Help ... Vodafone -> Lowell Financial

s76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4111 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Greetings fellow citizens, nanu nanu (mork and mindy in case your left wondering?)...

The short of it, Vodafone contract couldn't afford the monthly bill so buried my head in the sand which ended up being disconnected. Eventually passed onto a few DCA's (I believe) and now ended up with Lowell Financial. Fail to remember all the details (mainly attributed to alochol) and having discarded pretty much all of the Vodafone/DCA correspondances (is there any way to retrieve them?).

Lowell gave me a quick breakdown of the debt...

Original company name: Vodafone

You owe: £814.14

18 October, 2012

Dear Mr xxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your recent correspondence, the contents of which have been noted.

Please be advised that Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd through its collection agent Lowell Financial Ltd is exerting a contractual right to pursue payment of the debt following its purchase from Vodafone by Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd. Notice of the assignment of debt was given to you in writing through our letter dated the 14th September 2012 in accordance with Section 136 of the Law of Property Act 1925.

Please be advised this account was opened on the 5th May 2009 and the last payment date on the account was the 9th August 2010 for £25.00.

We can confirm the remaining balance is made up of airtime debt of £582.30 and an early termination fee of £231.84.

We ask that you please contact us with your proposals for payment.

We look forward to hearing from you.

******************************************************************************************

The Vodafone contract/account was disconnected on the 25th of September 2010.

Not sure of the options available to me as this will be scantioned to ScottCall from 01/02/2013 (don't ask procrastination) but I did call Lowell up today (31/01/2013) and advise them that I disputed the amount and will be in touch with a reason, to which I was told 'will be noted'.

Currently unemployed and living with parents.

Any help/suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

You could dispute the early termination and any part of the airtime that relates to line rental when the phone was unusable.

A SAR to vodaphone should uncover all bills and correspondence.

I think that your options are:

1. ignore it (unlikely to work for long)

(a) if they try for a CCJ use the above at that point and offer £1 per month

(b) if they try a statutory demand let them (if you want bankruptcy - depends on other debts) or proceed as above

2. contact them with the dispute and then try telling them your employment / income situation and offer them £1 per month

Hi s76,

Thanks for making me aware of your concerns.

To enable me to review matters for you could you email me with your details via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To ensure that it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as I can?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

As requested Lee ... Re: WRT135 - CAG [#11035793]

To 2grump... To be fair from what I can recall I did have an excellent service with my time with Vodafone and issues were generally resolved/credited to satisfaction. Just at the point in time my situation was difficult and I chose to panic and ignore rather than deal it head on! Rather an amicable and fair resolution than letting this drag on.