• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Tv License Visit

flynnsmum123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4048 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is, certainly one of them.

If you truly feel that I work within either the bbc or capita, why don't you report me to one or both of them? I've already posted my views on the matter, that it should be taken back in house and not run by capita for personal gain. If its a government decision to make everyone pay in this way, then it should be run the same as the DVLA is. If I do work for either of the companies, surely they will take exception to my comments and I would be in trouble.

This view on this is my own and I do not work with anything at all to do with tv licensing. Call my bluff on the matter and put your money where your mouth is. I assure you that you have this wrong, and are a very, very paranoid person. I worry for you in everyday life.

Section 363 of the Communications Act 2003 makes it an offence to install or use a television receiver to watch or record any television programmes as they’re being shown on television without a TV Licence.

Licence required for use of TV receiver(1)A television receiver must not be installed or used unless the installation and use of the receiver is authorised by a licence under this Part.

(2)A person who installs or uses a television receiver in contravention of subsection (1) is guilty of an offence.

(3)A person with a television receiver in his possession or under his control who—

(a)intends to install or use it in contravention of subsection (1), or

(b)knows, or has reasonable grounds for believing, that another person intends to install or use it in contravention of that subsection,

is guilty of an offence.

(4)A person guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable, on summary conviction, to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale.

(5)Subsection (1) is not contravened by anything done in the course of the business of a dealer in television receivers solely for one or more of the following purposes—

(a)installing a television receiver on delivery;

(b)demonstrating, testing or repairing a television receiver.

(6)The Secretary of State may by regulations exempt from the requirement of a licence under subsection

(1) the installation or use of television receivers—

(a)of such descriptions,

(b)by such persons,

©in such circumstances, and

(d)for such purposes,

as may be provided for in the regulations.

(7)Regulations under subsection (6) may make any exemption for which such regulations provide subject to compliance with such conditions as may be specified in the regulations.

People keep on quoting different legal obligations on having a TV licence

I thought a bit of clarity would be nice on what the Statutory Obligations are in law on needing a TV licence, without all the unsubstantiated hearsay and what people perceive is the Statutory requirement

If you truly feel that I work within either the bbc or capita, why don't you report me to one or both of them? I've already posted my views on the matter, that it should be taken back in house and not run by capita for personal gain. If its a government decision to make everyone pay in this way, then it should be run the same as the DVLA is. If I do work for either of the companies, surely they will take exception to my comments and I would be in trouble.

OK, give me your full name & address, personal email addy. Telephone numbers [ home & mobile] . We will see who is bluffing, after all i can`t make the inquiries without it, if you have nothing to hide you won`t mind giving out this information , will you?.

This view on this is my own and I do not work with anything at all to do with tv licensing. Call my bluff on the matter and put your money where your mouth is. I assure you that you have this wrong, and are a very, very paranoid person. I worry for you in everyday life.

You don`t need to worry on my behalf, as i have already told you, i don`t suffer from paranoia

People keep on quoting different legal obligations on having a TV licence

I thought a bit of clarity would be nice on what the Statutory Obligations are in law on needing a TV licence, without all the unsubstantiated hearsay and what people perceive is the Statutory requirement

Of course, it must be read in conjunction with the Communications (Television Licensing) Regulations 2004.

Of course, it must be read in conjunction with the Communications (Television Licensing) Regulations 2004.

Which are the Delegated or Secondary Legislation to the parent Act, that being the Communications Act 2003

You don`t need to worry on my behalf, as i have already told you, i don`t suffer from paranoia

You clearly do, as you think I am an insider when you are very wrong.

The site team can pass on details on my IP address if either organisation requests it should they feel that an investigation needs to take place. This will give them details of my location and ISP. This should be enough to satisfy the companies if they have an employee on their hands. I'm not going to send my personal details to you as I don't know what else you would use them for. I don't know you and I'm sure you wouldn't send me all the details you requested from me.

To be fair, I don't really care what you think. You can believe what you like for me. If you want to take it further, you can still make a complaint to any of the companies associated with tv licensing.

Exactly how I feel about giving information to BBC/TVL.

That's fine if you genuinely don't need a tv license. Fair play. With all due respect though, they are at least an official company who must comply with the data protection act. Paranoid snowy isn't and if I gave him that information, he could do anything with it, so it's not really the same.

You clearly do, as you think I am an insider when you are very wrong.

I'm not going to send my personal details to you as I don't know what else you would use them for.

Its taken a while, but we have got there. This is exactly what TVL / BBC / Capita want from anyone who won`t correspond with them & if they don`t they are accused of being guilty, so, you defend these companies & their methods , then by that default position, it makes you a TVL troll. You must be guilty because you won`t give me your personal infomation. you can`t have it both ways.

Either furnish me with your personal information so i can invade your privacy or you are guilty of being a troll. Its not nice is it, i don`t expect you to see or understand this very important point but it is where i & the vast majority of people who dispise the BBC & its lackys come from.

they will use the exemption in the DPA for the purpose of detection of fraud or to stop a crime

(Section 29

Crime and Taxation

Is the person asking for this information doing so to prevent

or detect a crime or catch or prosecute an offender?

no doubt they will state the exemption under taxation as it is a form of TAX to receive live broadcasts

A simple statutory declaration to capita would be all that's needed to stop any unannounced visits by capita, any further snooping can then be viewed as harassment under Article 8 of the European Convention of Human Rights

The right to respect home and family life

In other words snowy101, as BBC/TVL expect us to surrender our privacy, to prove our innocence, porkyp1g should surrender his privacy, to prove his innocence?

Correct.

The idea that i really want his personal information is ridiculous & i pushed it , to make a point. He keeps saying if you don`t need a licence then thats fine. I don`t need a licence but i am still assumed guilty & still being harrased, that is my point. I am fecked if i am going to let anyone into my property just to prove i don`t need a licence, asking Porky for his details is exactly the same hypothathis. He either gives me all of his personal details or he is a TVL troll.

In other words snowy101, as BBC/TVL expect us to surrender our privacy, to prove our innocence, porkyp1g should surrender his privacy, to prove his innocence?

It's not the same at all. What organisation is snowy a part of that will keep the information safe and ensures it won't be used for any other purpose?

If you read my posts properly, you will see I don't agree with capita being involved in the process and how they go about trying to catch tv licence evaders (targets and commission etc). I also don't agree with how the bbc acted in light of the jimmy saville scandal. But because I believe people who need a tv license should pay for one, that makes me a bbc troll.

Believe what you want. It really doesn't bother me now. We've already uncovered that there is at least one on here who should be paying for a license but doesn't, yet someone who agrees with you said they don't agree with license evasion? Which is it? I wonder how many of you guys who claim not to need a license tuned in when the World Cup/Euros or Olympics were on? Hmmmmm....

Snowy, you've proved to me to be a paranoid poster, so your credibility has gone for me. Do you care if I feel that way, I'm sure you don't. Do I care if you think that I am employed by either the bbc or capita, no I don't. Cest la vie.

The key is getting Capita to acknowledge your request in writing

You could phone it in, or email it in, or simply give it verbally to the bod who knocks at your door.

TVL state they WILL send a written acknowledgement.

They also state WOIRA MUSTl be respected by their staff.

It's not the same at all. What organisation is snowy a part of that will keep the information safe and ensures it won't be used for any other purpose?

You are missing snowy101's point.

BBC/TVL assume that people who won't prove they aren't evading, must be evading.

Based on that principle, if you won't prove you aren't a BBC Troll, then you must be one.

Note that I'm not saying you are. I'm just explaining snowy101's point.

You could phone it in, or email it in, or simply give it verbally to the bod who knocks at your door.

TVL state they WILL send a written acknowledgement.

We have the interpretations Act, so use it

written confirmation is always better than hearsay evidence

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4048 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks