Suspended from work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4108 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It sounds like you've already presented your case in an intelligent and articulate way, so hopefully they will have some sympathy.

Three points though - firstly, I would apologise and offer to pay the 50% back (they may be entitled to deduct it from your wages in any event).

Secondly, don't covertly record the meeting. It's a big no no. Which leads me to my third point - take a companion with you to make a note of the meeting, if its allowed.

You're right though - if they do dismiss you then you don't have any rights, so I would focus on apologising!

Thanks for the reply,

I wouldn't of put it through as fully working if the glass had lifted while i was testing it, therefor i would of half priced it, but how can they say it has to be half priced due to unauthorised repair when that isn't in their terms and conditions which you have to accept when you make the order?

I have spoken to the girl and i have text messages from her proving that they have not even spoken to her about the situation i am in, so how can they say they have conducted an investigation?

If they are going to dismiss me (which i'm certain they are) then i would rather not pay back the money.

If i knew i was going to keep my job then i would have no problems paying back the extra and swallow my pride as i knew it was 100% fine when i tested it, if the screen was lifting id of just sent it back to the company that repaired it!

I appreciate that, but my advice was to maximise the chance of you keeping your job, and if you're dismissed, they may deduct the money anyway!

You may have not acted in an intentional way to deceive the company, but they currently believe you did, so you need to try and prove them wrong!

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't advice. You are relying on a witness who has been shown to be biased towards you under pressure and whom you demean by calling her a girl. Seek more credible support and treat your supervisor like an adult? Is that the attitude they are refering to do you think

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4108 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks