O2 Mobile upgrade

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6409 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for the tip Barracad, I used to be with 3 and for that reason I don't think I could go back. I'm sure I would pass thier credit criteria though. Has anything improved with that bunch?? I rarely used to get a signal and the CS at the time didn't care as long as they were paid?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The signal situation has improved, but with any 'new' deal with the major players you get put on their 3G plan as opposed to their 2G plan so you get the same problem whether you are on 3, Orange, etc etc. The problem isn't so much with signal, it's with calls being 'dropped' - if you make a call in a 3G area, the call will be made over their 3G network, even if it's a voice call. The problem is when you're on the move and you move into an area which only supports voice calls - the call can't be passed across between 'cells' so it just gets dropped and you have to redial.

As I said, it has improved somewhat recently, but whereas you only used to get these problems on the 3 network you now get it whoever you are with if you have a 3G compatible phone and simcard.

As for cashback offers, you just need to be careful who you use. The company I had my phone off I have used for 2 consecutive years and got a phone on a 12 month contract, with 12 months "free" line rental each time. The catch? I had to pay my line rental to the network provider, then the company I got the deal through gave me the "cashback" and I got it back every time. This particular company had been going for a while, and are still going. I have also referred work colleagues as they have good deals, and I have even received a referral fee for each one, in addition to my cash back!

If you know what you're doing and choose a reputable company (and read the small print!!) there shouldn't be any issues.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

christmasrallycag_468x60.gif

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

The signal situation has improved, but with any 'new' deal with the major players you get put on their 3G plan as opposed to their 2G plan so you get the same problem whether you are on 3, Orange, etc etc. The problem isn't so much with signal, it's with calls being 'dropped' - if you make a call in a 3G area, the call will be made over their 3G network, even if it's a voice call. The problem is when you're on the move and you move into an area which only supports voice calls - the call can't be passed across between 'cells' so it just gets dropped and you have to redial.

As I said, it has improved somewhat recently, but whereas you only used to get these problems on the 3 network you now get it whoever you are with if you have a 3G compatible phone and simcard.

My new O2 Phone is a 3G model with new SIM. Will see if I get that problem. If I do, I'll turn the 3G stuff off or use my old SIM.

Jeremy

Jeremy

Computer Problems? Give me a shout...

I used to get it all the time, but now it hardly ever happens to be honest, and I'm still on 3.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

christmasrallycag_468x60.gif

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I am almost at the end of my quest.

Remember 02 wouldn't give me my phone of choice as a loyal customer, only as a new customer? (I am still perplexed and livid) well I've ended up signing up as a new customer and will be getting more for my money. I just have a couple of questions:

* I'm assuming when my new phone comes tomorrow I'll need to ring cancellations? this is where I am getting confused and probably ahead of myself, but is the number/ PAC code thing gonna be a problem with the contract dates overlapping at the end. This will mean 2 02 contracts running simultaniously.

See there you go I'm befuddled again:rolleyes:

It shouldn't be a problem, but I can only give you my PAC Code experince switching from Orange to O2.

You can have as many mobiles as you like, and as many phone contracts as you like.

Your PAC Coe will be valid for 28/30 days. Your current contract will end when you USE your pac code. I'm not sure if you can port a number from O2 to O2 though.

Oh crepe suzette, I don't know what to do! its a war out there LOL! If I do utter the magic word they might well action it, the first woman I spoke to today sounded like she couldn't give a monkeys, but then good sales people are good at that.

(well done with the sky thing BTW:grin: )

I think I'm gonna have a look around the digital spy forums the morra, and consider my options, thanks Tink:)

Hi, Just go for the kill and tell them you want to cancel, say NO to everything they offer you, "trust me" you are given a thirty day cancelation date and half way through that you will get a call saying how much they would like you to stay with them.

They will then offer you two options, your sky package that you are on for half price for six months or sky plus put in for a one off payment for a year of £49.99. and i have been told that sum people have been doing it for over five years cos as soon as the sixth month is up you just phone and cancel it again and just repeat every six months, i did it 4months ago and learnt that they would rather give you it for nothing than loose you custom has there is too much compotition out there now and they need you for their ratings...

Thanks Martin.

I'm going to wait until new phone arrives and cancel existing contract, without emphasising I have gone back with 02. When i've got all my facts straight I'm gonna call and see if I can get the deal I initially wanted, now knowing I have a phone in place with them anyway - so not worried about pushing it all the way. If I get my deal as existing customer - great, i'll then send the new phone back. If they let me cancel - i've got the phone I wanted with the same company. 02 Madness

I'm sure you've prob said it already somewhere, but on average how much do you pay for your mobile bills?

I'm just wondering if that's why there are reluctant to give you what you want.

I pay just over £40 per month incl insurance, if there is any grief when I come to upgrade next year I won't think twice about taking my business elsewhere! :D

You're right Tink - the reason is 100% because my average monthly spend is £28. The cancellations manager conceeded this and that I could apply for the new customer deal at the reduced rate - but couldn't budge regardless. My new spend will be the same only now I'll get 100 extra minutes and 300 extra texts (somewhere in that region) and i'll barter for the same if I keep my existing contract. You'd probably get your upgrade on that spend - but I calculate they still could have made roughly £200 of me by keeping me. Surely they'd think it was betting than me leaving? 02 logic.

Hi T,

My partner used to work for O2 and says that if you want to keep your original O2 phone no. you will have to 'port it onto an O2 pay as you go sim card. 'Port' means the transfer of your number onto another sim card.

It is not possible to port from one O2 contract to another. Ie: You cannot transfer your orig number onto your new contract sim card. You must go via a PAYG sim card. Bit of an inconvienance but worth it in the long run.

Once you request your original contract to be canx you can also request at the same time the port onto PAYG. The canx team can arrange this for you.

Once this has been complete, so now your original O2 number is on the payg sim card.

You can port this onto your new contract sim card.

Hope that makes sense

17/4 Sent CCA Request to Cabot - Argos/Cabot

Hi T,

My partner used to work for O2 and says that if you want to keep your original O2 phone no. you will have to 'port it onto an O2 pay as you go sim card. 'Port' means the transfer of your number onto another sim card.

It is not possible to port from one O2 contract to another. Ie: You cannot transfer your orig number onto your new contract sim card. You must go via a PAYG sim card. Bit of an inconvienance but worth it in the long run.

Once you request your original contract to be canx you can also request at the same time the port onto PAYG. The canx team can arrange this for you.

Once this has been complete, so now your original O2 number is on the payg sim card.

You can port this onto your new contract sim card.

Hope that makes sense

Thanks hun I think it does. Its funny I was in the local before discussing this with a mate and he asked 'the question' "Why do you want to keep it" and the answer wasn't forthcoming. All this porting business worry for nothing LOL, the new number will do just fine:D

To update, the delivery company (DHL Express) had me waiting all day for delivery and they didn't show. It showed online at about 4 O'clock that it was not going to come (I forget thier terminology) But when I rang 02 (or rather when they rang me back) it occurs that the DHL reasoning for this was 'Address Problems'. OK thats not possible, I live on a dual carriageway not far from the motorway - maybe its because thier depot is 14 miles away and couldn't be honest enough to say 'we don't won't to go that far for a single delivery'. Hell I could be wrong, but I've got a top girl from 02 on the case... I have faith:rolleyes:

I work for O2 too.. but thankfully not customer facing!! Retentions should be doing all they can to keep you at the moment (within the options they have available to them). Every single permenant O2 staff member is up for a big bonus if we stay above 17m subscribers at the end of the year.

___

MBNA VISA - PL sent 23/10

MBNA MCard - PL sent 23/10

FD - PL sent 23/10, offered approx 75% 27/10

Marbles - PL sent 23/10, rejected letter received 27/10

Thanks androobe, I certainly intend to call retentions again to cancel and/or negiotiate and its nice to have the 17mil thing as a bit of insider knowledge!!

What a day again. It started well with the fantastic Sarah from 02 totally commited to resolving this problem. Firstly I suggested £20 for my troubles and was credited to my account immediately. She then said I was definately going to recieve my phone today and that she would call later to check.

I waited all day foregoing nicotine and the supermarket run. 4pm Sarah rings - can't believe it and phones courier (DHL EXPRESS:mad: ) Sarah comes back to say "it should be with you for 5" . Sarah calls again at 5 "Tell me good news" nope! Sarah then calls DHL and they try to contact courier - they can't.

What bothers me is that the courier has my number but isn't willing to let me know whats going on.

Sorry if this is getting boring! Sarah will call first thing and we'll negotiate another compo - they'll be nothing left to pay at this rate!!

I've never gone without nicotine for that long before - I could have chinned the delivery guy had he came!

Oh and DHL wanted me to wait until 6.

Thanks androobe, I certainly intend to call retentions again to cancel and/or negiotiate and its nice to have the 17mil thing as a bit of insider knowledge!!

What a day again. It started well with the fantastic Sarah from 02 totally commited to resolving this problem. Firstly I suggested £20 for my troubles and was credited to my account immediately. She then said I was definately going to recieve my phone today and that she would call later to check.

I waited all day foregoing nicotine and the supermarket run. 4pm Sarah rings - can't believe it and phones courier (DHL EXPRESS:mad: ) Sarah comes back to say "it should be with you for 5" . Sarah calls again at 5 "Tell me good news" nope! Sarah then calls DHL and they try to contact courier - they can't.

What bothers me is that the courier has my number but isn't willing to let me know whats going on.

Sorry if this is getting boring! Sarah will call first thing and we'll negotiate another compo - they'll be nothing left to pay at this rate!!

I've never gone without nicotine for that long before - I could have chinned the delivery guy had he came!

Oh and DHL wanted me to wait until 6.

OOOOOOOHHHH DHL!!!! They have to be the most unrelaibale service I have ever waited on in my life. And a lot of O2 customers would agree. It has been alleged that a lot of phones have been going missing. That seems to be the only reasonable explaination for the amount of reorders of handsets

OOOOOOOHHHH DHL!!!! They have to be the most unrelaibale service I have ever waited on in my life. And a lot of O2 customers would agree. It has been alleged that a lot of phones have been going missing. That seems to be the only reasonable explaination for the amount of reorders of handsets

Funny you should say that, I'm almost convinced there's something amiss with all this. I think Sarah thinks the same - when I asked about something earlier along these lines she said 'I want to believe its not'. I don't remember in this quote box if i've said this already, but on the first day of non arrival they said and I quote 'we had trouble locating the address'. In fact thats not a word for word quote, but something very similar. As Sarah pointed out - they have Satnav do they not? To me (and remember DHL are apparently not able to get in touch with the driver) Its either they can't be arsed making the trip from A-B (14 miles) or there robbing 02. And its 02 compensating me for it and I don't like that. To quote Sarah 'ahem, they won't pay'.

I'm a little ticked off with it all. My Ident tracker is nearly A4 sized, with nothing but mystery attached to it.

Actually here's the tracker up to now:

StatusDateTimeSignatoryBranch Consignee Cannot Be Reached 16/11/06 18:45 NULL PRESTON SERVICE CENTRE Returned To Base Undelivered 16/11/06 PRESTON SERVICE CENTRE Out for delivery 16/11/06 10:21 PRESTON SERVICE CENTRE Security check 16/11/06 PRESTON SERVICE CENTRE Arrived At Depot 16/11/06 05:18 PRESTON SERVICE CENTRE Returned To Base Undelivered 15/11/06 PRESTON SERVICE CENTRE Consignee Cannot Be Reached 15/11/06 14:13 PRESTON SERVICE CENTRE Out for delivery 15/11/06 07:25 PRESTON SERVICE CENTRE Security check 15/11/06 PRESTON SERVICE CENTRE Arrived At Depot 15/11/06 04:09 PRESTON SERVICE CENTRE Departed Depot 14/11/06 23:52 MANCHESTER TERMINAL Parcel Picked Up 14/11/06 14:26 O2 - CUSTOMER LOCATION Shipment Data Received 14/11/06 LEEDS SERVICE CENTRE

Actually here's the tracker up to now:

StatusDateTimeSignatoryBranch Consignee Cannot Be Reached 16/11/06 18:45 NULL PRESTON SERVICE CENTRE Returned To Base Undelivered 16/11/06 PRESTON SERVICE CENTRE Out for delivery 16/11/06 10:21 PRESTON SERVICE CENTRE Security check 16/11/06 PRESTON SERVICE CENTRE Arrived At Depot 16/11/06 05:18 PRESTON SERVICE CENTRE Returned To Base Undelivered 15/11/06 PRESTON SERVICE CENTRE Consignee Cannot Be Reached 15/11/06 14:13 PRESTON SERVICE CENTRE Out for delivery 15/11/06 07:25 PRESTON SERVICE CENTRE Security check 15/11/06 PRESTON SERVICE CENTRE Arrived At Depot 15/11/06 04:09 PRESTON SERVICE CENTRE Departed Depot 14/11/06 23:52 MANCHESTER TERMINAL Parcel Picked Up 14/11/06 14:26 O2 - CUSTOMER LOCATION Shipment Data Received 14/11/06 LEEDS SERVICE CENTRE

The amount of complaints my partner said they received about DHL was enourmous. You would think it would be cheaper to send the phones out special delivery than have a man in a van driving about (or not driving about!!!!) for days.