Working 16 Hours

silverwing
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4069 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I would like to know that if i get the sack from my full time job for misconduct i understand that the JSA may be sanctioned??But what if i have a part time job working 16 hours per week getting paid £128.00 per week would this be classed as low income, (ie) so it meant that i would not have to recieve JSA therefore the sanctiion would not matter ??????????????????and because i am only getting paid £128.00 would i still be entitled to housing and poll tax benifit.SW

Sixteen hours or more means you would not qualify for JSA, also your earnings are greater than the JSA allowance.

Your best bet is to go to your local council office and discuss your situation with them. The DWP/JCP+ will not be interested as your hours & pay take you over the limit.

You could also try the HMRC and see if you qualify for tax credits.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

You'll only qualify for working tax credits if you have children? single people with no dependants would need to work 30 hours at least for working tax credits? hosing benefit is different of course.

http://www.turn2us.org.uk/benefits_search.aspx

this link should be able to help you figure out if you would receive any help from the local authority. as posted above as a single person you would not qualify for jsa working 16 hours per week so a sanction for leaving voluntarily or being dismissed for misconduct would not be considered if you did not pursue a claim for jsa