Centre parcs - unreal experience!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4021 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just come back from our annual visit to Centre parcs, this year I thought we'd treat the family and book an executive lodge.

First of all it was a small issue, when we arrived at our lodge at 3.40pm the maid still hadnt finished cleaning so we had to wait 10 minutes outside while she did.

Second was a significant amount of fag butts were left outside the front door and with young children it's not a good thing to have around.

Thirdly, the master bedroom smelt so badly from cigarette smoke I actually spent the first night on the sofa, I am a asthmatic and the fumes were playing hell with my asthma.

Reported the smoke issue to guest services who supplied a machine to get rid of the smell, however they took the machine away and you could still smell it, it smelt like a stale grotty pub!

In our "New Style" Exuecutive lodge, the door handles were falling apart, grout missing from bathroom floor tiles which meant they moved when you stood on them, two of the internal doors were jaggered and a real hazard of little feet and even big feet to be honest. One unique fitting was actually a plant with a budd on it growing up through the skirting board of the master bedroom, my son throught it was a wire at first.

Maid service was terrible, cooker not cleaned, dishwasher not emptied and there was even sweet wrappers stuffed down the sofa from the previous guest that the maid never cleaned up, one had a boiled sweet in it YUK!

In the description when I booked the lodge, it stated it came with a private patio area and gass bbq, it didnt have a gas bbq it qas a brick on which you could by a throw away bbq and place on it.

How they get away with selling a lodge with facilities which they do not supply I do not know!

I have been visting centre parcs since 1999 and I am flabbergasted at the standard of their executive lodge, far from the standard that I stayed in on my last visit.