TimsGirlfriend V's Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After reading through the web site I have now decided that I will post my letter requesting my bank statements tomorrow. The only thing I cannot seem to find is when you write to head office to ask for bank statements do you send the letter via registered delivery and if you write a cheque for the £10 cost is it just made payable to Halifax? I'm sorry to ask but my brain is aching and my eyes bleeding from trying to get my head round all this information.

Thanks in anticipation :)

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 2/11/06

Statements Received 02/12/06

Prelim sent 25/01/2007

LBA sent 09/02/2007

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have sent off my SAR today requesting my statements. I take it you do NOT include the weekends in the 40 day deadline? I did say it was a stupid question lol :wink:

Prelim sent 25/01/2007

LBA sent 09/02/2007

Thanks for the answer, I really was not too sure. I have gotten my head around most of this process but its the silly things I'm not sure about! :D

Prelim sent 25/01/2007

LBA sent 09/02/2007

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update. Halifax received my SAR and have ackowledged receipt. They have said they will send my bank statements by the 18th December and today they cashed my cheque so I am well and truly underway.

Prelim sent 25/01/2007

LBA sent 09/02/2007

• 2 weeks later...

I had a nice little letter rom the Halifax today telling me my statements had been ordered and I should receive them shortly. The thing I am wondering about is I know I am supposed to send the LBA when I have been through the statements however with Christmas coming up I am unsure as to whether to do this before Christmas or wait until the New Year when it will be easier to deal with in regards to dates, deadlines and having to file at the court. What would you guys do?? How are you getting on Seaside? Anything through your end yet?

Prelim sent 25/01/2007

LBA sent 09/02/2007

Hi seaside, good to see you. It does make more sense to stick to the original dates and at least then it will be over and done with by around the end of January. Thanks for the tips AD, and your right it is just two more letters and then the court thing after all. I will post again when I have a total of charges. I really haven't got a clue how much I have paid them over the last few years, am hoping for a nice little lum sum to start the new year off!!

Prelim sent 25/01/2007

LBA sent 09/02/2007

I'm not going to file a MCOL but am going to file at the court in person as I have read on other threads that as I am in receipt of tax credits that I will not have to pay any charges to bring the case.

Prelim sent 25/01/2007

LBA sent 09/02/2007

I will do that AD but probably after I have sent the prelimanary as I don't want to bung my head up with info and get the procedures mixed up, which does seem to happen.

Isiris what can I say? Cheeky so and so! :D

Will post again when I have more info, take care guys.

Prelim sent 25/01/2007

LBA sent 09/02/2007

I kow where ours is as I'm halfway through trying to settle finances with my ex husband through court and have to swear the paperwork to the judge this afternoon. I'm also due back in work shortly after 6 months off maternity leave, I don't do things by halves lol.

Prelim sent 25/01/2007

LBA sent 09/02/2007

Evening Girls and Boys,

Well I got my bank statements this morning and it appears I have run my account far better then I thought I had. I have totalled my charges to £494.00 before interest, with interest it comes to £654.68. Apparently that 9 years worth lol. Now I have sorted my spreadsheets both with and without interest like a good girl, but I am a bit worried that as the amount without interest is relatively low to a bank that they may just pay me back and I will lose out on my interest. Should I just go for broke straight away and file the schedule with interest??

Prelim sent 25/01/2007

LBA sent 09/02/2007

Thats because they sent me bank statements from 1997. The first bank charge I have is in 2000 though so they are not going that far back. I also have no intention of taking a partial settlement, its my money they've taken. I have since read other threads and will adjust my Prelim to show £494.00. Will keep you posted.

Prelim sent 25/01/2007

LBA sent 09/02/2007

• 1 month later...

Well I finally have gotten around to posting out my Prelim letter today at long last!!! I haven't had a chance until now due to being busy returning to work, going backwards and forwards to court thanks to the ex twit I married and I've also been trying to sort out our wedding, but I've done it. How are the rest of you guys getting on? I expect your almost at the end now but would be interesting to hear your stories. Take care and I'll keep you posted as ever.

Prelim sent 25/01/2007

LBA sent 09/02/2007

Right, I posted out my prelim on the 25th Jan as I said in the above post. Today I get a letter from Halifax saying

"We're keen to deal with your concerns as quickly as possible. A Customer Relations Manager will investigate the points you have raised and you will receive a reply shortly, but certainly no later than 4 weeks."

No hint even of a paltry offer, The Swines!!!!!!

Now this looks like a standard letter to me and would I be correct in thinking that I just send out my Letter Before Action next Thursday as this is when the 14 day dealine is up?

Prelim sent 25/01/2007

LBA sent 09/02/2007

I've been looking at the N1's and Mcol as its getting closer and I need to know what I'm doing but I'm confused. I know if I file N1's at court I need to make 3 copies etc but what happens if you do it through Mcol? What do I need to put in and what do I need to print off? Do I just ammend the details on the Mcol template, do I need to send anything to the court? Sorry I did say I was confused lol.

Prelim sent 25/01/2007

LBA sent 09/02/2007

I might go the N1 route as well thinking about it, at least that way someone can check it and make sure its okay. I can't do it on the 14th day due to work but would have to file it the day after, not that its going to make that much difference I expect.

Prelim sent 25/01/2007

LBA sent 09/02/2007

Right today is the day I am sending off my LBA, then I have to file at court on the 23rd Feb. It is nearing the end and I can't wait! :D

Prelim sent 25/01/2007

LBA sent 09/02/2007

Thought I would have a look at the N1 and have started to fill it out so I don't have to do it next week and I'm stuck!

I have put in my claim costs for eg,

Charges £494.00

Interest under S.69 County Court Act 1984 £167.32

Court Fee £80.00

Fee for Bank Statements £10.00

Total £751.32

But what goes in this bit as I don't have any overdraft intrest?

Plus interest pursuant to S.69 County Courts Act 1984 from date of issue to date of judgement/settlement at £xx.xx per day {(enter daily rate here - (CHARGES+OD interest)x 0.00022 = pence per day) }OR at such rate and for such periods as the court deems just.

Do I just cut the OD bit out and add the charges and interest together?

Prelim sent 25/01/2007

LBA sent 09/02/2007

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm due to file my N1 on Monday, have it all filled out and waiting to go, and today the Halifax, in their infinate wisdom, have offered me a grand total of £262. Well you can shove that up your bum Halifax, I want my £661, especially as they cannot break the charges down due to it being commercially sensitive information. My question is do I need to tell them no I don't want their gesture of goodwill? Or should I just file in court on Monday and they get the message 2 or 3 days later when they get the court paperwork?

Prelim sent 25/01/2007

LBA sent 09/02/2007

I might just file, it would seem a waste not to use the N1 paperwork, a lot of blood, sweat and tears went into that! Apart from which the Halifax make me so mad, they make it sound like they are doing you a favour offering you back some of YOUR money. Apart from which it looks like yet another of those standars letters they sent out with the amount filled in, there's nothing like a halifax logo photocopy letter.

Prelim sent 25/01/2007

LBA sent 09/02/2007

Only £494, but its the principle. They have paid out other people in full plus interest over the phone and for larger amounts than mine.

Prelim sent 25/01/2007

LBA sent 09/02/2007

I see your points but I've turned the offer down. Why should they get away with not returning back any interest on money they have taken for unlawful costs of charges, yes its a bonus but its what we're entitled to at the end of the day. If I rang the bank and said sorry I'm not paying any interest today then they would pursue it anyway, why should it be any different for the customer?

Prelim sent 25/01/2007

LBA sent 09/02/2007

Actually they haven't offered the full amount, the full amount is £494.00 not £450.00. I know its only a £44 difference but they said thats all my claim was worth. My bank statements definately show £494.00, I have just spent ages re-checking them all.

Prelim sent 25/01/2007

LBA sent 09/02/2007

I take it you sent the Letter Before Action? In it you state 14 days for them to pay you, if they do not pay you then you file in court, or by MCOL. Stick to your time scale, this is your claim not theirs.

Prelim sent 25/01/2007

LBA sent 09/02/2007