JSA new rates 2013: when do they kick in?

san_d
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4053 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I've just received my first JSA payment for the new tax year and it's still £142 (£71 a week). Was this supposed to kick in with this payment or the next? This year I have not received the usual letter from the DWP informing me of the rates increases.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

The massive 1% increase happens this month I believe, how are you going to spend the extra £0.71 p per week? Wine, women, song?

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

The uprate date is early April, around the 6th or so. The new rate takes effect with the first payment period after that date, but JSA is paid in arrears. So you should get the higher rate on your next payment. Don't spend it all in one shop!

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

The massive 1% increase happens this month I believe, how are you going to spend the extra £0.71 p per week? Wine, women, song?

Wine and song are too expensive.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

and women aren't? :p

So a traveller walks into an Lancashire town. The man is exhausted, but spies an inn. Through the window he can see signs of revelry, and a beautiful roaring open fire. It looks like heaven.

He goes into the pub and asks what deals they have. The barman says "Well, we have a pie, a pint, and a woman for the night, £5."

The traveller seems puzzled. "That can't be right," he says. "What sort of pies do you serve here?"

Blame the great Alan Bleasdale for this...

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.