Northern Debt Recovery - Help with fees added on and general correspondence

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4101 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok now it's wait and see time.

Should a 3rd party DCA threaten doorstep collection, come back to us and it can be sorted for you.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just received a voicemail from NDR stating:

as they have not heard from me they are passing the file over for a home visit and this will incur extra costs. In order to stop the home visit I need to get in contact with them today.

Is this legal? and is there anyway that I can stop them visiting my home?

NDR wont come around. Its a scare tactic. If you are still worried, read http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?441-If-you-do-receive-a-doorstep-visit-we-give-these-suggestions-to-Members

Also, if they DO come around, if they discuss anything at all with anyone apart from yourself, then they are in breach of the DPA, ICO regulations/guidance and OFT regulations concerning their credit licence.

Just remember, they have no rights at all, in any way, under any circumstances.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Yes liam they ca do it but, you do not have to speak to any itinerant numpty with no authority. So

Send the following to the Compliance manager at NDR e-mail and RD.

Ref: as on their letter.

Sir,

I refer to your letter dated xx xx xxxx the conents of which have been noted, please take note I have no wish to make a appointment for any agent, representative or employee to visit my home, it is my choice to deal with ALL financial matters in writting therefore no such visit will be permitted. ( I refer you to the OFT Guidance 2003/2012 and the sections regarding the wishes of a debtor (alleged) as too when, WHERE and how they are contacted) should NDR persist with this course of action any such ''visitor'' will be invited to leave the premises immediately, failure to comply WILL lead to their removal.

As to costs of any such visit take note no such charge will be paid.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I have just received the below email.

Do you have any advice as to how to proceed. Am begin to panic a bit now!

Thanks

Re loan ref: 447557793902 / 17270244 / 27

Your have made NO effort whatsoever to resolve the matter of your debt with our client Easy Finance Club in respect of your Easy Finance Club***. We have no option now but to allow Solicitors, Door Agents and Bailiffs to deal with this case. You are liable for the full debt and will be pursued together with all evidence of your constant refusal to speak to us. This will NOT act in your favour as this matter progresses.

You currently owe:

Loan and Interest GBP 660

Cash Transmission Fee GBP 5

NDR Accept Case File GBP 200

Missed Payment Fee 2 (day 43) GBP 10

Solicitors - Case Preparation GBP 150

Repayments todate GBP 45

Total GBP 980

Please note

1. Door Agents have been dispatched

2. Solicitors have been briefed

3. Bailiffs have been informed

Judgement will be sought and a Warrant of Execution to seize goods/obtain an attachment of earnings.

CALL 0843 381 0843 NOW to STOP further action

Yours sincerely,

DEBT MANAGER - Greg Campbell

NORTHERN DEBT RECOVERY

0843 381 0843

NOTICE: The contents of this e-mail are intended for the named addressee only.

It contains information which may be confidential and which may also be privileged. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify sender immediately and then destroy it.

Northern Debt Recovery Limited (NDR) is a company registered in England and Wales whose registered address is Northern Debt Recovery Limited, 15 Lyndhurst Terrace, London, NW3 5QA, United Kingdom. Company registration number 6956396. Northern Debt Reco very Limited (NDR) is licensed by the Office of Fair Trading under Consumer Credit Licence number 631166

What a load of rowlocks, were on earth are these delusions comeing from, it's well know that NDR is run by amateurs and love to make thraets.

I you want a letter drafted let me know.

Sadly brig, thats their standard threat letter they send out to pretty much everyone.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

They are only doing this because not enough complaints are made to the regulators, report every thing, every time.

e-mail the delusional Ms Campbel the following.

Ref: as on their e-mail

I refer to your rather ridiculous e-mail makig threats that seriously breach the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003 update November 2012.

One would presume that as ''Debt Manager'' for your appalling company you are aware of the Guidance but for clairification I will spell this out for you:

1.''Door agents have been despatched''. Take note I will not discuss any matters with any agent of NDR and as set out in the OFT Guidance 3.9(k) states '' Ignoring or disregarding a debtors reasonable requests as to WHEN

2.''Solicitors have been briefed''.& 3. & 4 all amount to a breach of section 3.5 ©. Stating or impltying that enforcement procedures will ensue ........ under circumstances when court judgement has not been obtained.

It is my belief also that this e-mail breaches guidance on the manner and content of ''debt collection'' letters.

Perhaps you and thos in authority at NDC should study regulation and guidance carefully given that consumers now are empowered by more knowledge than NDR exhibits by sending such comunications.

I will now only communicate by letter with NDR all other forms of communication are unacceptable.

A copy of this correspondece is being forwarded to the OFT with a comment on the fitness of NDR to hold a Consumer Credit Licence.

I have today recveived another ''threat'' regarding ''bailiffs visiting in 4 days'' you must be be aware that this is another serious breach of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection and as such is being added to my original complaint.

How such incompetence is allowed beggers belief and shows your company is totally unfit to hold a consumer credit licence.

Liam, I will draft a complaint to the OFT for you this lot really are beyond belief.

++-

Thanks for your responses. I am feeling a lot more relaxed knowing that this is a standard letter that is designed to scare and intimate people!

I received a text from NDR earlier this morning stating the below.

IN 4 DAYS BAILIFFS WILL CONTACT YOU. THIS WILL ADD FEES, LEAD TO COURT ACTION AND DAMAGE YOUR CREDIT RECORD POTENTIALLY STOPPING ANY FUTURE CREDIT - 08433810834

I will send a copy of BRIGADIER2JCS's letter above to NDR later today.

I am more than happy to repay my original loan amount and any reasonable interest charges. However any mention of a repayment plan seems to invoke a standard template response from NDR!

This Must be reported to the OFT, they cannot threaten bailiffs calling they have no authority EG NO CCJ I'll amend the letter slightly.

Ahh the good old texts. Ignore them.

One thing i urge you to do is make a full complaint with the OFT and NDR as Brig said. With NDR's complaint, make sure you head it in nice bold letters "FORMAL COMPLAINT". This makes them provide you with a final response, upon which you can take it to the FOS and even further.

Please understand that you MUST start complaining, as if you dont, others will get the same treatment too.

To NDR and the OFT?

If so I'll draft one for you tomorrow that you can send to both if you wish.

yes to both, Thank you both so much for all of your help and advice!

Wil do !!

Hi Liam Just reading through all that's occurred then will do the letter.

OK.

This goes to the Managing Director by recorded delivery, you will need to send copies of all the correspondence received from them, mark the envelope Private & confidential.

The Managing Director

NDR

Formal Complaint/ Breaches of OFT GUIDANCE on DEBT COLLECTION 2003/2012.

Sir,

I have received a number of commuications regarding an outstanding debt of £ xxx.xx originally from xxxxxxx, the communications received are of a threatening nature and contravene the OFTT Guidance copies of these communications are attached for clarification.

I will list the various threats made and outline the breaches of the Guidance for each one.

1.An e-mail received on xx xx xxxx states ''we cannot accept payment plans'': OFT Guidance Section 3.7 (j): (physical/pschological harassment). ''Failing to allow for alternative, affordable , repayment amounts when a reasonable proposal is made by a debtor.......:

2.NDR has failed to comply with my wishes as to when, where and how I am contacted: (list dates . etc here): Section 3.7 (J) & (k) apply here: '' contcting debtors at unreasonable times.'' and ''ignoring or disregarding debtos' reasonable requests in respect of when, where and how to contact them''.

We now progress to the outrageous threats contained in e-mail from one Greg Campbell stated to be ''Debt Manager'':

1.Threats of Door step vistors.. see 2. above.

2.Bailifs have been informed. Section 3.3 (b) & (d) in particular (d). ''sending misleading communications........: Section 3.5 (b): ' falsely implying or stating that action can or will be taken, when legally it cannot'':

3. The statement that ''baliffs WILL call in 4 days. section 3.5 (b) as above is breached as is 3.5 ©:'' falsely stating or implying that a particular course of action WILL ensue before it is possible to know whether such action would be permissible'': A clear breach as bailiff action cannot take place until a CCJ has been obtained and the defendant fails to meet a judgement order.

This communication together with copies of ALL the communication is being sent to the Debt Collection Team at the OFT, and comments regarding the fitness of NDR to hold a Consumer Credit Licence will be made.

(liam if you wish to make an offer of payment put it here, perhaps amount of loan without any charges and 1 month interest on condition that charges are NOT pursude and all CRA entries are removed).

Covering letter to The OFT Debt Collection team.

Address to Ms P Ashford

Complaint Conduct Breaching OFT Guidance 2003/2012.

Dear Ms Ashford,

I have received a number of threatening and ''misleading'' letters from Northern Debt Collection Ltd of.... (give full address here) ..................................the communications are from a Greg Campbell who is stated to be ''Debt Manager'' these have caused me much stress and worry, in my opinion this company is unit to hold a consumer credit licence.

I am aware that the OFT cannot respond to individual complaints but would hope the OFT can act swiftly on this to prevent this company continuing to threaten debtors in this way.

All recorded delivery.

You van make a donation to this sote. That means they will be able to continue to give advice :)

Thank you so much for your help! I will be sending the letter via recorded delivery later today

If there is any way I can repay you both for your help then please let me know how!

Liam

A donation is always welcome Liam, please keep us posted on the results.

where do the donations go?

To the running of the site.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert