can tell what a random DJ will decide. However if you go for an OOC settlement you should still be able to get some money
    • What do you guys think the chances are for her?   She followed the law, they didnt, then they engage in deception, would the judge take kindly to being lied to by these clowns? If we have a case then we should proceed and not allow these blatant dishonest cheaters to succeed 
    • I have looked at the car park and it is quite clearly marked that it is  pay to park  and advising that there are cameras installed so kind of difficult to dispute that. On the other hand it doesn't appear to state at the entrance what the charge is for breaching their rules. However they do have a load of writing in the two notices under the entrance sign which it would help if you could photograph legible copies of them. Also legible photos of the signs inside the car park as well as legible photos of the payment signs. I say legible because the wording of their signs is very important as to whether they have formed a contract with motorists. For example the entrance sign itself doe not offer a contract because it states the T&Cs are inside the car park. But the the two signs below may change that situation which is why we would like to see them. I have looked at their Notice to Keeper which is pretty close to what it should say apart from one item. Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 Section 9 [2]a] the PCN should specify the period of parking. It doesn't. It does show the ANPR times but that includes driving from the entrance to the parking spot and then from the parking place to the exit. I know that this is a small car park but the Act is quite clear that the parking period must be specified. That failure means that the keeper is no longer responsible for the charge, only the driver is now liable to pay. Should this ever go to Court , Judges do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person so ECP will have their work cut out deciding who was driving. As long as they do not know, it will be difficult for them to win in Court which is one reason why we advise not to appeal since the appeal can lead to them finding out at times that the driver  and the keeper were the same person. You will get loads of threats from ECP and their sixth rate debt collectors and solicitors. They will also keep quoting ever higher amounts owed. Do not worry, the maximum. they can charge is the amount on the sign. Anything over that is unlawful. You can safely ignore the drivel from the Drips but come back to us should you receive a Letter of Claim. That will be the Snotty letter time.
    • please stop using @username - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread inc you gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Allied International

Pimp Cat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5203 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone had any dealing with Allied International?

It looks like my debt has been passed to them after scott call returned it to RBS after my first CCA letter. They say that they have written to me but i havent recieved anything. Just lookin for an address really. as i still have a copy of the letter i sent to scotcall ;)

Hopefully it will have the same effect :lol:

Thanks.

Colin.

Hi,

Yer I know them, they just put the phone down on me when I stated I had asked them for a copy of the CCA 12day ago, and also 30day ago I asked them for the charges under data procetion.

I was told, your request wont be dealt with as we are going legal on this today, I then pointed out that he was in my view breach of the Wireless Telegraphy Act (1949) as I have requested that all communication be put in writing, when I asked for his supervisor I was told, he was the most senior credit account manager and he was going to teminate the call, but I was advised they where going legal.

There are nearly as bad as capquest!

Ry

Thanks for your reply and for the address. I will send a letter off now! Also thanks for the Wireless Telegraphy Act (1949) as i have twice told them that i want all comunication to be written and not over the phone!

Cheers.

Colin.

• 2 weeks later...

afternoon all,

So i sent the CCA letter off to AIC and the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to Mint(rbos) on the 19th of Oct. I still haven't recieved a thing back from AIC although i had both a letter and a full set of my statements from Mint.

However i popped home at lunch to find a Urgent - Final Notice of Intent from AIC.

saying unless i pay them the full amount they will issue a claim through my local county court yadda yadda yadda...bailiffs will come take all your stuff.....ect ect.

i sent the CCA recorded delivery and the royal mail website assures me that it has been delivered although it can not provide me with a copy of the signiture at this time.

Should i be worried about the most recent letter from AIC as i thought a CCA request ment that the account was in dispute and there for on hold, and that a CCA request was "a complete defence to any court claim that is issued." as they haven't provided the requested documentation.

all help and advice is more than welcome.

Thanks.

Colin.

Yep in the Same boat and Time is ticking for them.... They sent me a letter saying last chance I just simple Faxed them a copy of my letters with a cover note saying ' I think the attached are self. explan; time is ticking you only have days left'

Ry

So you think its ok then and i'm worrying about nothing? I thought that if an account is in dispute (cca letter) then no action could be taken anyway? I.E court procedings. Think i might wright them a letter in reply but i am unsure of what i need to be telling them could someone please point me in the right direction or give me a hand in trying to work out exactly how i should proced from here.

Thanks.

Colin.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

can anyone help, i had a phone call from aic saying i owed them £850.00 from a debt with natwest goin back to 2001 i have had no contact from the bank in all that time, then the other day aic called me back saying that as i was self employed they had the power to freeze my bank accounts and stop me from earning any money, is this true?

They have no power to do anything other than hound you for alleged debts.

Have you had a letter from them?

Make a note of all phone calls (time date etc), and collect and keep any letters from them.

There is a procedure to follow, and the first stage will (probably) stop them dead in their tracks.

Also, if nothing has happend at all with this account, then after 6 years it is Statute Barred, which means they can shout all they like, they wont get a penny from you.

DONT CALL THEM, and DONT GO THROUGH THEIR SECURITY IF THEY CALL.

Other with more knowledge will look in and advise you more, but what I have written is a first step.

Regards.

Edited by gni03349
spelling

• 5 months later...

gni03349, please could you tell me more about what you mean by 'if nothing has happend at all with this account, then after 6 years it is Statute Barred, which means they can shout all they like, they wont get a penny from you.'

I have just been contacted by Allied International about an overdraft I took out from Llodys TSB in 2001 or 2002. I now live overseas and tried to contact Lloyds about this account only without the correct securit information they wouldnt put my through/talk to me about it. Allied International have been much easier to talk to about this and I am happy to pay - the amount in full. However, they refuse to send me any paper work to proof who they are and I wondered if they have the right to demand this so quickly - considering that nothing happened in Llyods for years? Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I am also going through a bit of hassle with these jokers at Allied International, I had a student account about 3/4 years ago maxed out my overdraft - then in the period from graduating finding a job etc built up lots of account charges and interest upto £3,242.56 now in my graduate account passed to these rather rude individuals at allied international!

I received a call to make an out of court settlement of £1,900.00 - I thought thats sounds fine I'll make arrangements to pay it off in full - but I will require this in writting about 3 weeks ago - still to this day I received no paper wrok confirming this.

I called up this evening and they said "oh this is some kind of delay tactic" I said well no I have the money to pay this off the only dealy tactic is your letter being sent to me and I asked why its not sent as recorded delivery and they made some excuse that they don't do recorded deliveries (bollocks). Then this guy trys to tell me he will email me a PDF file will this agreement then I should make the payment.

There is no way I'm paying a penny to Allied International without hard copies and a letter of the agreement signed - no emails as I feel this is a trick (bluff) to make a verbal agreement on the phone of an out of court settlement to try and get a payment from you, then later come back to you requesting the rest of the full outstanding balance that they said would not be owed. BEWARE of this trick and whatever you do don't part with a penny until you have this in writting. Even if they send you an email they can deny they sent the email to you to begin with and .PDF files can easilly be edited by anyone.

They are very sly individuals and all they see when they ring you up is there commission % that they get - thats all they are concerned about.

I would be very interested if anyone else has had this same experience - I only wish that I had recorded my telephone conversations with Allied International so I could use what I was told in court against them.

Hi storm trroper.

I haven't been able to get online for awhile as I am currently having some problems with my laptop.

Anyway, don't pay them a penny!!!!!! This people sound like real crooks. I am also having problem with them. I requested a cca but instead they sent me a notice of arrears, asking me to pay up. I have not yet answer them as I am trying to find out what I should do at this stage. Not only did they not send the cca but they also missed the 12 dys deadline. I am thinking of requesting another request for cca.

But I'm sure glad that I am not alone in this situation as it can be very stressful. So, guys lets continue to support and help each other and hopefully beat the bastards!!:x sorry if that was offensive.

hi

i am in the same boat, i sent a letter and a cca request last week, i had been getting very nasty calls from them, saying they were going to make me bankrupt etc. i have today recieved a notice of arrears.

what i am worried about is i go on holiday 1st of next month for 10 days

and my daughter will be in the house alone (its ok she is over 21)

can they turn up at the house?

Hi almond!

Hopefully others who are wiser and more experienced than me will confirm that these jokers cannot simply decide to send anyone to your home. There is a letter on here (not sure who was the original author!) that you can send them saying that you do not give them permission to send any of their representatives to your home (see below);

WARNING

Dear Sirs

ACCOUNT: XXXXXXXXXXX

With reference to your letter of *****, I notice that you intend to authorise collection agents to visit my home and that you may issue proceedings against me in the County Court and may issue a default on my credit file. [may not all be applicable]

Please be warned that, since you have not complied with my request under s78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 within the statutory period or at all, any or all of these actions would be unlawful under s78(6) of the Act.

Specifically, regarding your stated intention of authorising collection agents to visit my home, please remember that there is only an implied license under English Common Law for certain people to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.).

Please therefore take note that, I revoke license under English Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so without my permission, you will then be liable to damages for a tort of trespass. You would also be conspiring in a trespass if you sent someone to visit me nevertheless.

If you do not understand any part of this letter, you should consult a qualified solicitor.

Yours faithfully

Hope this helps put your mind at rest. ;)

ftc.

• 1 month later...

No, do not make another request. As long as you sent the request by recorded delivery and can prove you sent it, if they haven't responded then they are just digging a hole for themselves.

You have made the request in good faith and they have plenty of time to respond. If they do not reply within 12 days + 1 (i think) then have defaulted on the allotted time allowed. If it passes 30 days and still no response, then they have broken the law and you have grounds to go to the OFT and Ombudsman.

The ball is in their court now. Do not speak to them or write to them until the deadline passes.

VULTURES!!!

• 1 month later...

I am having trouble with Allied too, it too is a Lloyds TSB Loan that I took out years ago, and defaulted on it about 1999, it went to their solicitors and I had been paying them about £40.00 a month, and got the loan down to £7120, from about £10,000. Unfortunately I have not paid them since September 2008, and although I contacted Lloyds solicitors in December to say I would make a payment, due to my financial situation, especially after Christmas I was unable to make a payment. On the 27th Feb 2009 I received a yellow card from Allied demanding the full £7120, when I contacted them they said I would have to pay the amount in full, but they would reduce it down to a settlement figure of £6,000. They threatened that they would put a charging order on my property which meant I would not be able to sell it (I currently have it on the market), and they would take action to repossess the house (for £6,000), and then take further action for bankruptcy...nice!

I tried to get another loan from Yes Credit but because of a poor credit score was rejected, they then passed me over to a debt management company called Money Worries, who say they can arrange to pay off my debtors, they have told me not to pay Allied anything, until they talk to them.

In the meantime Allied have now said that Lloyds TSB will accept 20% of the debt £1,500, which we have managed to borrow from family, but they want that by Friday 3pm, at the latest or legal proceedings will start.

Sorry about the long e mail, and all this has happened in 2 weeks!

somebody should be able to give better advice but i had these guys on the phone in october, wanting the money in 24hours but because it was the weekend would give me 48hours, i was preparing for my tribunal case

and was in one hell of a mess (won tribunal £16K) but he did a runner so

am chasing it. well back to my story the guys on here were great told me

to cca them and send a harrassment letter. never heard from them again

yesterday got a letter from lloyds sol so will be sorting it out today.

I know its not much help but don't worry , i was told they were going to

take the house off me etc, the guy was very nasty indeed

great thanks for that, but what do I put in an harrassment letter, would be great if you could send me a tempolate or something.

somebody should be able to give better advice but i had these guys on the phone in october, wanting the money in 24hours but because it was the weekend would give me 48hours, i was preparing for my tribunal case

and was in one hell of a mess (won tribunal £16K) but he did a runner so

am chasing it. well back to my story the guys on here were great told me

to cca them and send a harrassment letter. never heard from them again

yesterday got a letter from lloyds sol so will be sorting it out today.

I know its not much help but don't worry , i was told they were going to

take the house off me etc, the guy was very nasty indeed

great thanks for that, but what do I put in an harrassment letter, would be great if you could send me a tempolate or something.

hi

have a look in the template letters on here they is one somewhere

bye

Great have found that, am just starting to find my way around this website/forum.

Would I put on this Harrassment Letter, problems with my health, have got my anxiety back, had panic attacks and only 3 hours sleep a night!

hi

have a look in the template letters on here they is one somewhere

bye