jcd34 v Lloyds ** WON **

jcd34
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have sent my letter before action and so have about 6 days before i can issue a claim through court .Lloyds havent responded at any letters yet like the prelim or this lba .

If i do a court claim am i right in assuming that i calculate the 8% interest on each individual charge based on how long each charge is outstanding ? The various spreadsheets have got me in a spin !! And i dont want Lloyds to have any excuses for not paying me !! Im claiming £1600 total made up of 45 separate charges .

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering if this is normal ? i know that some banks will just ignore you till you file a court claim .I sent both letters recorded delivery so i`m assuming its just Lloyds being rude !

When did you send the letters

Lba sent 10th october so 14 day deadline not quite up yet but never had response to prelim either sent 14 days before the lba .Used customer care address on my statements ( local head office )

ok you will need to wait for the 14 days to expire before issuing a claim. you can however contact them and remind them just to nudge them along.

• Confused 1

ok thanks for that . I will give them a nudge just to remind them that i`m not going to just disappear and let them keep my money ! Roll on the 24th oct so i can file my claim with court .

when i fill in my claim form do i put the same address i used on my Lba /prelim letters which was customer care dept of my local head office ( the address on my statements ) or is there a central Lloyds dept/address that you have to use ? Sorry if its a dumb question but i`m getting the jitters now about all of this .

as recommended on this site the other day i spent all day yesterday trying to get someone at Lloyds to confirm they had received my prelim and lba letters as they hadnt bothered to reply to either .It was a complete farce and to top it all the bank havent sent me out statements for the last two months .I ended up in my local branch who finally confirmed my letters had been received but my statements had been sent to my previous address !! Where i havent lived for over 5 years !

So i`m more than ready to file with court on the 24th .I was given the Gresham St address in london details by a poster as to what address to put on my N1 .Is this what everyone has used ? So annoyed with Lloyds incompetence that im not sure i trust them to even open it when they get it !!

yes you calculate the interest on each charege and how long outstanding and just file your claim on the 24th.if you're filing online you will have to send the spreadsheet to the court by post as there is no facility to do it online.good luck.

i know i posted this somewhere before but i cant find my thread !

Due to file my court claim on the 24th so does anyone have the address that i put for Lloyds on the claim .I sent my prelim/lba to local offices but got reply to Lba from Customer Service Recovery Centre in Andover . Do i use this address or is there a main address to use at this point now .

thanks

since sending off my prelim and lba with the schedule of charges attached i have since had another £60 in charges taken ! Can i add these to the spreadsheet i hand into the court even though they wouldnt have been on the lists i previously sent to the bank ?

an updated schedule of charges can be given to court

-----------------------------------------------

Mortgage Express charges- settled in full after issuing claim

------------------------------------------------

To view the FAQ'S click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

To view the PRELIM letter click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

To view the Letter Before Action click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

To find Registered Address:

http://www.esd.informationcommissioner.gov.uk/esd/search.asp

If my advise helps click here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/reputation.php?p=366404

Repayment of amounts charged by the defendant to the claimant for purported breaches of a contract to supply current account banking services in contravention of the Unfair Contract Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations (1999), the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and the common law

Think this is right? Courtesy of Cheddar on Toilet Bandits marvellous Natwest thread. Worth a read by the way.

good luck

So i`m due to file at court on tuesday ( bit scared) and have got my list of charges with 8 % interest now attached and on charges of £1700 they will owe me £500 in interest !!! Feel like banging Lloyds heads against a wall and saying ; Pay me now and you`ll save money ,you fools !!! But if only it was that simple .....

Can anyone help me regarding the N1 form to file at court .I have text to put in under Details of Claim and Particulars of Claim but am a little unsure as to what to put under Value

Do i put :

Bank cHARGES £ XXX

iNterest £XXX (under sec 69 )

And then a sentence to say i want daily rate of interest up to the day of judgement /payment at ( amount of charges x 0.00022p )

I am not claiming court costs as i am exempt from these anyway .

I`d be grateful for help as i file tomorrow and this is (hopefully) my last stumbling block on this form .

Can anyone help me regarding the N1 form to file at court .I have text to put in under Details of Claim and Particulars of Claim but am a little unsure as to what to put under Value

Do i put :

Bank cHARGES £ XXX

iNterest £XXX (under sec 69 )

And then a sentence to say i want daily rate of interest up to the day of judgement /payment at ( amount of charges x 0.00022p )

I am not claiming court costs as i am exempt from these anyway .

I`d be grateful for help as i file tomorrow and this is (hopefully) my last stumbling block on this form .

Yes, under Value put

Bank charges of XXXXX

Interest of XXXXX

plus £10 DPA fee (if you paid that for your statements)

you can put the daily rate of interest at the end of your particulars of claim. :-)

Thanks alot for that Stadium Arcadium . If i`ve still got the brain power after doing all this i will post paragraghs i used for each section of the form for anyone else who needs them .