Mr Lender PDL company

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im a new member to this site, so forgive me if I have posted in the wrong thread. Firstly I would like to thank you for this brilliant site. I wish I had seen it months ago. I have 9 PD loans. I have come to an arrangement with the following: Wonga, PDUK, One Month Loan and WDA. I am negotiating with QQ, Pounds To Pocket, Lending Stream and UK Lending Alliance. Mr lender is due on Friday. They will be expecting £150. The original loan was for £500 which I only took out last month. I had some emergencies that came up and cannot make the repayments. I cancelled my CPA in writing to the bank and also to the other creditors. I need to inform Mr Lender about my financial difficulties. I am worried sick as I have heard of people receiving calls at work. I am committed to paying all my loans off. I can only offer about £30 this month. In 2 months time I would have finished paying another PD lender so I can up the payments. Has anyone had any recent experience with MR Lender. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

You need to write to the lender and tell them that you cant meet repayments and to only contact you in writing. Once instructed, they are NOT allowed to contact you by phone. Its a big violation of OFT guidance if they do.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It may be smarter to try not to get the lenders back up and email them. IF they decide to call I would answer, stick to your guns discuss the matter and then get them to confirm everything agreed in writing. I know that many may disagree but I have seen this way work better and stops us fighting with the lender over absolutely nothing. any which way you go, good luck.

What I am going to do is send them an email informing them of the situation and send a recorded letter. I will just state that I have cancelled the CPA with my bank and that my preferred method of contact is by email or letter. I am going to propose a repayment plan in the email so at least they cant say Im not willing to pay anything. I will answer my phone if they call however I will do what I did with QQ, I will follow the conversation up in an email. If they are intimidating on the phone I will hang up and promptly send a recorded complaints letter. I don't want to ignore the calls in case they call my work.

No point following it up in an email. Much easier to simply say "in writing only" and then hang up.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

A good example of why to stay off the phone is I once called a lender and put an agreement in place. They decided not to do as agreed but seem to have forgotten they'd sent me an email as well. Needless to say they backed down.

Mr lender called me and informed me that they were recording the call. I informed them that I was also recording the call. I advised them of the email that I had sent requesting a repayment plan (I had also included an IE statement) They advised me that they needed £150 to set it up. I informed them that I did not have that sort of money due to being in severe financial hardship. They also said that they were adding £12 for late payment fee and this would rise to £60. I asked why and she did not reply. She stated that they would attempt to get payment from my account at various times. I reiterated that I had cancelled my CPA with her and my bank and that any payment taken would be unauthorised. She then said that its not just me that they would try and take payment from it is everyone that defaults. I asked her if this was ethical as obviously people are not paying because they cant afford to. She didn't reply. I asked her to send me an email confirming why they need £150 to set up a repayment plan and why would charges up to £60 be added. She said they would be too busy to send an email today but they would another day. as soon as I got off the phone I emailed MR L to confirm my conversation and asked if they could inform me in writing about the charges and the why they need £150 to set up a repayment plan. I sent it to about 3 different departments. can anyone advise me as to where I go from here? If I don't receive a reply by Monday shall I make a complaint to them? It is almost like a delaying tactic to extort more money via charges.

Ok. Not that big on what they can get away with but it sounds like the person just admitted to ignoring your cancellation of the CPA and said they would try your bank account despite you taking away any authority.