attachment of earnings and self employment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had a letter which claims to be from the court saying that if i dont fill it in (N55) and send it back they will send me to prison for 12 days.

Is this correct because i am sure the finance company cannot go for an attachment of earnings if you are self employed.

Also on the n55 form there is no court stamp and the back of the form has not been filled in by the court. Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Santos

Springfield

You're right - there can't be an attachment of earnings if you're self employed. I take it there's a CCJ needs dealing with so if they can't apply for an AofE they are likely to look for another method to collect the debt.

I suggest that you return the form with a note explaining that you're self employed.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks for the quick reply. If it does not have the court stamp/seal on it and it has not been signed (as to how it was issued) do you think it is a legitimate court letter or just the company fishing for details? Also, would they not have to check if I was employed before they applied for the AofE?

Springfield

They have to apply to the court with this form but you can't refuse to complete it. Not sure how else they can get employment details. From what I've seen if the process they're following it correctly.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

This is the process that is applied...but only if you are in employment:-

http://www.ukdebtcollection.com/PDF/attachment_of_earnings.pdf

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

If you are concerned about whether the form is genuine, simply give the court a call. The creditor probably does not realise your self-employed - and even so you still need to complete the form.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you are concerned about whether the form is genuine, simply give the court a call. The creditor probably does not realise your self-employed - and even so you still need to complete the form.

Thanks for the quick reply.[b] If it does not have the court stamp/seal on it [/b]and it has not been signed (as to how it was issued) do you think it is a legitimate court letter or just the company fishing for details? Also, would they not have to check if I was employed before they applied for the AofE?

You have the N55.....does it have the stamp seal on it?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread