• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Tv License Visit

flynnsmum123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4048 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no need to go back to basics. There is no need for a tv licence. It is an outdated relic and needs to be scrapped. It was introduced when there was only the BBC around and it was the only way to maintain it. As was previously said, the keyword is in the name British Broadcasting CORPORATION. They are there to make a profit, and they dont have to put any effort into it due to the tv licence TAX.

You might be ok with it, but i and many tens of thousands of others are DEFINITELY not.

It doesn't matter if you are okay with it or not, it is still a law that you a breaking. Morally, you are in the wrong.

When it all gets reviewed in 2016, maybe they will see that there are more alternatives for people on a subscription basis, like Netflix, so might actually change the law or even make freeview a subscription too. I agree it needs brining up to date, with modern times. if you pay your license fee, you get the programmes beamed live and decrypted. Then there would be no need for capita and all these targets and commissions.

But until such time, you are still flouting the law and you don't seem to have any moral issues with that. Astonishing.

It doesn't matter if you are okay with it or not, it is still a law that you a breaking. Morally, you are in the wrong.

When it all gets reviewed in 2016, maybe they will see that there are more alternatives for people on a subscription basis, like Netflix, so might actually change the law or even make freeview a subscription too. I agree it needs brining up to date, with modern times. if you pay your license fee, you get the programmes beamed live and decrypted. Then there would be no need for capita and all these targets and commissions.

But until such time, you are still flouting the law and you don't seem to have any moral issues with that. Astonishing.

Then law is wrong !

Again you seem to have skipped the ENTIRE reasonings in this thread along witht the legal reasonings why you should not pay nor can you be forced to.

You seem to be hung up on the simple fact that because others pay it and some no name idiot tells you to pay it, that you have no alternative but to comply.

Ive spoken to around 8 "inspectors" in the last 10 years and NOTHING has happened. That says it all.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Again you seem to have skipped the ENTIRE reasonings in this thread along witht the legal reasonings why you should not pay nor can you be forced to.

You seem to be hung up on the simple fact that because others pay it and some no name idiot tells you to pay it, that you have no alternative but to comply.

Ive spoken to around 8 "inspectors" in the last 10 years and NOTHING has happened. That says it all.

I would skip what this poster is doing just forget it

Ill agree with you there matt. Not worth the effort anymore.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It's not like somebody has just made up this rule and applied it and tried telling everyone it is right. If you are proved to be in breach of the law on this matter, do you not end up in court and get fined or imprisoned if you are found to be guilty? If you are comfortable risking this punishment, go ahead. You face the consequences if you do get caught and if you believe in karma I'm sure it will be applied. You will have no one to blame but yourself.

I thought I was dealing with people who don't need a license and were arguing against being assumed guilty, but its clear from some of these postings that there are examples of persons that should be paying for license, but don't. I'm not going to argue that anymore as this is a totally different situation and not one that is defensible.

Some people on here have said no one is justifying tv licence evasion, well it seems some are. I'm outta here now guys, it's been emotional.

Edited by porkyp1g

It's not like somebody has just made up this rule and applied it and tried telling everyone it is right. If you are proved to be in breach of the law on this matter, do you not end up in court and get fined or imprisoned if you are found to be guilty? If you are comfortable risking this punishment, go ahead. You face the consequences if you do get caught and if you believe in karma I'm sure it will be applied. You will have no one to blame but yourself.

I thought I was dealing with people who don't need a license and were arguing against being assumed guilty, but its clear from some of these postings that there are examples of persons that should be paying for license, but don't. I'm not going to argue that anymore as this is a totally different situation and not one that is defensible.

Some people on here have said no one is justifying tv licence evasion, well it seems some are. I'm outta here now guys, it's seen emotional.

I would skip what this poster is doing

It's not like somebody has just made up this rule and applied it and tried telling everyone it is right.

The BBC has done exactly that - the legislation makes no mention of inspectors or letters or any of the main process of TV Licence enforcement. That's all been created by someone (probably the GPO as was) and is now the property of the BBC.

If you are proved to be in breach of the law on this matter, do you not end up in court and get fined or imprisoned if you are found to be guilty?

Law enforcement does not give the Law enforcer complete freedom to do whatever they want. We have laws that apply to them, too.

You don't get imprisoned.

HE BBC and Home Office faced sustained criticism after the Prison Service revealed yesterday that 845 people were jailed last year for not having a television licence and paying the fine imposed by the courts.

HE BBC and Home Office faced sustained criticism after the Prison Service revealed yesterday that 845 people were jailed last year for not having a television licence and paying the fine imposed by the courts.

And I thought he was meant to be an expert on this topic?

I'm still waiting to see this video for ****s and giggles. We've already had one admit he watches tv but doesn't pay for a license, your guys refusal to answer the question makes me think your in e same boat (but too ashamed to say) and are hiding behind your rights. None of you have my sympathy if the day comes and your found out to be a tv license evader.

please list your questions PORKYP1G

for my education of course

Nah I just asked these guys if any of them actually watch live tv (or record it) regardless of any channel despite not paying for a tv license. Renegade has already admitted he does, but these are choosing their right to remain silent. Says it all to me really.

People are of the opinion that the TV licence is their to fund the BBC. The BBC receives a budget each year as to its charter from the government, irrespective on how much has been collected from subscribers.

The TV licence fee is nothing more than a licence to receive live TV broadcasts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4048 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks