Housing/Council Tax Benefit

Ros1609
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4057 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My 3.5 year old son has just been awarded DLA at the middle rate. I currently receive Housing and Council Tax benefit and am subject to the bedroom tax. Will his DLA affect my HB and CB? If so in what way? Will I have to pay more?

your housing benefit may increase or stay the same, impossible to tell without knowing some further information about: -

1. your household income, e.g. are you receiving a means tested benefit from the DWP
  2. the size of your property, e.g. how many bedrooms do you have? how many are "spare"?
  3. are there any other household members, e.g. do you have other children that he is being expected to share with under HB rules?

council tax benefit has now been abolished and replaced by local council tax support, each council has their own scheme, so it will depend upon which council you are with

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

Its Telford and Wrekin Council. I can't find any info on their website. I claim Income Support as a Single Parent. I receive IS, Child Benefit and Child Tax Credits as well as Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support/Benefit - whatever its called now. I have a 3 bedroom house and 2 children. I am subject to the bedroom tax as my children are under 10 years old so could (in theory) share a room. I do have to pay about £66 per month in rent and CT now.

okay

does your son's medical condition/disability mean that he is unable to share a bedroom with his sibling and needs a room to his self?

if so, you may be able to get an extra bedrooom in the hb and be protected from the bedroom tax

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

He gets the middle rate for Personal Care. He can need support during the night i.e. if he wets the bed or falls out despite the guard but it isn't every night or even every week. Its his sister who is the nightmare sleeper and has sedatives prescribed for her bad nights.

I have a three bedroom house because when I was on the Social Housing list here they said because I had a boy and a girl I needed three bedrooms. Of course this was 18 months before the bedroom tax was introduced