failed atos medical

arya
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3753 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:Hello arya:

Nice to hear back from you. Helps us to help you cos we know we're not writing into thin air.

Great that you've some face to face help with your appeal. From what you've written the lady from the therapy services is going to send a fuller statement to Jobcentreplus of how you believe you meet the criteria for an award of employment n support allowance. Did she suggest evidence from your counsellor/doctor to support the statement?

Currently, you're at the reconsideration stage of your appeal. In due course, a Jobcentreplus decision maker will read your appeal together with any supportive evidence (which can be submitted as and when you can get it, national insurance number on every sheet) to see if there's grounds to revise the disallowance decision. If Jobcentreplus don't change their decision they'll send your appeal to the Tribunals Service for hearing by an employment n support appeal panel where you get to choose between a paper hearing or (recommended) arguing your case in person.

Best wishes, Margaret. :panda:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankyou Margaret. Yes she is going to get a statement from my counsellor to support my claim. I`m so very grateful for her help and yours too, and everyone else who helps out on this forum.

I`ve to ring her as soon as I hear from jobcentre and she will help me with whatever comes next.

This lady said she doesn`t go to the tribunals but can help me to find someone who can, if it gets that far.

xxxxx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. Update:- Jobcentreplus decision maker has not changed their original decision so it now goes to the tribunal stage.

Is this the way it usually goes?

Hi everyone. Update:- Jobcentreplus decision maker has not changed their original decision so it now goes to the tribunal stage.

Is this the way it usually goes?

Yes, I would say it happens this way far more often than not.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

• 1 month later...

Hello again....Further update.....Papers for tribunal filled in and all necessary information forwarded to them. I was told I could be waiting a year or more as they are inundated with appeals.

Thanks to all :-)

Yes I waited almost 18 months back in 2009, but it was sweet when I won the tribunal and got back pay of just over £4000.....was hard going waiting and managing on reduced income support of £50, good family support helped, and I was glad I hadn't given up. Great support from this site was priceless, as always. The best advice I had once the tribunal papers had been completed was to know I had done all I could and try not to watch for post and get caught up in when it would be...I found that hard with the anxiety element of one of my illnesses, but I got through it. Wishing you good luck and the best outcome for you.

• 1 month later...

Hi all, back again. Got a phone call from welfare rights who are going to help me and go with me to my appeal. Just need to find someone to go with me which is the hardest part, don`t know if they would come to me... should have asked but as usual I got all flummoxed and any way it could be months before I have to go, so trying not to worry about it. Thankyou. xxx

• 5 months later...

Hi again, sorry its been so long... I do quite often come on this sight and read some of the posts. Update.... Tribunal date is 3rd April, meeting at welfare rights first. Have well fare lady and a person from mental health care going with me. I have just started intensive CBT, a nice young girl comes to my house, it works wonders having someone to talk to even though I still can`t look at her or feel comfortable enough to open up. I`m hoping by the time the appeal comes round I will not feel quite so anxious. Sat here feeling as nervous as hell, don`t know what else to say....Bye for now.xx