• Tweets

• I would only rely on your solicitor in this regard. The other two should not have a view.   And, you are responsible for how the court perceive you. They only have your words and deeds to go on. Expecting them to magically see things your way is not a great tactic.
    • Yes, I don't think there is any downside to doing this. If they decline then you can say that in your witness statement
    • Ok! Do you still want me to work on that letter you discussed above in post #26?
    • Thank you for posting up the required details and well done for apparently not revealing the identity of the driver. I am assuming you are the keeper? The depth of ignorance of the parking companies is absolutely amazing. The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 is the law relating to private parking and allows those rogues to be able to transfer the charge from the driver [whose name they do not know] to the keeper after 28 days . This is dependent on them complying with the Act. So many of the don't and Alliance is no different. It would help if we could see what you appeal was and to post the back of the PCN as it is lacking so much of the wording necessary to make it compliant so that in your case only the driver is liable to pay the charge. And of course just entering the ANPR arrival times means that they have failed to specify the parking time which is a requirement..  Because the car park was so busy you had to drive around for quite a while before finally finding a place to park which is when the parking period may  actually begin. The poor dears at Alliance have not grasped that particular part of the legislation as yet. To be fair the Act has only been in place for 12 years so one must make allowances for their stupidity . We shouldn't really mock them- but it is fun. You weren't to know but the chances of winning an appeal against Alliance and the IPC is around 5%-and that is high for them. If they allow you to cancel they lose the chance of making money and they would have had a field day when you were there with so many people being caught overstaying because of the chaos in trying to find a parking space then trying to pay.  Your snotty letter could go something like this- Dear Cretins, Yes I mean you Alliance. After 12 years one would have thought that even you could produce a compliant PCN. Did you really think I would pay you a penny extra considering the time I wasted trying  to pay with  long queues at the parking machine, then trying to get a signal to call Just Park. On top of that you then had the cheek to ask for an additional £70 for what dubious unspecified pleasure? You must have made a killing that day charging all those motorists for overstaying because the queues to pay were do long and even walking to pay from the over flow parking fields takes time. And yes I did take photos of the non existent signs in the fields so please don't give me the usual rubbish about your signs being clearly visible. Oh yes that £70. Please tell me and the Court whether that charge included VAT and if it did, why am I being charged to pay your vat? I am sure the Judge would look carefully at that as well as the Inland Revenue. The truth is you had no reasonable cause to ask the DVLA for my data given the chaos at your car park and I believe that you therefore breached my GDPR...................... I expect others will give their views as well.          
    • opps this is going to get messy then if they don't refund. you should never keep util accounts in credit.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

please can you help - worry over a RLP from Primark

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3960 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ignore ignore and ignore some more. If they continue, then consider taking action against them for harassment.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

So sorry gals/guys but I've found the last couple of messages confusing as I am not asking for help or diagnosis on whether I should be visiting my doctor, only for help in batting of these wretched people who are making me feel ill every time something either comes through my letter box and now... my own private mobile!!!!!

I am truly so grateful for all the help and suggestions thus far and (Yes SP - I think you are/were possibly right in your advice about the non-l letter), but as mentioned - feel a little bit loathed to start any such dialogue with anyone (bar here - :oops:) having fought against doing so for the last seven months....

Forget about RLP. Honestley. Jackie relies solely on threats and intimidation. Thats why she sends letters out that make no sense and also full of lies and misinformation. Sometimes i wonder if she's related to Oliver Larholt.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Scotcall only deal with non collectable debts. Simply send a letter to them telling them that there is no debt, and you will be making a full complaint to the OFT.

this has been going on since xmas

don't you think

that

sort of

by now

if the courts had wanted to ever entertain a speculative invoice claim

you'd have got it, done dusted, sorted.........

you are now at the mercy of a series of lowlife fleecers

who WILL sent an ever increasing wind up of

letters

texts

emails

xmas cards

and dentist appointments

and not to forget the death threats to you pet budgie

as the more people get involved

in trying to FLEECE you

the more RLP's COSTS are going UP and UP.

your first mistake was ever giving any details to anyone.

your last mistake

was continually having a mutually assured destruction attack

everytime they pull your chain.

ignore them.

get on with the more important things in life.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

:???:

this has been going on since xmas

your first mistake was ever giving any details to anyone.

your last mistake was continually having a mutually assured destruction attack everytime they pull your chain.

ignore them.

get on with the more important things in life.

dx

Wow! I cannot believe this last response is from a "so-called member of the site team!!"

Jesus....what a complete and utter downturn/disappointment to get this form of response!:-x

not in the least

pay attention to what everyone is saying here

not what rlp or their paid spoofers are doing.

go have a happy life

ignore them.

if we charged you £100 for every post you made

and sent you a scary letter...

then another

then foundout your mobile phone number

and texted you the same

would you be worrying?????

me thinks not.

laugh at them

just as you did above at me.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Actually and to put the record straight: sad to say...

I certainly was far from laughing at your response.. quite the reverse... Also and in addition, bar your curt and what I personally feel is inappropriate and totally, whether meant or not, insensitive response, - I foolishly believed this site was formed to help people who find themselves in a situ, not to judge, chastise or monitor the number of postings that I or anyone else for that matter has made etc., etc., ....I only thank God your response was not the first I received :-x:-x:-x

...then again, in every basket of apples there is always bound to be one a little off and not as good as the others!!!

Plus - to add insult.... I have made a donation to the site for my service... :-x:-x:-x

:???:

Wow! I cannot believe this last response is from a "so-called member of the site team!!"

Jesus....what a complete and utter downturn/disappointment to get this form of response!:-x

Dx always goes right to the point. You can see his reasoning though. It has been going on for over 6 months now and the most they have done is sent you threatening letters. Chances are that they are watching this site, and we know they do, and put 2 and 2 together.

Actually and to put the record straight: sad to say...

I certainly was far from laughing at your response.. quite the reverse... Also and in addition, bar your curt and what I personally feel is inappropriate and totally, whether meant or not, insensitive response, - I foolishly believed this site was formed to help people who find themselves in a situ, not to judge, chastise or monitor the number of postings that I or anyone else for that matter has made etc., etc., ....I only thank God your response was not the first I received :-x:-x:-x

...then again, in every basket of apples there is always bound to be one a little off and not as good as the others!!!

Plus - to add insult.... I have made a donation to the site for my service... :-x:-x:-x

Try not to worry about people posting here. Regardless of their forum status, they are just like me and you. Here to give their own opinion. You are free to flag it for investigation, or just ignore the user.

Bless you for your response (renegadeimp)

I do understand as well as appreciate that DX may have his unique direct style however this approach must be adapted to each individual... he must also learn, take on board and appreciate not everyone is the same or has the same "hard nosed" persona but in retrospect he cannot help his style just as much as I cannot help being a more empathetic, sensitive type of person (Yep! femaie!! :-))

:-) thank you again x:roll:

what you need to bear-in-mind here is the whole site and its members and readers.

it is obv, as pointed out above, they know who you are & read this thread.

so, inadvertently, you are acting as a very good 'publicity vehicle' by posting everytime they send or do anything.

so thus. others read your thread

and poss come to the conclusion - I can't put up with getting all that agro,

that I can see from xyz thread that I've read that i'll get ...... i'll pay.......

RLP wins

I must look at the whole picture.

but yes I don't pull punches

but you and I are only text on a screen.

whatever I do or don't think about someone, does not influence what I post.

neither does it influence if or not I post

my worst enemy could have an issue

I don't care, i'll help.

HTH

dx

and they

:roll:Understand - well at least - think I do.

In essence and reality, I'm looking at it purely from a personal perspective whilst you are looking at it from a global overview - two completely different angles :madgrin: and you are right about the publicity ...As mentioned before, your harsh attitude from my angle helps exacerbate my embarrassment/shame and thus in turn as you say, playing right into their hands...etc., etc

Is it so, so obvious that I'm totally novice to this type of site/forum ?? Yep! time for the :violin:

that matters not

you wanted and have help.

lookat itanother way...

if you can ride it out..what a great thread it will and has become.

just don't panic.

please do keep posting the stages, its good ref.

but, unless you get actual court papers

treat them like you would anyone spamming you on facebook page or wherever.... it is one great big game.

dx

and they

Hi again Mystic-Lady

I have met dx and he is really a nice guy. Straight to the point, it's true and no, he doesn't pull any punches but when he says something that you perceive to be offensive, that is far from the truth. His aim is to 'try' to show that RLP are a bunch of chancers and the more letters and texts you get from their underlings (Scotcall) the more stressed you are becoming. I am sure you have read many threads where others in a similar situation to you have dealt with their own case. If you take on board the suggestions (your choice of course) it might just become easier for you to ignore the muppets.

I would like to make a point about my 'doctor' comment.

A couple of years ago, I was helping a chap called Lowwill who was dealing with a debt and the posts he made were very similar to yours (although nothing to do with RLP) The impression these posts gave me was that he was on the first stages of depresion so I made the suggestion that he visit the doctor. He did and he was diagnosed with depression and placed on 'happy pills'. The change in his perspective after that was palpable. I had the pleasure of actually meeting him shortly afterwards and he was a changed person. He hasn't been here for a while so I have to assume everything is going OK.

Please don't think my comment was an attack.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi....sorry I haven't had the opportunity of logging on since my last plea so also haven't had the chance to say thank you to sfox for your kind response and information shared.

Oh boy..it appears very much as thought these parasites (smother all) are going to go to the enth degree using whatever tactics ethical or not to obtain information!!!:-x

Latest update......text messages are still turning up with the addition of a call that was unfortunately answered. ...not sure how they managed to obtain the mobile number because whilst the account is in my name the phone now belongs to an Ex who's exceedingly angry with both SC and myself for invasion of privacy as he can't & won't change the number as it would cause far too many other problems for them!!

.... the caller asked for me by name and as it wasn't me that answered, proceeded to ask questions on whether he knew me and how. He in turn asked the caller why were they contacting him and who had given them his mobile number as a contact number for me - the caller responded saying "it had been supplied by me!"; I believe it was at this point where he became angry responding with a very curt "I don't think so!!" that they put the phone down on him! :lol:

We have both contacted the network provider and explained the situation. They in turn have logged all relevant information such as numbers used by SC to date; text dates; call dates etc., in order to complete records in respect of a harassment/nuisance calls log which will be forwarded to their internal investigations team and subsequently to the Police.

Perhaps I should have sent that "non liability" letter as was suggested previously......but not sure even that will stop these leaches???

would not have made an ounce of diff.

school holidays are upon us

prob find they need to spoof some more gullable victims

to pay for the staff holidays.

you are doing fine

just ignore them

and gather evidence.

you'll prob find they got the mobile from your cra file.

dx

and they

Perhaps I should have sent that "non liability" letter as was suggested previously......but not sure even that will stop these leaches???

The letter establishes that you deny any liability; this is clear evidence of a dispute and Scotcall have obligations in these circumstances under the OFT Guidance, compliance with which is a condition of their licence. We all know that RLP's invoices aren't legitimate debts, but DCAs don't use due diligence and as far as Scotcall are concerned they are pursuing a legitimate debt. They aren't going to go away if you do nothing, though they will have some sort of time limit after which they'll realise they aren't going to collect.