• Tweets

• No, but all you'd do is blindly run the statute barred date for another 18 months. Just sit on your hands until you get a letter of claim, then send a CCA request.  
    • Just like last time, Evri requested more time so they have another 2 weeks
    • Just an update, finance company rejected my complaint saying they've found damage but can't tell when it's from even though I've shown them how the front end is misaligned in the advert photos compared to another identical model car they're selling.  Dealership now want to charge me to get the car brought back to me but will only discuss over the phone which seems off. They're also saying no damaged was picked up by JLR main dealership before I purchased it but my local JLR dealerships till this day haven't mentioned the damage to me because they don't go into stuff like that for some reason lol  Ombudsman case is still open, not sure if I should leave the car with them or just pay to have it brought back.
    • Hi all, I get esa and pip,  I have £1200 in arrears that I owed my ex partner, I have been paying £100 per month to clear this debt that was setup by standing order, as I have complex needs I forgot about this standing order and have overpaid mainternance by around £4000, I told CSA I am happy for my ex partner to keep overpayment I do not wish to seek anything back, however they have declined to take of the sum of £1200 and are still saying I owe this to my ex partner. In my second question it was announced that pip would stop for mental health, I don't understand the link below Disability benefits system to be reviewed as PM outlines "moral mission" to reform welfare - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK The Prime Minister has outlined a package of sweeping reforms to put work at the heart of welfare and... Does this mean my money is going to stop? I have spoken to my key worker and I am already recieveing help from mental health team and complex needs team along with connections and mind, I just don't get what is going on.
    • No, i haven't had one for about 10+ years. I am thinking of just going to the court in person and pay at the counter
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

please can you help - worry over a RLP from Primark

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

load of old twaddle

IGNORE THEM.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

read from post 25 here:

ssame old twaddle

you are not the only one

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?371689-How-to-deal-with-RLP&p=4129894#post4129894

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have removed the earlier images as they were surplus to requirements :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Once again ...my heartfelt thanks to all as i truly appreciate everyone for taking precious time out of their day to respond and help me....and those patient with my inexperience of attaching, deleting or not as the case may be.....and whilst I've since learned how to attach things, I still don't know how to add one part of a thread to another or how to delete wrong images, so again a big thanks to all the genius's ..still working on that

&....

Waiting for the next letter to arrive on my doorstep???

I wouldn't waste any more time thinking about them.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

:-D

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 3 weeks later...

HELP AGAIN PLEASE...... I have received yet another letter in this morning's post, this time using far more threatening terminology;

I have been informed that if I do not pay; part-pay; respond to them or forward them a reasonable explanation as to why I feel I shouldn’t pay, my details will be passed to a third party debt collector to attain recovery. Not only will I have to pay £130 (bearing in mind they an Item that I had actually paid money for); I have 14 days to pay up respond otherwise my details will be handed to a debt recovery agency to recover monies together with interest plus I will also have to pay charges/fees etc; and still possibly go to civil court!!

Up until now I have followed the advice of completely ignoring everything and even started to relax but now with this latest I am so ill with worry...Do I pay? What should I do???

I will alert site team for you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

thats std practice!!

you dont owe anything so no debt

they cant add anything to a debt that dont exist.

they are not bailiffs

and have no legal powers

dx

and they

The fatal flaw in RLP's latest effort is that there is no debt - it exists only as a figment of RLP's corporate imagination.

The only way that their speculative invoice for a random amount could become a debt is if they issued a court claim and won. Now, we've seen that in the only properly defended case involving a claim based on RLP's notorious matrix, the claimant lost convincingly. RLP have claimed in various rambling letters, and on their website, to have won lots of cases - so we can only wonder, perhaps rhetorically, why, given the number of speculative invoices they send out, and the endless begging letters that follow, why they do not use this apparently successful method more often.

The reality is that they do not, preferring instead to employ methods of the sort described by the Law Commission as 'aggressive and misleading', an example of which we see here.

You may get a letter from a second-rate DCA called JB Debt Recovery. We can give you a reply to send that will remind them that pursuing non-existent debts is contrary to the terms of their consumer credit licence, and they will crawl back under their stone. We have not heard of any other DCAs taking on RLP's nonsense 'debts'.

Thank you, thank you, thank you....for taking the time to respond yet again......panic attack subsided for a moment well...at least until the next onslaught.

On the last response...has anyone taken them on for harassment or in my circumstance because they took goods I paid for theft? If only someone would give them a taste of their own medicine...

Again, cannot thank you enough for all your support, help and guidance, it's sooooo very much appreciated:oops:

I don't think anyone has brought an action for harassment - yet. It would be the security guards who stole your goods, not RLP.

However, you may be assured that bringing your issue to CAG, and resisting RLP's bullying, has a pleasing effect. Like all bullies, they hate it when they are shown up for what they are.

Remember, their silly letters are just pieces of paper with not very well-written words on them. Despite their grandiose posturing, they are entirely impotent; they have no legal authority, and no power to make you do anything you don't want to - ultimately, it's just some unpleasant, inadequate people trying to get money from you.

ML, could you let us have a copy of the letter please.. for our records :)

Follow the instructions below :)

Dx100 – Instructions on uploading pdfs

scan the requiredletters/agreements/sheets

as a picture file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

or ir you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

BCOBS

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42046[/ATTACH]

Sorry I wasn't able to attached the letter yesterday, my scanner is not configured to my laptop so had to wait until this morning...:!:

Please can you help and advise as there are some very strong threats contained within it...in particular para 1 and 5 which whilst threatening is also contradictory??:???:

Are these legite and does it have any bearance on my future

I will let those with more knowledge advise you if there is anything you need do.

From what I can see, you have pretty much been advised that this company are simply attempting to bully you into paying something that a court in Oxford has judged that they are not entitled to.

I am not sure where they are recording information for 6 years or whether it will affect your future.

I see that they photocopied your Passport - I thought it was not permitted to photocopy those !

I see they also seek to align themselves with the Association of Chief Police Officers, I was given to understand that organisation had disassociated themselves from RLP !!

They issue threats left right and centre to anyone who tries to highlight their bullying ways.

Their whole letter is full of contradictions. They demand to see a defence, when no claim has been issued.

They also have an incredibly warped view and lack of understanding of pre action protocols.

BCOBS

Just for info

Maxx, Tesco, Wilkinson, B&Q and Superdrug. The predetermined fixed sum demanded by RLP in most if not all shoplifting cases varies according to, and is determined by, the total value claimed of the goods or cash involved. If the value is between nothing and £10, the sum demanded is £87.50 and the 21-day settlement offer is £70; if the goods are worth between £10 and £100, invariably £137.50 is asked for, with a discounted 21-day-period amount; if the value is more than £100, £187.50 is asked for, with a quick-pay discounted amount of £150; and if it is more than £300, £250 is asked for, with a quick-pay amount of £200. It is clear that the company has never justified the legitimacy of its action. It has been asked persistently about the evidence for its actions, and it has repeatedly declined to produce any evidence that claims have regularly and successfully been pursued by means of county court proceedings.

The company has also clearly misrepresented the position. Until last November, RLP’s website stated that

“we have established operating procedures for Civil Recovery and agreed guidelines with the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) and Association of Chief Police Officers Scotland (ACPOS)”.

However, in October last year, the assistant chief constable who leads on retail crime for ACPO wrote to Jackie Lambert at RLP stating:

“Whilst there may have been agreements in the past about exchanging data and operating civil recovery with ACPO…there are no such agreements in place now and indeed on several occasions over the last few years I and my colleagues have asked that such references be deleted. Please remove from your website any and all references which state or imply that RLP operates its civil recovery in agreement or cooperation with the Police Service. Clearly if you have an agreement with an individual force you could make reference to that, but I know of none.”

In November last year, ACPOS said:

“At no time have ACPOS entered into any formal agreement with RLP or assisted them in any civil recovery”.

Taken from

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201011/cmhansrd/cm110322/halltext/110322h0002.htm

It is quite a way down the page.

Thanks for scanning the letter. It's the usual psuedo-legal drivel, as you may expect.

Let's just dissect what they say:

as we have not heard from you, our client's account of the incident may be relied upon as an accurate account...

This is meaningless; RLP can rely on whatever they want - it doesn't matter, since they aren't any sort of statutory authority. What they appear to be trying to imply is that if you don't respond a court may give more weight to some shop security guard's recollection. In the Oxford case, of course, the shop security staff's accounts of the incident were found to be wholly unreliable; indeed, they were so inaccurate that anyone reading the judgement might think they were lying.

In the absence of any defence, our client is also in a position to issue proceedings against you, blah, blah

Another bit of meaningless, misleading tosh. Their client could issue proceedings whether you have corresponded with their drones at RLP or not. RLP aren't solicitors, so can't issue on behalf of the retailer anyway. The only time you'd need a defence is in the remote event of receiving a claim - and then it would go to the court, and not RLP.

Whilst there is no legal obligation to consider mitigating circumstances in civil proceedings...

Well this, at least, is accurate - there is no such legal obligation. Similarly, there is no legal obligation to deal with companies like RLP for any reason.

Our client operates civil recovery within a set of core principles which were initially agreed upon with ACPO..

At one time RLP's website made much of apparent links to ACPO which appeared to be intended to suggest endorsement of RLP's activities. This included an document that purported to show some sort of agreement between ACPO and RLP. However, ACPO subsequently made RLP remove these references and documents because they were misleading. Note that they go on to say that these 'principles' (not a word I'd ever associate with RLP), were 'developed further' - but they do not say with whom - not ACPO, we know.

If we do not hear from you... it will either be issued, or passed to a company that specialises in recovering debts and undisputed claims for damages.

The wording of this part is interesting. We know that RLP can't bring proceedings themselves, and that retailers do so very, very rarely, so the chances are that a court claim won't happen. So, their next step is often to pass this to JB Debt recovery, a distinctly second-rate DCA. One letter confirming that there is no debt, and that any liability is disputed, and they shuffle off at once. I suspect that the 'undisputed claims' bit is an attempt by RLP to get round the fact that any DCA trying to collect unsubstantiated or non-existent debts (like RLP's claims), is in breach of the terms of their licence. To suggest that a claim might be undisputed and thus amount to a legitimate debt is misleading.

So, in summary, then, what you have is another fanciful attempt by La Lambert to legitimise RLP's grubby business and bully you into parting with some money. Nothing in that letter has any real substance, and you should not be concerned by it.

• Haha 1

:redface:

Wow!

..what debt and grattitude I owe all that have responded and helped me on here! Far in excess of what I deserve...Eveyone of you in my opinion are :angel:in disguise!

From the bottom of my heart; I really and truly cannot thank you enough! :grouphug:

Hi there Honeybee13, sorry I've only just picked this up........if honest, whilst reassured so much by the lovely, kind people who've truly helped me, when yet another letter turns up on the door step I tend to creep back to square one!!! Maybe part of that is the guilt pangs due to how very ashamed I feel...

:embarassed::hurt:

You can't change what you did mystic lady, but you've clearly learnt from it, so don't let their bullying tactics get to you,

Excellent dissection of RLP's letter by Mr Pimpernel :). it makes you wonder why RLP like to drone on about how you should never take advice from uneducated unqualified people from internet forums, maybe because we are not as dumb as they like to think..or hope.

*Waves at the RLP Trolls*

Andy