Northampton CCBC claim form/ Lowell/Drydens Fairfax/Vanquis***Claim Discontinued***

lovejoy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3706 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Andy,

Regarding the default notice, there is no reason for it to have been put on in the first place.

There was never any debt residue owing to Vanquis in the first place.

If there was no debt (arrears) in the first place, why did they put the default marker ?

Excellent news re the discontinuance BTW :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If there was no debt (arrears) in the first place, why did they put the default marker ?

Excellent news re the discontinuance BTW :)

The default marker was added by Lowell after they purchased an alleged debt from Vanquis.

I was able to prove that there was no debt in the first place and the whole thing was a complete mistake.

I had no contact from Vanquis or Lowell from the ending of the account in 2011 right up until court papers were issued in April/May 2013. It was then that I started to look into things and found the default marker.

There were also payments made by me that had not been credited to my account, there were some odd transactions added some six months after I had ceased using Vanquis and Lowell also added in to the court bundle that I had made a payment to them via a debt collection agency in April 2013 which was a complete lie.

So to recap there was no debt left with Vanquis and therefore the account should never have been sold to anyone.

So the question I have is this, can I get some recourse from Lowell/Vanquis for their mistakes and the problems caused by their adding a default?

just marking my place unashamedly so I can find you again as I am going to steal some fab advice and your experience - nothing helpful to give in return, very sorry...

:lol: You can subscribe to any thread by clicking on "thread tools" located in the grey bar under the thread title.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 3 weeks later...
The default marker was added by Lowell after they purchased an alleged debt from Vanquis.

I was able to prove that there was no debt in the first place and the whole thing was a complete mistake.

I had no contact from Vanquis or Lowell from the ending of the account in 2011 right up until court papers were issued in April/May 2013. It was then that I started to look into things and found the default marker.

There were also payments made by me that had not been credited to my account, there were some odd transactions added some six months after I had ceased using Vanquis and Lowell also added in to the court bundle that I had made a payment to them via a debt collection agency in April 2013 which was a complete lie.

So to recap there was no debt left with Vanquis and therefore the account should never have been sold to anyone.

So the question I have is this, can I get some recourse from Lowell/Vanquis for their mistakes and the problems caused by their adding a default?

Hi Caggers,

I'm still looking for some advice on this, after checking the credit file today it appears that Lowell are still updating the default.

As I have pointed out before the default should never have been added in the first place as there was no debt left due to Vanquis when the account was closed.

The problems arose because Vanquis failed to add payments made by me to my account, I have since proved I made these payments via bank statements to Lowell and their solicitors Drydens, hence them no longer continuing with the case.

So if anyone can point me in the right direction on how to go about sorting this I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.