My daughter is insured by Hastings

gpowell
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4038 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter is insured by Hastings - in Jan this year someone reversed in to the back of her at the local shops - they denied liability however there was CCTV and the shop manger viewed the footage and confirmed that my daughter was stationary and the man reversed at speed in to her - My daughter notified the Ins company but nothing happened she called on numerous occassions but no update - 2 weks ago she called again - they followed up only to learn the CCTV footage had expired! - we then sent a complaint -they have agreed to take a witness statement from the manager and on receipt will uphold for my daughter and apply the 2 years no claims - however her insrance was up for renewal 2 weeks ago and they will only accept the premium with no claims discount until the witness statement is received - this has more than doubled her premium to over £1000 - we chase daily re receipt of the witness staement and are told we only check to see if received every 2 weeks but in your case we are doing it every other day - great service ............if they had not be negligent in the first place we would not be in this situation - my daughter has had to use public transport and be reliant on lifts re communting to work - a complete shambles - is there anything I can do - if i move Hastings will not honour the 2 years NCD until they have the witness statement

Hello and Welcome,

I've started a new thread for you.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi gpowell, Thanks for posting on the forum. I am sorry to hear about this situation and I would like to help. If you can please ask your daughter to get in contact with me, I will liaise with the claims team on your behalf to get this matter resolved as quickly as possible. Our email address is [email protected] Many Thanks, Jamie

• Haha 1

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, I will pick this up straight away for you. Many Thanks, Jamie

I have now managed to insure my daughters car ......... At a cost! I have agreed to pay monthly at a whacking 36%APR by paying monthly the premium is over £200 more I am still having to pay the premium without the no claims discount . I can not understand why they can not telephone the witness and obtain a verbal statement until the written one is received

Insurance companies are very quick at taking premiums but when it comes to paying out or sorting issues that they have caused progress is not must faster than stop!

They are very sympathetic with their words however Hastings actions speak louder / do the right thing / it is very simple

Pick the phone up to the witness rather than me

Obtain a verbal witness statement

Apply the 2 years NCD

Reduce the premium by 50% for the stress inconvenience and costs of being without a car for 2 weeks. Thank you for the £25 paid for being on an 0845 number for 58 mins and numerous other calls

It s time to do the right thing for your customer

Over to you

Hello gpowell, seems you hit the wrong button and sent a post to CAG admin rather than post it on your thread. This is the message you wanted to post on here..

Hastings bending over backwards to resolve ...... Not!Instead of checking their database every 2 weeks to see if witness statement eceived they are going to check it every day!!! Whoopy do! Have they never heard of telephoning faxing e mail Appalled !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Another 5 days on Hastings and still no update we are still to receive the claim form 4 months on since the accident!

When are you going to right your wrong?

I will be referring this to FOS therefore you will be incurring a£550 fee

Has anyone checked if the witness has sent the statement back ! I expect not as if you haven't chased for 4 months why would you now !

It is my understanding the fee has increased to £800.00 for FOS investigations :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thank you more pain for Hastings Mr Wicks (Hastings) is there any update on this case? We are still paying 36% APR on the premiums through no fault of ours