Housing Benefit Suspended

topcat77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4032 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My HB was suspended on 15th April due to a change of circumstance of partner moving in and making a joint claim for ESA. A decision cannot be made on my ESA until I have attended an ATOS medical assessment on 31st May :(

I have not received any HB since 25th March and my landlord is now chasing me for eight weeks rent which is understandable. I have been to Shelter about this and my landlord has given me more time to pay luckily. I have also wrote to my local council asking them to pay my benefit based on the only income I have which is Child Benefit and Child Tax Credits.

Today I checked my benefits online which I can do with my local council and my account is saying that the next payment is due on 17th June which will be 12 weeks benefit. Can HB only be suspended for 12 weeks and then a payment is released? Shelter has even telephoned my council to make a payment and they still haven't :(

I have also read on here that if I email the CEO of my council, the problem will be resolved much quicker.

Any help would be much appreciated.

my sisters took 9 weeks to sort out due to a change in her circumstances it only took 30days to sort out when she first applied for HB she had a social landlord but she still got lot of grief from them but it took 9 weeks in total until payment started to be made when they did they paid all the rent arrears..

most claims usually take 30 days to be sorted they say but its not a rule in general it might depends on how many cases they currently on in your area or might be a back log just keep chasing them up with it it might take longer though